Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Building tools do not function as they should

Calaifur

and by that I mean they don't work properly, Surface snapping doesn't even snap to any surface. Floor, Ceiling walls, even other decorations, it doesn't snap. you can't just pop the top off of diet ice tea and claim it to be snapple. it just doesn't work.

When you try to move a decoration, by clicking on the decoration the camera will snap (this is the incorrect use of the snapple technology) to a very odd angle making perfect placements virtually impossible. this is very prevalent with the corpus catwalks.

the two images seen below are how the camera reacts when clicking Mouse 1 to move the decoration.4QaoJe8.jpg8937Krx.jpg

Edited by Multismoke
too harsh title that wasn't adding anything into context

Just now, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Then turn off snap and just place freely.

It works just fine for me.

that doesn't fix the camera issues. because of the camera snapping to an odd angle it makes it impossible to actually see where I'm placing things

2 minutes ago, Multismoke said:

that doesn't fix the camera issues. because of the camera snapping to an odd angle it makes it impossible to actually see where I'm placing things

You should be able to move your camera freely while holding a decoration to place. If not then that is a bigger issue, and one that I have yet to run into.

Nor have I had it change my camera position when selecting a decoration to place/move.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

You should be able to move your camera freely while holding a decoration to place. If not then that is a bigger issue, and one that I have yet to run into.

Nor have I had it change my camera position when selecting a decoration to place/move.

to my knowledge the only way to move the camera while a decoration is selected is to use the rotate key, unless the decoration gets misaligned due to having to move the camera around to attempt to see what angle I need to place it at

Precise free placement takes a lot of time. A few minutes per item placed. Proper Snapping with items that are meant to be used to snap to other items and locations would be a tremendous time saver.

I say this just having spent around 10 hours building a small city outside my observatory using the new dojo functions and some of the new decorations. 

I'm not new to dojo decoration either. I've been building complex structures in my dojo for 4 years or more now.

A simple tool that could help would be the ability to put in exact instructions like Coordinates on the X Y Z axes, exact angles, exact size. 
Similar to the tool we use for melee weapon holsters, only with the ability to type in instructions. 

Should be really easy to implement in game too.