Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Music Plox

HulkingElf

So i was going through my subscription page on youtube and looking at my fav warframe content creators and happened across this video.  i thought it could be a good intro for the game besides the normal music for each lvl it could play a song for each boss. i thought it was worth bringing into the forums for support. XD

2 minutes ago, HulkingElf said:

awesome sauce... i mean whats there to loose from it. it would be awesome.

It would be pointless. How often do you fight a boss? To get the frame, to resource farm (sometimes) and the occasional one in sorties. Some bosses are/near one hit kill. Others die quickly. Very few bosses survive long enough to even notice the music. So, what is the point? Perhaps DE could just add a larger variety of music to the game. We do not need boss music.

I mean, the Devs would actually have to go through the entire process of creating the music, then implementing it. So, lets tie up the sound people's time on something pointless when they should actually be working on other, more important things.

15 hours ago, krc473 said:

It would be pointless. How often do you fight a boss? To get the frame, to resource farm (sometimes) and the occasional one in sorties. Some bosses are/near one hit kill. Others die quickly. Very few bosses survive long enough to even notice the music.

I, for one, would enjoy the boss fights significantly more if they had boss music. Boss music is one of my favorite parts of boss fights. And yeah, you don't fight bosses super often, which is why they're all the more special when you DO have a reason to fight one.

And yeah, some bosses die very quickly- but the trend for boss reworks seems to be to prevent that.

Edited by Kromblite

2 hours ago, Kromblite said:

And yeah, some bosses die very quickly- but the trend for boss reworks seems to be to prevent that.

Maybe it would be worth the effort when the bosses have all been reworked (or do it with each rework, one at a time). I am not sure if you can still do this, but some bosses could be killed during the animation video, so... it would not have even started the music. As of now, there is virtually no point. Very few people will benefit from it, and I doubt most people care. I mean, who genuinely knew bosses did not have their own music already?

They also have far more important stuff to be working on. I would rather the new open world, or Khora, or new weapons/pets etc than boss music. If they tie up the sound team on boss music, these may get delayed (more than they already have).