Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR17 test help.

BloodForCavalero

Question

Good afternoon. 

The other day, I reported a number of bugs I've encountered in practicing the MR17 test. A limited time mission, where you must kill 30 targets while finding orbs to give you more time.

This report included not being able to reach the first orb, due to an insanely fast/bugged out timer. Titania becoming stuck in walls and floors. Ivara falling off her dashwire for no reason.

If anyone remembers completing this test, I would love suggestions in completing it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

:redveil:

7 answers to this question

I've just done it a couple days ago, not even a week. Brought Valkyr P for no special reason, really, just that I main her.

The key with the test is to go searching for the orbs so you get more time, and if an enemy crosses you, it's then that you attack. Don't go wanting to get it done at the very first 10 seconds because it will only waste your precious and little time. Just hunt those orbs till you got something like 30 or so seconds accumulated, and then go ham on the killing.

Also, if you see your timer drop below 15 secs, whenever it happens, then go hunting for the orbs again (unless you only have 1 or 2 enemies to go).

Should be easy that way and get you through it in the first go. But, just in case, practice it 1 or 2 times first so you get the gist of the timer and the killing.

Happy hunting Tenno :)

I cheesed using Ember Prime pre nerf.

Hopefully Equinox works, or any non line of sight nuker frame with high enough damage to one shot the enemies so you can focus on finding orbs.

Gunblades can break the orbs from range (at least when I did it), so Sarpa or Redeemer is recommended (dunno if it's patched out or still there. In the same vein glaive is an option)

Edited by Guest

10 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I cheesed using Ember Prime pre nerf.

Hopefully Equinox works, or any non line of sight nuker frame with high enough damage to one shot the enemies so you can focus on finding orbs.

Gunblades can break the orbs from range (at least when I did it), so Sarpa or Redeemer is recommended (dunno if it's patched out or still there. In the same vein glaive is an option)

According to the wiki the Sarpa, Redeemer, and thrown weapons cannot harm the orbs. You can only hit them in melee.

A non-LoS frame is an excellent idea! I have an Equinox smoldering on a shelf, so I'll give her a try. Shame, they nerfed Ember into a DoT frame.

:hexis:

...Well, of course, yeah, you could cheese it with that strategy if you just want to be done with it with no thought involved whatsoever.

My advices were more centered on actually playing the test as it should/was designed/supposed to be played.

Go with whatever flow you like the most, obviously.

34 minutes ago, GrazewoundZero said:

According to the wiki the Sarpa, Redeemer, and thrown weapons cannot harm the orbs. You can only hit them in melee.
:hexis:

Sad to know that this is not an option anymore ... it worked for me XD.

But yeah, even if you don't want to cheese with things like Quake Banshee and want to be a bit more proper ... then yes, stack time first, and just kill things if they get in your face. Once you have comfortable levels of time, then you can just shoot happily.

when i did it i used World on Fire Ember and only focused on the orbs

you could also bring an atterax with max range and spin from orb to orb, you'll kill everything else on your way. the key is Orbs first, enemies second. 

Edited by ghoffman1928

Update!

I was able to complete this MR early this morning. I used the Mend & Maim build for, Equinox :

(Aura) Energy Siphon
(Adapter) Speed Drift
Stretch
Overextended
Redirection
Vitality
Continuity / Prime
Streamline
Fleeting Expertise
Flow / Prime

Switching to the day form / Maim ability , I had enough speed to zip around the board towards the orbs. I used my S&A Prime build, as it's strong enough to kill most mobs in one hit. My sobek build took care of the infested mobs that Maim didn't finish off.

Thank you all for your help.

:meridian::redveil: