Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea to bring void keys back

Wolfie6252

Introduction

So my brother and I were playing Mot and we thought about void keys and how we loved using them, then we came up with an idea, what if you could use relics to craft void keys(or atleast void key like things)

Crafting

The idea is you could take 4 relics of the same rarity, era and type to craft one of these void keys(4 radiant Lith C2 relics for example), not sure on the credit cost but the general idea is that void key survival is fun and opening a lot of stacked relics is tiring and time consuming(atleast for the 2 of us)

Usage

so what would happen in terms of the actual mission is that you would load up onto a void node(maybe something like when there is an alert on a node and you can choose the mission, in this case something like Lith Key:Survial-Orokin)

have a pop-up similar to selecting relics

select the key (Lith C2 Key[Radiant])

and you would load up into a 20 minute void survival, where every 5 minutes it would give you a prime part based on the chances of the relics you used to craft the key. (I don't whether or not you should still get the 25% bonuses, but I don't think it's necessary since the last bonus would be useless because you would need to extract) 

Mission

It wouldn't need a new node on the starchart either, you have the perfect levels at the end of each void node(just make it survival like some alerts would)

• Taranis 10-15 (Lith)
  • Ani 20-25 (Meso)
  • Belenus 30-35 (Neo)
  • Mot 40-45 (Axi)

And so that's my suggestion which I think will benefit warframe, it brings back the void key feel but prevents you from turning one thing into other things for as long as you want.

Disclaimer : I am not saying that the relic system is bad, in fact I love it but I think it would be nice to bring back void keys in some way because sometimes I feel like doing void survivals but it would be nice to come out with more than a handful of argon crystals, it helps with clearing out stacks of relics too.

36 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

I'm not sure I get it. Wouldn't you get the same result just taking the relics to an endless fissure and going to rotation C (20 minutes, 4 waves, etc.)? Except with the added freedom of staying longer and/or choosing different relics if you want to?

the thing is u cant always choose the mission type u want, this would let you

10 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Then why add this whole mechanic when all you'd need is to make more fissures stay open...? 

The main point of this post was for me to not forget and I would love everyone who has ideas to expand and improve this concept to post them 

19 hours ago, Wolfie6252 said:

The main point of this post was for me to not forget and I would love everyone who has ideas to expand and improve this concept to post them 

Except the idea in the original post would create hundreds and hundreds of key variations that DE would have to now hold in player inventory, as each different selection of 4 relics used for the key would result in a unique item. DE is never going to do this, as it is effectively on par with the same space as the riven system we have now. If you limit the number of built keys you can have it still breaks up the playerbase from fissure runs and makes relic shares more complex, as only key-bearers would be able to join you, and it means to be effective youd all have to work in advance together to built the correct matching keys. Likewise, your idea has no benefit outside of choosing the location you play the fissures on and having guaranteed availability for that mission type, and it removes the benefit of being able to continue beyond 4 rewards and the tiered bonus system. It would instead be better for DE to reconsider adding fissures to all void nodes, or just making it be a random occurance with higher chances on endless nodes. You'd get the same exact effect without a complex mechanic for building custom keys, the required storage of all the unique variations of built keys, and the playerbase would not be as fragmented.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

3 hours ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Except the idea in the original post would create hundreds and hundreds of key variations that DE would have to now hold in player inventory, as each different selection of 4 relics used for the key would result in a unique item. DE is never going to do this, as it is effectively on par with the same space as the riven system we have now. If you limit the number of built keys you can have it still breaks up the playerbase from fissure runs and makes relic shares more complex, as only key-bearers would be able to join you, and it means to be effective youd all have to work in advance together to built the correct matching keys. Likewise, your idea has no benefit outside of choosing the location you play the fissures on and having guaranteed availability for that mission type, and it removes the benefit of being able to continue beyond 4 rewards and the tiered bonus system. It would instead be better for DE to reconsider adding fissures to all void nodes, or just making it be a random occurance with higher chances on endless nodes. You'd get the same exact effect without a complex mechanic for building custom keys, the required storage of all the unique variations of built keys, and the playerbase would not be as fragmented.

Good point