Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggest Game Mechanism to help junior player join in

Varicella

Two issues for a mature online game: one is to help new/junior player join in; another one is to create more challenges for veteran player.

My suggestion is change the number player can die in one game. We can refer this number with mastery level.

Fox example, level 0-10 player can die 10 times per game. Because they are not familiar with this game, and highly probably has no team member. This could help more junior player join in and not depressed not able to go further planet.

While for high level player, like >20, we can allow them only 1 life per game. It means high level player face higher challenge, need be more focus during the game and require more team work (other player still could revive them). Then the game for high level is not just a “boring process”, not only for the reward.

Of course, the reward player can get shall also change between different level player. Now when you are higher than 14 level, the difference is not big. Player can use most of weapon/devices, and the money/resource/standing they get from one game almost has no difference. I suggest also change that.

Edited by Varicella

This is complete artificial difficulty: as a veteren player I tend to take risks to keep things entertaining, I use weaker weapons, weaker frames and more fun combos because I have the mods and experience to allow me to. If I am penalised for this, along with anyone else who doesn't just use the best combo per mission type then the game loses its fun factor and favours bullS#&$ metas.

This is not a good idea.

As Orthelius stated above, it's nothing more than artificial difficulty, it doesn't make the game any more appealing for new players and doesn't make it any more challenging for older players.
Be it 1 or 100 revives, that's not the issue here,
if anything it only means that weaker frames are going to see a massive drop in pick rate due to players not being able to forgive themselves an unfair insta-death from 40 meters away from a high level shotgun enemy.
This would technically kill the game more than it would benefit it.

There's many things that could benefit the game's difficulty rating, but revive amounts is not one of them.

@Whooohooo

That is normal for veteran player, I understand. That's why I also suggest the number high level player can die in one game. 5 is actually too many for 24 level guy. No risk at all. 

However, when I join this game and try to explore planet, I never feel like that. Some boss/resource/task are actually hard for junior player. No mod, no good weapon, no team.