Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Void Trader's Pricing.

Cyrisclaw

Tl;dr: I would appreciate it if DE readjusted their price points for Baro Ki'teers items, as many of the them feel inconsistent or down right random.

One of the smaller problems I've had with Baro Ki'teer is his pricing. What I mean specifically doesn't have anything to do with how expensive they are, or how hard they to earn, what I'm talking about is the requirements for certain items or mods appear to be completely random and don't seem to be determined by any specific effect. If you're not very familiar with his prices allow me to provide an example using primed shotgun mods.

“Primed Point Blank” is a mod that increases your shotgun’s all-around damage by 165%, as you could imagine this is something you would want universally on every shotgun regardless of what type it is. The price of this mod is 110,000 credits, and 300 Ducats. 300 ducats worth being around 3-6 rare prime parts from opening relics or between 7-9 uncommon prime parts.

Then you have “Primed Shotgun Ammo mutation”, this mod lets you pick up ammo of any type, which is then converted into shotgun rounds. While convenient, this is a more situational mod only relatively useful for shotguns that have poor ammo conservation such as the Kohm.  This mod is priced at around 140,000 credits, and 400 ducats which is a higher price point compared to the Primed Point blank.

As mentioned I don’t have an issue with an item being worth a lot, my problem is with the consistency of these prices. Sinking 400 ducats into a mod that provides exclusively utility is a bit much compared to a mod that may very well reduce my ammo consumption simply because I’ll be able to kill things faster.  Please bear in mind, there’s more than one example of this all you have to do is look into the wiki a little.

15 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

just get used to it, we all have had to buy them at same prices for years, why would they change them now just cause your upset about it

Because making the game more consistent is a good thing.  We've all had the same bad guns for years now too and they just got done rebalancing those to make mastery rank items feel more consistent. Prices should too.  

17 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

just get used to it, we all have had to buy them at same prices for years, why would they change them now just cause your upset about it

Why would they change it?

Well why not, when a community speaks out about certain issues, Digital extremes have changed how certain functions work in the game.

As an example, we've had the "unsealed" primed vault packs for a while now, and due to demand they're now introducing accessory only bundle simply due to community feedback.

Just get used to it, we've all had to look into the same forum for years, why would I or anyone in that matter, change my feedback now just because you're upset about it?

Edited by Cyrisclaw

4 hours ago, Cyrisclaw said:

Why would they change it?

Well why not, when a community speaks out about certain issues, Digital extremes have changed how certain functions work in the game.

As an example, we've had the "unsealed" primed vault packs for a while now, and due to demand they're now introducing accessory only bundle simply due to community feedback.

Just get used to it, we've all had to look into the same forum for years, why would I or anyone in that matter, change my feedback now just because you're upset about it?

Big differene to baro, which is in game items anyone can obtain by collecting ducats, it wont change, it has no reason to change, want ducats, grind for them, like everyone else does

Prime packs are not even relatable to baro items in any way, yes "get used to it", everyone else in game sure has.....

22 hours ago, xXHobbitXx said:

Big differene to baro, which is in game items anyone can obtain by collecting ducats, it wont change, it has no reason to change, want ducats, grind for them, like everyone else does

Prime packs are not even relatable to baro items in any way, yes "get used to it", everyone else in game sure has.....

Prime pack un-vaultings certainly aren't related to Baro ki'teer. But it is related to why DE would be willing to change something that's been already out for a while, which is because they are willing listen to the community.

And yes it has reason to change, this game is constantly growing and changing, more events will come out with unique items and mods that very well may be given to Baro Ki'teer, as it's happened before with mods like Jolt and with weapons from the Wraith Series. It wouldn't be surprising to see some more primed mods introduced eventually as well, and you know what? They're going to need to set a price for each item.

As for the grinding for ducats, yes I know this. If you actually read what I was talking about, I have no quarrel with working hard to acquire something within the game, as I'm "used to it" so to speak. So I'm unsure what kind of point you're trying to get at unless you're simply disagreeing to disagree.

It's as I mentioned in the first post, selling something that is less useful for more is kinda dumb, and they should fix it so that all the items sell at a coherent price point, i'm not concerned where the price point is at whether it's cheap or expensive, only that it should make sense.

Cheers.

Edited by Cyrisclaw