The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chance This Event Will Fail? Pretty High I Think.

Mikki79

No personal reward so most people won't do much. That's just the way it works I'm afraid.

Unless they've taken that into account that is.

btw this has nothing to do with progress completed so far, just that it's the 1st event I believe that gives no reward.

Edited by Mikki79

I kinda see the OP's point, I mean, farm for components (with spy being the most annoying mission type imo, data masses spread out pretty far), then run a ~5 minute mission, for 1 point. If we succeed, we get a new tileset (breaks the tie between grineer and corpus for most tilesets in the grineer's favor) AND unlocks new units for the grineer (because they already have the most, so CLEARLY they need more), AND then unlock new tilesets... to farm for a weapon... and nothing else.

I can see why they might expand the grineer first, get one faction at a time beefed up and fleshed out with units, and tilesets, then move onto another. But honestly, the reward kinda sucks :P (assuming the new tilesets have average drop rates for mats, and don't have any bonus BUT the new weapon/enemies)

edit: Oh, and we get  a holographic badge.. That's ok, but it's not much of a reward, especially when it only requires one run, it's not enough to motivate people.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I kinda see the OP's point, I mean, farm for components (with spy being the most annoying mission type imo, data masses spread out pretty far), then run a ~5 minute mission, for 1 point. If we succeed, we get a new tileset (breaks the tie between grineer and corpus for most tilesets in the grineer's favor) AND unlocks new units for the grineer (because they already have the most, so CLEARLY they need more), AND then unlock new tilesets... to farm for a weapon... and nothing else.

I can see why they might expand the grineer first, get one faction at a time beefed up and fleshed out with units, and tilesets, then move onto another. But honestly, the reward kinda sucks :P (assuming the new tilesets have average drop rates for mats, and don't have any bonus BUT the new weapon/enemies)

Run with 4 people and u get 4 points just saying...

Run with 4 people and u get 4 points just saying...

...I don't see the point of this. My point was that there isn't much motivation to run it, not "OMG so hard to earn points for the event!".

The rewards suck really.

edit: 4 per tenno, or 4 total? 4 per tenno is better, but still, no reason to encourage more people to run it, unless they REALLY have missed out on their daily/weekly grind.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Honestly there is no real reward. The reward for running the "void" run is terrible to begin with.... maybe if you got SOME kinda loot off it it would be enough of a reason for more people to try but I can honestly see people running one and then never again

actually there is a personal reward, the blueprints for the sawblade gun are in the grineer settlements so...if we cant get the settlement now, no idea when we`ll get the blueprint

That's a reward we get without doing anything, just relying on other people to do something. Which everyone else is gonna do as well, hope that someone else completes the event for us.

Can only hope that the clans competing for the statues will be enough to complete the event cause they are the only ones who are gonna do anything.

Edited by Mikki79

That's not much of a reward... being forced to farm for a weapon? Oh boy! Because THAT'S new.

odd, when they gave frost prime blueprints everyone did it, but they were still forced to farm for the frost prime helmet, systems and chassis...

so...wheres the logic?

You know those clans with OVER 9000 members that will want that statue more than anything, and make useless threads trying to recruit players because the other big clan has 1 more point then them.

Maybeeee.. maybe the event will succeed. but still..