Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What mod should I switch out of my Tenora for this riven?

Lulaloo

Question

I recently acquired a new riven for my tenora, but I'm not quite sure what mod I should switch it for from my build. This is the first time I'm ever actually using a riven so it's kinda weird for me. Or maybe someone could suggest anotherbuild that can better adjust the riven

GhkOT2U.jpg

ZbIjBQB.jpg

11 answers to this question

Switch out bladed rounds as it is an inconsistent source of crit damage that your riven somewhat makes up for (in fact if you take that out for the Riven, the greater crit chance makes up for the 9% loss of crit damage ... and it works even when not aiming). I'd suggest primed shred instead of speed trigger, or just the base shred, if fire rate is a problem.

If you do not mind, mod for Viral instead and use hunter munitions instead of speed trigger. Swap bladed rounds anyway for the Riven. Bladed rounds is comparable to Vigilante Armaments in terms of damage output anyway, so I'd put that instead as it works without ADS and is always active.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Switch out bladed rounds as it is an inconsistent source of crit damage that your riven somewhat makes up for. I'd suggest primed shred instead of speed trigger, or just the base shred, if fire rate is a problem.

If you do not mind, mod for Viral instead and use hunter munitions instead of speed trigger. Swap bladed rounds anyway for the Riven.

Awesome reply! Thanks a lot. I'll look into it, I used speed trigger instead of shred because I was 1 drain point shy of it fitting. But I'm gonna forma it again so everything should fit in nicely.

Oh ya I didn't take note of your capacity. Apologies for that.

You should need 2 more formas, unless you do not mind swapping out one of the elemental for a dual stat.

13 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

You should need 2 more formas, unless you do not mind swapping out one of the elemental for a dual stat.

2? He'll need one D polarity for the riven. He's replacing a 9 cap mod and half a riven capacity is 9 too.

1 minute ago, Praxxor said:

2? He'll need one D polarity for the riven. He's replacing a 9 cap mod and half a riven capacity is 9 too.

If he is swapping speed trigger for Primed shred he'd need a second forma unless he drops infected clip for malignant force.

Edited by Guest

22 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

If he is going to build Viral + HM, then he should be using Dual Stat elementals anyway.

That way you get more Viral procs, and the reduction in elemental damage won't affect your slash proc damage.

Swap Bladed Rounds out, since even if it wasn't outclassed by your Riven, there are plenty of non-Riven mods that amp damage more consistently, like Heavy Caliber, Vigilante Armaments, or Hunter Munitions.

Also, you might want to consider swapping your pure elemental damage mods for a pair of damage/status chance mods, because the additional proc chance will help keep your weapon relevant longer than just stacking more damage, especially considering that adding your Riven to the build both guarantees yellow crits and improves them. Should help with mod point costs, too.

I don't really have anything against Speed Trigger in this build, but you could definitely experiment with Shred/Primed Shred.

Edited by Dreddeth

6 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If he is going to build Viral + HM, then he should be using Dual Stat elementals anyway.

That way you get more Viral procs, and the reduction in elemental damage won't affect your slash proc damage.

The - Polarity he used for the Stormbringer won't go away and HM is a Madurai mod last I heard...

But I guess he can live with it if he does use a cold dual stat mod. In that case he would only need to forma D for the Riven and not need the second forma.

Also I was taking into account that he might want to keep the corrosive damage build, which will need a second forma unless he keeps speed trigger over shred.

Edited by Guest

22 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

22 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

22 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Sorry to bother you guys again, so according to what I've heard here. This is the build I've developed so far.

rbhRlSA.jpg

I don't have dual stats for cold but I can maybe try and get it if it's absolutely necessary, but I've built viral, put the shred in and the riven, you guys recommended Hunter's Munition but I have no idea where to fit it in, any suggestions? Or is it fine as it is. 

Edited by Lulaloo

If you aren't using HM actually you would still go for corrosive like your old build as it's more consistent that way.

With HM, you would need to take out Shred for it and slot 2x Dual Stat mods for cold and toxin in place of your current elementals.

BTW, the cold dual stat mods drop from spy if I am not wrong, so farming for it will get it in no time.

2 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

If you aren't using HM actually you would still go for corrosive like your old build as it's more consistent that way.

With HM, you would need to take out Shred for it and slot 2x Dual Stat mods for cold and toxin in place of your current elementals.

BTW, the cold dual stat mods drop from spy if I am not wrong, so farming for it will get it in no time.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. I'll make both builds and experiment and see which one I like better.