Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate Plains of eidolon now.

elitharcos

Although I personally never had issues since I was lucky enough to find veterans willing to welcome me in as Trinity, I do empathize for the new hunters who are struggling. Once I finish Focus, which should take me about 8-10 more nights (about one real-life week's worth of gaming), I'm actually planning to start occasionally hosting noob-friendly hunts.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:01 PM, ZackOak said:

Not for nothing, but the bitter, bitter irony of a raid player complaining about the meta of eidolon hunts can actually be seen if you squint hard enough.

At least in raids, every frame could prove useful. I should know, because I actually did it with every frame.

With eidolons, nobody strays from Chroma/Volt/Harrow/Trin/Oberon at all.

And yes, while Ivara, Limbo, Rhino, Valkyr, Gara, Titania and Nyx can be effective, no party is willing to deviate from the meta at all.

Sure, with raids there were a few bad apples that did the same thing. However, with every one person that was doing that, there were at least 2-3 people holding open raids. I know because that’s what I did.

I held raids with the most inconceivable teamcomps yet I was able to pull through most of the time. I had a regular group that would meet up with me every night, and we had a grand time.

Now, they’re all gone because they uninstalled. I’m here doing the sorties and logging off until there is something worthwhile to do.

I have a question on the Volt portion... 

I know I am supposed to provides shields, but lately many are taking out the Eidolons' shields and limbs with one or two shots before I have the opportunity to drop energy and place up a shield.At times it gets to the point where I am simply gathering the lures and avoiding death. In that dynamic, is there another way I can assist with Volt?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Tygerin75 said:

I have a question on the Volt portion... 

I know I am supposed to provides shields, but lately many are taking out the Eidolons' shields and limbs with one or two shots before I have the opportunity to drop energy and place up a shield.At times it gets to the point where I am simply gathering the lures and avoiding death. In that dynamic, is there another way I can assist with Volt?

No. That’s volt’s only purpose in an eidolon hunt.