Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More prominent Rift effect

Recel

I recently finally decided to do the Limbo quest and build him. Playing around with Limbo is rather fun, but there is one issue that bothers me greatly. That little black effect that shows that someone is in the rift.

I don't run with a Cataclysm/Stasis build, but instead a minimum duration Banish/Rift Surge build, unless I'm doing some sort of defense/interception mission.
The point would be to pull in a group of mobs into the rift for a short time than both CC them and keep them there with Rift Surge while also pulling in more unfortunate mobs that happen to be nearby when the surge goes off. Or let them get edjected or manualy throw them out if I can't handle them or don't want them in the rift anymore.

But with the amount of mobs around, and how easily obstructed and often hard to see the rifts effect can get, it often becomes difficult to see just who is in the rift with me. This issue is exegerated by Banish getting obstructed by obstacles, only pulling in a select few from a ball of mobs, and Rift Surge spreading to mobs outside the rift adding to the confusion of who is on what plain in the engadgement.

If the rifts effect would be something similar to that of enemies from Void rifts, it would both help me and my team by giving a clear visual indication of who is on what plane during the fights.

I know that Cataclysm builds don't have this issue, as the range of Cataclysm clearly shows where the normal plain ends and the rift begins. But with the amount of visual clutter in the game, without Cataclysm, it becomes yet another thing on the pile of effects thrown around you have to keep your eyes on.

I would like to second this.  As a long-time fan of Limbo and someone who plays Limbo a lot, it can often be difficult -- especially mid-combat -- to visually tell what's in the rift and what isn't.

Someone in another thread suggested a Mirage-hall-of-mirrors style effect.  Something that makes enemies appear out-of-phase, flickery and immaterial when they're on "the other side" compared to the viewer.  So you're in the rift, the enemy isn't, they're faded and hazy.  You're not in the rift, the enemy is, same sort of thing.  That way you can tell AT A GLANCE that something is out of phase with you and you can move on.

43 minutes ago, Blade_Wolf_16 said:

+1 for the feedback, and +1 because you're the first person I see who uses something else than CataStasis Limbo or simply Cata nukes (low lvl, but sometimes HL too. Maybe they don't know about the nerf post-rework).

It's a fun build, and better for mobility as you can create your rift "closet" anywhere you want to or need to. And the short duration helps the team, because there are no mobs stuck in the rift for more than roughly eight seconds, unless you decide you want to keep them there with Surge. Plus you use stasis more as a panic button rather than a mandatory CC, and since you have better control over which team mates are in the rift it won't get on their nerves as much as with a Cataclysm build.