Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

EARTH Day/Night cycles are killing me

Damocles

So every time I log in when it's convenient I notice that due to the stupid 4 hour cycles of earth (I don't even know cetus' time), I'M NEVER ABLE TO SCAN THE MOONLIGHT DRAGON LILLY. I wanted to try out the Eidolon hunts but IT'S ALWAYS DAY CETUS OR 10 MINUTES FROM DAY TIME. I recently just wasted 30 minutes trying to do an incursion for a riven only to find NIGHT has just started and incursions only appear in DAY time exclusively. WTF DE!?! REMOVE THIS CRAP. Either let players choose the time cycle to play or remove the exclusivity of the day night cycle. I swear it was an issue at launch when lures insta troll you near sunrise and you capped the eidolon right when the useless contradictory warning form onkko appears. NOW I'M SO FRUSTRATED WITH THESE DAY/NIGHT CYCLES AS THESE NEW RIVENS FORCE ME TO PLAY PLAINS. It's bad practice to create dependencies between working features and newly introduced ones, SO STOP THIS!!! BTW, I hope DE will stop using their dev hacks to by-pass these issues they personally don't deal with during testing; because if you used a dev-hack to do something, it's probably flawed/broken.

Paragraphs would have made that easier to read but general gist is:

The day/night cycles are getting in the way of me trying to get the new ARCANES (rivens are not on the plains) etc.

In all honesty I do actually agree with the OP, I don't like the fact I can only go after eidolons at night. 

I'd like a way to access the eidolons, even if it's just via bounties, all the time instead of just for 50 mins every 3 hours give or take... why because they're the only thing on the plains that give even a modicum of challenge to a higher level player.   You can leave the time restriction of 50 mins on the bounty but just make it so we can get access to it all the time rather than the current system that does nothing but annoy those of us who can't get on at the exact time it turns night time. 

The current 'time restricted' approach just isn't really suitable for a game which is accessible 24/7 imo. 

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Paragraphs would have made that easier to read but general gist is:

The day/night cycles are getting in the way of me trying to get the new ARCANES (rivens are not on the plains) etc.

In all honesty I do actually agree with the OP, I don't like the fact I can only go after eidolons at night. 

I'd like a way to access the eidolons, even if it's just via bounties, all the time instead of just for 50 mins every 3 hours give or take... why because they're the only thing on the plains that give even a modicum of challenge to a higher level player.   You can leave the time restriction of 50 mins on the bounty but just make it so we can get access to it all the time rather than the current system that does nothing but annoy those of us who can't get on at the exact time it turns night time. 

The current 'time restricted' approach just isn't really suitable for a game which is accessible 24/7 imo. 

No Rivens don't drop on the plains, but some riven challenges do send you to the plains and a specific Eidolon can drop a riven transmutation item. 

1 minute ago, Badgriuel said:

No Rivens don't drop on the plains, but some riven challenges do send you to the plains and a specific Eidolon can drop a riven transmutation item. 

See this is where paragraphs etc would have made the OP's block of text a lot easier to understand.... so it was a riven challenge issue not actually going after the eidolons...

The Cetus/PoE day/night cycle is OK because of how short it is.  If you play for an hour, you'll almost always get both day and night for a bit of it.  

I agree with the OP that the day/night cycle for the Earth tilesets needs to be adjusted.  With the 4 hour day/night cycle, if you can only get on at a set time during the day, it's going to be the same point in the day/night cycle every day.  They need to adjust it so that the tiles are at a different point in the day/night cycle every 24 hours.  

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13

2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Where the hell are you getting 3 hours from!? The ENTIRE cycle takes 2.5 hours, it's 100 Minutes for day (1 Hour and 40 Minutes) and 50 Minutes for night, totaling 2 and a half hours.

Now for the OP, there are quite a few places you can go to keep an eye on what time of day it is on earth and cetus. Deathsnacks, Warframe Hub, hell, there's a site DEDICATED TO CETUS DAY/NIGHT TIMES!
The Day Night cycle is fine, and has been on Earth since it's tileset released. It's barely been changed other than making the times shorter. That's fine on Earth because you just run missions there (FYI, it's 4 hours a piece for each cycle on Earth), but it's not viable on Cetus as you wouldn't be able to farm very easily.

It's even better on the plains because of the idea of Fish, and making it feel more open world like. There is NOTHING wrong with mixing 2 elements in a game. It causes the game to be more intertwined and connected. All I hear is "Wha! You're making me use/utilise features of this game!". I hear this far too often. Complaints there isn't enough content or the right thing, but complaints if you have to use any piece of content you don't even touch.
If you don't like features like that, I'd recommend staying away from MMO and MMO-Lite games, such as Warframe.

Edited by Stormandreas

6 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Where the hell are you getting 3 hours from!? The ENTIRE cycle takes 2.5 hours, it's 100 Minutes for day (1 Hour and 40 Minutes) and 50 Minutes for night, totaling 2 and a half hours.

I couldn't be bothered to go double check the times....so 3 hours give or take was close enough. 

And even if you change it to 2.5 hours like you say it still is only 50 mins every 2.5 hours....

Edited by LSG501

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I couldn't be bothered to go double check the times....so 3 hours give or take was close enough. 

And even if you change it to 2.5 hours like you say it still is only 50 mins every 2.5 hours....

It's 50 minutes every 1 hour and 40 mins. It's not a long time to wait and there's plenty of other things to do during that time

24 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

It's 50 minutes every 1 hour and 40 mins. It's not a long time to wait and there's plenty of other things to do during that time

you're misunderstanding it or maybe I needed to simplify what I have written further....  lets try this....In every 2.5 hours there will be 50 mins of night time or as I put it down 50 mins every 3 hours (later corrected to 2.5 hours).  I included the night duration in my total time, while you are not.