Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Should I Start Upgrading My Mods With Endo?

Vanch333

Question

I'm only level 1 Mastery right now, so I'm new to the game.  I've got around 150 Endo and was just wondering when I should start upgrading my Mods.  Should I wait until higher levels before spending Endo on upgrading Mods, or should I just do it now?  Obviously I don't have the best Mods at the moment, so I'm not sure if I should spend my Endo on them or just save up.

If I should save up my Endo, when exactly will I know is the right time to start upgrading my Mods?  Is there a certain Mod rarity I should only spend Endo on?  I'm guessing I shouldn't just spend Endo on upgrading bronze rarity Mods.

Thanks.

10 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Vanch333 said:

I'm only level 1 Mastery right now, so I'm new to the game.  I've got around 150 Endo and was just wondering when I should start upgrading my Mods.  Should I wait until higher levels before spending Endo on upgrading Mods, or should I just do it now?  Obviously I don't have the best Mods at the moment, so I'm not sure if I should spend my Endo on them or just save up.

If I should save up my Endo, when exactly will I know is the right time to start upgrading my Mods?  Is there a certain Mod rarity I should only spend Endo on?  I'm guessing I shouldn't just spend Endo on upgrading bronze rarity Mods.

Thanks.

whenever you need to use the mod, upgrade it

some mods you will never use, so no need to waste your endo on them

You should level up mod that you will always use in most situation.

Like survivability mod Vitality or redirection (only useful in lower mission)

Damage mod like Serration, Hornet Strike and pressure point.

Important!!!  Do not level up damage mod, those with crack on its picture. 

I take it Endo is easy to come by then if I can just spend it right now on mods?

Also, I clicked 'Show Duplicates' in my Mod section, and I've got 3 of exactly the same Mod.  Only 2 of them are stacked together though, and the other is just on its own, even though they're exactly the same.  Is there a reason for this?  They're +40% shield capacity Mods called 'Redirection'.

I looked at them over and over, and can't see any difference whatsoever, so technically they should all be stacked together.  The only thing I can think is that they only stack to a max of 2, which would explain it, although I don't know if that's correct.

Edited by Vanch333

35 minutes ago, Vanch333 said:

I take it Endo is easy to come by then if I can just spend it right now on mods?

Also, I clicked 'Show Duplicates' in my Mod section, and I've got 3 of exactly the same Mod.  Only 2 of them are stacked together though, and the other is just on its own, even though they're exactly the same.  Is there a reason for this?  They're +40% shield capacity Mods called 'Redirection'.

The one that's shown on its own is most likely the one equipped to your Frame.

Also, yes, Endo is VERY easy to come by. There are quite a few ways to get it.

Edited by KirukaChan

Mod "rarity" is all over the place (+440% health? Bronze. +10% holster speed? GOLD), so focus on what's going to be useful for a long time. I'd say go with Vitality first, since it's basically a requirement on every frame, then Steel Fiber and Redirection. For weapons, focus on Serration and Pressure Point and Hornet Strike, since those are also required mods no matter what weapon you want to use. Never blow through all your endo on one mod; their cost scaling is broken as most of the game.

Just a quick unrelated question so I don't make a totally new thread... What's the best post 'Reaction' to select if somebody has been helpful?  I gave all you guys 'Likes' but wasn't sure.  Not even sure if it makes a difference, but there's 'Upvote' etc. as well.

1st -Health shields armor

2nd- Serration, point blank,  hornet strike and Pressure Point

then start farming out the status mods and run orokin Vault missions until you get your Narrominded, Overextended, Blind Rage and Fleeting Expertise.

I forget hen you you get the keys to do the Vault run check the wiki.

By then you should have a good handle on what you are doing.

Have fun !