Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Small Steam Convo About The New Transmute System.

SoulEchelon

SoulEchelon: seems there's a new Transmute option
beatree: Wuuuut
SoulEchelon: put 4 mods in that aren't fused, get a new one :o
beatree: Whur
SoulEchelon: mod inventory screen
SoulEchelon: kinda costly, 12k
SoulEchelon: prolly varies
beatree: That is way too much
beatree: Is it based on rarity?
SoulEchelon: dunno, prolly
beatree: It gets higher cost with more rarity :I
SoulEchelon: Did it twice, both times got warframe mods I don't need x3
SoulEchelon: ah
beatree: WOW
beatree: OKAY
beatree: IT COSTS MORE
beatree: IT TAKES 4 RARES
beatree: BUT
beatree: IT GIVES YOU A COMMON
beatree: F*** this system
beatree: F*** it in the &#!.
SoulEchelon: lmao wut
beatree: Biggest waste of 50,000credits ever
SoulEchelon: I think iit said it's supposed to give the same type of rarity or somethin
SoulEchelon: lemme check the forum real quick
beatree: It didn't
SoulEchelon: Mod Transmutator – Combine 4 mods to produce 1 random mod. Combining mods of similar polarity, rarity, or compatibility will influence the result.
SoulEchelon: kinda vague.
beatree: If it had no or a super-low cost it'd be great
beatree: But otherwise it's like a slot machine that takes 30 bucks to pull the lever on
beatree: Nobody is going to want to play it unless they have a huge pool of $

SoulEchelon: Yeah I agree.

------------------------------------

Anyone else's thoughts on this? Yeah it's a brand new system, so they'll iron out the kinks eventually, and it is definitely a good money sink...but at the moment, it doesn't seem very viable.

It needs to give at least the same rarity or better.

4 Uncommons = Uncommon or Better.

4 Rares = Rare.

Combining 4 rares should not give you Common/Uncommon.

I can understand why people would complain, especially if you have to spend credits to do this.

The system is a nice idea, but it needs tweaks.

I ain't wasting no uncommon/rare mods on this until it is fixed. I'm sad for the people who have wasted their mods, but at least we know now to only do this with common mods.

yeah tried a few transmutes and got nothing but commons.

I see no reason to use this as I can get common cards just fine from missions that also give me credits.

yet again another good idea implemented about as wrong as possible then multiplied by a stupid factor of 1000.

Also, combining commons should always give at least uncommon.

Why spend 12k creds when I can get a Common anywhere in droves?

I've got 20, 30+ of some of these common mods because I don't have the credits to dump em all.

I agree with all the posts so far.

This is definitely a great system on paper, but needs to be worked on. My idea is basically what everyone else has stated.

4 Commons = 1 Uncommon. 4 Uncommon = 1 Rare, etc.

If all the mods sacrificed are of the same polarity, the new mod should be said polarity as well.

If all the mods sacrificed are of the same type (Primary, Secondary, Warframe, etc), the new mod should be for that same type as well.

This formula would make its large price tag at least a little more bearable.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I agree with all the posts so far.

This is definitely a great system on paper, but needs to be worked on. My idea is basically what everyone else has stated.

4 Commons = 1 Uncommon. 4 Uncommon = 1 Rare, etc.

If all the mods sacrificed are of the same polarity, the new mod should be said polarity as well.

If all the mods sacrificed are of the same type (Primary, Secondary, Warframe, etc), the new mod should be for that same type as well.

This formula would make its large price tag at least a little more bearable.

IMO:

4 Commons = Uncommon

4 Uncommons = 60% Uncommon, 40% Rare

4 Rares = Rare

4x Polarity = 100% Same Polarity (but never Warframe Power; if you use Warframe Powers it gives you another random Polarity)

3x Polarity = 75% Same Polarity

2x Polarity = 50% Same Polarity

All Four Different Polarities = Random Polarity (can be anything, even one not selected)

And do something similar for type (Warframe, Sentinel, Primary, etc).

Edited by Xylia

I don't see the point to this system at all, even if they made logical changes such as 4x common = uncommon.

What's the point after all. Say you had 1 of each mod anyways it would just be better to use the rest to fuse up?!

240 hours played.

I am still missing....

Focus (huge, huge important)

Master Thief (I'd like to have one for a farming set up)

Handspring

Sanctuary

And there's at least one or two more non-Nightmare mods I'm still missing.

Oh, and I got my very first Reach just today. And it isn't even Rare!

But yeah, FOCUS.

I'm still missing Focus, because the game refuses to give it to me. Got 8 Flows to drop, 6 Hell's Chambers, but no Focus.

Edited by Xylia

-Concepts-

Good idea.

Maybe have mod type work the same way as polarity with:

100% for 4 of a kind

75% for 3 of a kind

And so on.

It may not be the best system, but it's better than completely leaving it up to the whim of an unbound RNG.

I don't see the point to this system at all, even if they made logical changes such as 4x common = uncommon.

What's the point after all. Say you had 1 of each mod anyways it would just be better to use the rest to fuse up?!

It's there if you need a mod which currently isn't in your set, usually because the RNG is being spiteful.

It's not for ranking old mods, just for getting new ones.

Just combined 3 Rare Warframe powers from warframes i didn't use and a uncommon warframe power, payed 30k, Got a COMMON warframe power for an Warframe i don't have or want.

If i had sold these mods i would have 3-4k i just lost 4 mods, 30k and got nothing in return.... yeah, i'm pissed.

i will not use this transmute option ever again. I don't want to be playing slots with my stuff.

Why ins't transmutation lab a Dojo option? We have a bunch of Labs to develope unique weapons but any Tenno out there can simply Transmure mods? T'hell is the logic in that?

Since we work with 4 mods for transmute here i think it should influence the average of what i'm disposing off.

So, Each mod i put in gives me a 20% chance of getting something of that same type and level, and 5% chance of getting something better,

so if i add 4 Rare warframe mods for example i have 80% chance of getting something new of the same type (Rare Warframe Mod) or maybe something better (Why not a Rare or Uncommon Fusion core?) 

Right now, as it is, this is a complete random gamble with very little if any payoff... usable only if you have absolutely disposable incommon, more mods thant you know what to do with and would like to get something that you might not even want or can use in return.

Right now... for most players... transmute is completely useless.

Edited by Bells

Good idea.

Maybe have mod type work the same way as polarity with:

100% for 4 of a kind

75% for 3 of a kind

And so on.

It may not be the best system, but it's better than completely leaving it up to the whim of an unbound RNG.

It's there if you need a mod which currently isn't in your set, usually because the RNG is being spiteful.

It's not for ranking old mods, just for getting new ones.

LOL! THAT IS A COMPLETE LIE! If anything transmutator is here for trolling your mods and credits. If what you say is true I would have gotten Sanctuary or Retribution some 8 Wildfires, 4 Avalanches and 400k worth of Commons and Uncommons ago.