Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons should be changed a bit

frostyhobo

The big problems currently with the eidos are 
- not so diverse groups 
- lure mechanics 
- timed damage phases
- attacks get old very quickly 

So a large suggestion that I would like to make is to offer an even harder eido challenge that requires 8 players to take down. This fourth eido fight should be focused around these points
- allow tank and support frames to keep DPS alive during high damage moments (perhaps there are energy rifts that pulse out energy to allow for recasting of healing powers)
- implement the option to attack from the sky with an archwing (this could be accomplished simply by having dedicated operator players, so the archwing people dont have to leave them)
- don't use lures here other than to keep the vomos under control 
- make majority of attacks not one shot kill powers, however have a few one shot powers that the tanks and supports work together to keep everyone alive as mentioned above
- let there be something people can be doing during the entire encounter such as carrying an object that does something (like a shield that protects from a AOE one shot power)

These would allow for a much more diverse squad (especially having an item that is used over a power to protect you team) as well as more options as to how a team could kill this beast. 

1 minute ago, Drasiel said:

You can't really have "tanks" protect something in warframe we have no "hate control" meaning we can't draw fire to us away from our allies. Sounds like you want to play a WoW raid.

I was alluding to something that could be picked up or done to cause aggro to that person, and secondly go look up guardian derision on the wiki, its a taunting mod for melee weapons, really fun and works well for protecting squishy damage characters. 

2 minutes ago, frostyhobo said:

I was alluding to something that could be picked up or done to cause aggro to that person, and secondly go look up guardian derision on the wiki, its a taunting mod for melee weapons, really fun and works well for protecting squishy damage characters. 

that mod has a static range of 15m and only works while blocking, meaning you can't use your guns at all. Not exactly highly functionally in the game and especially not in the plains.

1 minute ago, Drasiel said:

that mod has a static range of 15m and only works while blocking, meaning you can't use your guns at all. Not exactly highly functionally in the game and especially not in the plains.

I simply noted that to say that the "taunt" mechanic is already in the game. Atlas' rumblers can also become a large taunting one with an augment. I was simply saying that if DE wanted to add something like that then they very well could.