Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 10 Test Visibility Issues

Temnai

Can we please get the colour of the platforms on the mastery rank 10 test changed.  The test is about being able to kill enemies while moving between platforms that crumble away.  It shouldn't be a challenge due to one's ability to see them.

For reference this is what I see when I play the test.  This is with 50% contrast and about 80% brightness because I like to be able to see in dark areas.Platforms_on_normal_brightness.png

Just to be able to see the platforms at what I consider a "reasonable" level to be I had to turn my contrast to maximum and my brightness to minimum.  This was the result.

Platforms_on_minimum_brightness.png

Which isn't exactly terrible, but the fact that I have to turn my entire game dark just to be able to see this one level is ridiculous.  In case you are wondering this is what the inside of Cephalon Simaris' building looks like under these settings.

Simaris.png

You can't even tell that I am looking at another player other than the floating name.  I am just honestly astonished that the mastery rank 10 test made it into the game the way it is, aka unplayable unless you make the rest of the game unplayable.  The fact that I have to look at the minimap just to figure out which direction I have to face in to take the test is crazy.

I have been loving Warframe and am happy that I can say this is the first time I have ever felt "screwed over" while playing but I am also just bewildered at how the first thing to offend me as a player was something this simple and easy to notice.  Could we get a texture update for them?  Even just making them the same light blue colour energy colour that is used fairly frequently (Same colour as the Datum's for Suda) would be a huge improvement.

The issue is that one shouldn't have to rely on cheese or having a specific warframe just to do a mastery rank test, and in case you didn't notice I was playing Zephyr which means I only had to land 3-4 times the whole time.  Despite that I couldn't even do that because the platforms are exactly the same colour as the background to me.  I couldn't even look for them, I had to look for where the particle effects in the air outlined them.

Hey there, this is a long standing issue sadly. You can work around it by disabling color correction temporarily under the graphical options. This should make it appear normal.

Good luck with the test.

Edited by Airwolfen

I have the same problem and finally got hold of Titania myself. DE really need to rethink these tests, when the only way a lot of us can do them by cheesing. A lot of the tests don't even bear any reasonable semblance to in-game challenges, and with the way mobs detect players now, the stealth tests are pointless, frustrating chores.

I would very much like to see an option to pay to skip a test.