The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Spectral Scream work like Beam weapons.

Buzkyl

On 2/22/2018 at 11:51 PM, Jinryusai said:

I say why not be overpowered, considering you completely drop your primary to use it in the first place jus like landslide. It seems fitting.

Why not be overpowered when you drop your weapon and use a massive amount of energy to maintain a short range ability?

6 hours ago, BigPapiPimp said:

(snip)

While it's true that the range isn't impressive without mods they do need to balance it. If the ability takes on beam weapon mechanics and can include crit stats then it can be really high damaging with the right mods but it shouldn't have insane range. Alternatively if it has great range it shouldn't have overwhelming damage.  Balancing the ability will be important. There was another thread suggesting that as the ability continues the "beam" gets concentrated, narrowing and lengthening.  Perhaps this could scale damage/punchthrough?

10 hours ago, SixDimensions said:

While it's true that the range isn't impressive without mods they do need to balance it. If the ability takes on beam weapon mechanics and can include crit stats then it can be really high damaging with the right mods but it shouldn't have insane range. Alternatively if it has great range it shouldn't have overwhelming damage.  Balancing the ability will be important. There was another thread suggesting that as the ability continues the "beam" gets concentrated, narrowing and lengthening.  Perhaps this could scale damage/punchthrough?

As cool as that idea sounds, probably cooler then mine, I like his 1 kinda of being a shot gun, and I’m holding out for him to spit individual laser bursts with his 1, as an opticor, when he:

• activates his 1

• every 5 seconds while channeled

I’d like this to make his current augment obsolete, maybe changing it into an effect like mesa’s 1, but just for his scream.

Maybe if DE feels generous, the augement could also make his 1 scale like embers 4, but instead of losing range, it could extend.

this would let him kind of snipe, while keeping his up close and personal dps.

Edited by BigPapiPimp

Just make Chroma's 1 work like an exalted ability, and scale off weapon mods. It would use beam mechanics, and only fire when you use the trigger, using energy, being functionally identical to an ignis like Artemis Bow. I mean, it does disable weapon use so why not let it be a weapon?

Can imagine the stats being maybe 40% status, 10% crit, 1.5x crit multi 50 base damage, fire rate of 10 per second, consuming 0.5 energy per tick. Of course these are just speculative numbers.

The Augment can be rolled up as a secondary fire for long range, and a new augment can be thought of.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

Just make Chroma's 1 work like an exalted ability, and scale off weapon mods. It would use beam mechanics, and only fire when you use the trigger, using energy, being functionally identical to an ignis like Artemis Bow. I mean, it does disable weapon use so why not let it be a weapon?

Can imagine the stats being maybe 40% status, 10% crit, 1.5x crit multi 50 base damage, fire rate of 10 per second, consuming 0.5 energy per tick. Of course these are just speculative numbers.

The Augment can be rolled up as a secondary fire for long range, and a new augment can be thought of.

Oh S#&$, what if the augment ramped up the laser beam production?

like 1st its every 5 seconds, then its ever 4, then 3, then 2... until you’re just non stop dragging a laser around like some shonin villain. Cutting up the world like you were mining on the plains.

Edited by BigPapiPimp