Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raid Idea -use old operations.

GhostNaga

So since raids were removed, I had an idea on what could replace them. I’ve heard a lot of players really wanted some of the old operations back and I thought: why can we have operations as raids?

So here’s my thinking. The raids could come back using old operations (Gravidas, Plague Star etc.) and be put on something like the bounties or sorties timer; Where there’s one operation a week. You can still only do them once a day, and they’re harder than the original operation (with some of the reward drops either changed in chances or removed - like the Hemocyte Cistolith from Plague Star).

It’s just a thought, and few people liked it. I remember DE saying they’d like some operations to come back in DevStream 100 I believe. And I just thought why not?

I'm definitely not opposed to operations coming back in whatever form. But I think the whole conception of raids (or "trials" or whatever) needs to be completely reworked before they come back in any form. I'd start with getting rid of the 8-man squad idea, raiding with a larger team than usual works for other games but it doesn't seem like a good fit for Warframe.

Why it wouldn't be a good fit? I actually really miss such missions with 8 people, because it is a different gameplay for me than ordinary 4 squad. Only I wish the mechanics would be combat like - possible to guess from the fight, rather than mechanics with unlocking something, I have to search on wiki. 

And the type of fight I like for bigger group is the boss in Derelict. 

Also I think it would be even better for archwing fight, which is more with weapons than warframe skils and you don't move so fast around, in space or under water with a really big monster.

When it comes to operations - I liked how they are repeated once a while, so it will not become boring, because when ghuls are quite often it is not interesting for me after some time. 

As much as it was interesting to have a 8m party, recruiting 8 competent players was a pain in the ass, and the more players you have to recruit, the more likely you are to get a griefer, which leads to grief, which leads to people griefing out of spite for having been griefed, which leads to more griefers in the pool, and more griefing. Even moreso when something is on the line, such as a significant portion of your time spent in an obnoxious mission with a high-value reward at the end.

8m parties were fun, but being forced to have 4+ players just to get started was not okay. Plus, the reasons to need so many players were largely artificial. I think only the switches on the tram felt like a legitimate gameplay element that wasn't just "welp we need to make it seem like there's a legit reason to have more people here"

Maybe if the missions were parallelized and split up a bit, with people needing to move down separate paths at the same time to help eachother progress, but it's hard to make that feel legitimate as well.

16 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

As much as it was interesting to have a 8m party, recruiting 8 competent players was a pain in the ass, and the more players you have to recruit, the more likely you are to get a griefer, which leads to grief, which leads to people griefing out of spite for having been griefed, which leads to more griefers in the pool, and more griefing. Even moreso when something is on the line, such as a significant portion of your time spent in an obnoxious mission with a high-value reward at the end.

8m parties were fun, but being forced to have 4+ players just to get started was not okay. Plus, the reasons to need so many players were largely artificial. I think only the switches on the tram felt like a legitimate gameplay element that wasn't just "welp we need to make it seem like there's a legit reason to have more people here"

Maybe if the missions were parallelized and split up a bit, with people needing to move down separate paths at the same time to help eachother progress, but it's hard to make that feel legitimate as well.

OK, thanks for explanation. I didn't experience it, so I couldn't imagine all the problems or if it would be fun at all, only that it could be different experience.

And I missed Plaque star completelly, so I wouldn't mind to have it back.

Also I was thinking about operations and they basicly are some sort of invasions. So operations could be under some tag like invasions are, if it would be more often with different enemies - like some players miss 100level enemies, or just simply introducing different types of enemies. Just throwing ideas around, I have no idea how it would work btw :).

I think rotational operations would be really cool. I'd definitely play more if they were an option. Level 100 operations with 8 man groups would be sick. Hell, even if they weren't all that level or didn't all require 8 players it would be cool. Make it variable.Variety is interesting.

Edited by DepressiveOgre