The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Small Step For De, One Giant Leap For Death

Gravefire

So I really thought this was supposed to be a "WEEKEND EVENT" cause of the previous livestream of Sheldon and Steve saying we would have a weekend event finding Corpus intel to the Grineer Settlement. To my surprises that's not the case as I just recently found out there will be 3 phases. Now I hate to be that guy but why make this a 6 day event ? Just why ?

Reason why I bring this up is now that the clan (Shadow Clan) I'm in a few other people have sat here and grinded our asses off trying to rank 1 are now full understanding that we do not have a chance at this cause of work / school during the week. Personally I don't feel like grinding my way for the next 5 days just to have a shot at only a Statue and 3 Mods (which are badass and take a day to acquire) that only represents I have no life or just nothing better to do for those 5 days but I see the point for the 5 days for people who maybe weren't here for the start of the event. (as I am assured a FEW others agreed with me). Really tho 6 days just for 1 statue for the top clans ? I just feel the top clans are getting screwed over for all there hard work if they deiced to do this.

How about having shorter events that happen often instead of long events that taxi people life?

ex. Saturday between 7am,12pm,5pm have 3 random events that give mods (Don't make these mods exclusive) but add a goal for the doing this maybe a clan banner or some kinda of clan orientated item with these small events,also have a tier system with these items within Clan Tiers ex. Gold,Sliver and Bronze, so some clans have a chance not just you have to be #1 every damn time.

I feel as tho DE wants to go down the right road to bring in more players but you're running the game with more grinding (Yes this game is already grinding but don't have to make the events the same way) for both NEW and OLD players a like. I feel week events should happen to help encourage more fun play instead of competitive play between clans. As Weekend event should encourage competitiveness between clans of equal rank with some type of better reward for people who decided to grind and show how much they love this game and there clan.

Also I would just like to point out these events only show speed. Its not showing how well the players do its only showing who has the time to put into the event and how fast you can do it. Just a thought. I do love that this is lasting a week for players that don't have a chance to get these mods.

Thanks for listing to my little rant,

Gravefire

PS. Please positive Feedback.

No Hating on Clans here.

Edited by Gravefire

To get players opinions, this is in the right place.

To get DE to notice this, it needs to go to gameplay feedback.

Well ranted, but will be missed unless it is moved, if you care to move it you can report it and say "Please Move To Gameplay"

Mods are fairly understanding.

Good luck, and +1.

Like we just gave up after working are asses off and for what just a statue, Glad to see Asur0 didn't waste time with this it just insane.

Its not because of the statue

Its because even if we got more points then warbros

we will still lose

that's what I mean by weighted dice 

While I agree I also disagree. What the clans are "grinding" for are bits of bling no one outside the clan is likey to ever see. At once its both aggravating and pointless. In a way it's not competition but who has the most active bodies to grind. Frankly Dragonball Z League run by Squee is more of a competition and all they're doing is tweeking AI in fighting game to run CPU vs CPU.

Having a longer event is great especially for those of us to have jobs and lives. Especially trying to get those 100+ "point goals". It is not great for a "competition" that has a serious time dependent element (# of kills/points per unit of time).

To get players opinions, this is in the right place.

To get DE to notice this, it needs to go to gameplay feedback.

Well ranted, but will be missed unless it is moved, if you care to move it you can report it and say "Please Move To Gameplay"

Mods are fairly understanding.

Good luck, and +1.

I wanted to be in general cause of whats going on, yes it has gameplay feed back but I feel it needs to be seen by everyone that plays. Thanks for the feeback tho.

While I agree I also disagree. What the clans are "grinding" for are bits of bling no one outside the clan is likey to ever see. At once its both aggravating and pointless. In a way it's not competition but who has the most active bodies to grind. Frankly Dragonball Z League run by Squee is more of a competition and all they're doing is tweeking AI in fighting game to run CPU vs CPU.

Having a longer event is great especially for those of us to have jobs and lives. Especially trying to get those 100+ "point goals". It is not great for a "competition" that has a serious time dependent element (# of kills/points per unit of time).

I agree its great for those who don't have the time which I point out for those who can't be on for the event for the mods.

Edited by Gravefire

In my mind, this event is no different than the previous Fomorian event (except for event length). Why in the world would you repeat an event?!

What is the "event"? You take your Volt, equip your speed mods and slingshot around with dual zoren's throughout the map while pressing 2. Ok? Great showcase of Warframe's game-play.

I just don't get it. I'm at a loss for words.

No one likes to constantly grind for more then 2 days let alone 6... this is horrible idea. 

I never signed up for a 6 day grind events when I started competing for events.  Well easy win to the no lifers I guess, not much of a competition any more.

Edited by MindlessWar

30 hours to get the mods?.....took me 2 hours....tops

THeres this thing called groups, they are spamming the recruit channel like crazy, get a nice 3-4 scouts per mish

~yawn~ barely any work and i got my three mods, will enjoy the multishot for pistol

The game is about grinding....events will be a harder grind.

You grind everytime you play the game....EVERY time.

If you can't handle grinding? Wrong game to play.....

Seriously...getting resources? Grind..

Getting mods? Grind.

Weapons/Frames? Grind.

Did you REALLY think that you'd be GIVEN everything in the game just for signing up?

NO,you go out,get mats/bp's,forge,wait,claim,go out and get more stuff....if you can't do that? Again,wrong game to play....

we do not have a chance at this cause of work / school during the week.

So you're the only ones here working?

And why are people complaining about  "6 days of grind" when it only takes a few hours to get the points for the mods? Or are you that bad and slow that you need days to get the measly amount of required points?

As for the top spot in clan and player rankings, it rewards those that actually play the game. I think that you're just a scrub.

Its because even if we got more points then warbros

we will still lose

that's what I mean by weighted dice 

That's what you get for making your clan a collective trashcan that picks up every bad/inactive player on the side of the road. You only have yourself to blame. The new system accounts for player score average in the clan, thus rewarding quality over quantity.

Edited by Caernarvon

You have 6 days to achieve a reward that only takes a couple of hours to obtain. A job is no excuse. If you can't find the time to dedicate a few hours towards a hobby that you enjoy, that's your problem, not the devs.

Also, most games are a grind. Doesn't matter if you're killing 12 year olds in Call of Duty for a few hours or farming loot in WoW/Diablo. If you're doing the same thing over and over, it's a grind. The difference is whether or not you're enjoying your time in whatever game you're playing. If it feels like a chore to you, don't play.

I think the 6 day event is due to people complaining about "having a life" on the weekends and can't do an event. If people go read back on the the whining from the previous 2 events that was one of the sticking points.

Events are the only competition in this game, and making them longer then a weekend, makes the gap much bigger becoming less competitive, at least being a weekend people have more of a chance of doing so.

We can do this by comparing both events to show the gap once its over, if the gap is not that big then Maybe I wrong.

All though with the rate its going I sure it will only last the weekend though...

Edited by MindlessWar