Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested areas needs scarier sounds

VarianStark

The music could use improvement for the areas where the infested are but I think that making a really eerie area by adding scarier sounds in the infested areas could up its scariness. Sure we hear the occasional grunts and screams from some infested, we even hear the Juggernaut makes its presence known. To add to the scary sounds/feeling in the game I think if we should occasionally hear the infested feeding. Crunching/blood splashing and all that gory stuff.  Hive missions make it seem like the entire ship is alive when its hives are destroyed. I think if we let the ship keep moaning or screaming it could help the game feel a bit scarier. 

I was hoping, before I got to Eris, that the Infested planet would be kind of Dead Space-y. It sort of is, but because there are so many Infested coming at you at once and all of them make their own individual sounds, the Infested Ship tileset is always rather noisy and frenetic rather than creepy and dread-inducing. I don't know if a different audio mix would help the situation there, but the modelers did do a fantastic job making the tileset look half-alive and overrun (so it's at least visually horrifying).

I'd rather Eris move more towards the gross than the scary.

Popping a tumor node should belch out a hose of pus that glops and slorches and burbles. In the pool of goop, you should see the shapes of fetal crawlers and maggots wail surge through accelerated gestation before dissolving into a puddle and seeping back into the floor.

Opening a door should sound like a dull bone knife sawing through charred meat. Reactor chambers in the middle of infested conversion should occasionally have massive valves flap open and emit vile bursts of brown wind. Through windows you should see one room of the ship attempt to eat another room, sounding like moist but toothless gums trying to chew on crackers.

Animal bodies have so much disgusting stuff going on especially when they are diseased, it would be a shame not to scale it up and make use of it.