Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily "Help a new Tenno" Mission

Wachsam

DISCLAIMER:
I did search for similar topics but I couldn't find any. Maybe this has been presented before. In that case, just ignore this post and let it sink into oblivion.

INSIGHT:
I'm not really an active member of these forums as I'm more like a Reddit addict. However, I noticed a trend with the influx of new players:

We all know this game has improved its tutorial phase but it still feels like being thrown into an ocean of possibilities. On top of that, clearing the star chart and trying to catch up with the rest of the community is quite difficult. It means, that newer players in order to complete junctions have to wait a long time to get a public group for certain missions they can't complete on their own. This makes early Warframe a solo-gameplay experience for newer players, which isn't good.

Here's my idea:

TENNO INTERVENTIONS:

All players have a new tab in the mission overview, the "Interventions". These are matchmaking-based regular missions, where a more experienced player gets automatically assigned to a newer player that waits a certain amount of time in the queue for a low level mission.

These missions could be divided into certain level brackets:

• 1-10
  • 10 -20
  • 20 - 30

This would not only help new players to get in touch with other Tenno and clearing the star chart faster, there can be certain rewards as an incentive for experienced players. Rewards could be:

• Daily supply caches (resources, 3h boosters, even 1-5p on a rare basis)
  • Daily faction standing caches (for the 2-3 specific factions the assigned player is attached to)
  • Daily credit caches (self-explanatory)

The Warframe community is one of the most inclusive, friendliest and supportive player base I have seen. There are a lot of players already doing stuf like this, me included. But it would be awesome if the game itself incentives helping newer players with its mechanics. It's fun and feels good to take a new Tenno by the hand and carrying him to his desired mission/planet or even Warframe. But that also means that the newer players has to ask for help, and not everybody is willing to expose himself as unexperienced in an online game. 

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

i would have to agree with chaotea, late game players do go into low level for the fun of helping new players and nothing else. 

i think a better solution would be for more activity discord community's and clans to be advertised to clan less players (new players) to guide them toward finding a community to be a part of, as joining a community is the biggest game changer for new players. having a family of players who can help you is what gets you started.
i remember when i started warframe i meet a player who had been playing since close beta, on a Venus defense no less (this was 4 years go), and he took me around help me get into the game. if it wasnt for him it probably wouldnt have keep playing this game. finding a community is very important.

Edited by Grimm

I know that there a lot of good Tenno out there helping other people. But as I have mentioned in the last part: people have to ask or intentionally search for a community. Also, helpful players don't distribute themselves evenly all across the lower star chart, so you can't say that just because people are helping, they are always exactly there where they're needed. 

With this concept, on the one side newer player have a more inclusive experience and on the other side helpful Tenno get something for helping (although most of us would say that this isn't mandatory). Basically, it's about easing the solo-esque gameplay when you start clearing the star chart and wait for minutes to find a public group. The matchmaking would make sure that helpful players will be directly matched with newer players in need. 

Edited by Wachsam