Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo's Stasis

Zaekier

it's good if limbo is going solo or you're in a squad with melee only, but otherwise you can't use it without getting complaints about it, i think maybe it could change into something like a projectile? maybe like limbo's banish so that it targets a group of enemy, or allow ally projectiles to move with an augment

Most complaints involving Stasis that I've experienced are when combined with a giant Cataclysm spanning the size of a room or two. Unlike Banish you can't simply roll out of the Rift inside the bubble, so any enemies caught in there you can only fight properly with abilities and melee (unless the Limbo actually practices turning Stasis on and off to resume projectiles, like how the devs intended). But then a thought occurs: why risk dying when you can play it safe? Just keep Stasis on and hack away at enemies that can't fight back.

It's a tradeoff for being able to completely disable enemy activity in the Rift, but it's not a fun drawback for allies to experience. Adding some way for allies to resume their own projectiles would put the control back in their hands, rather than making it feel like Limbo is taking away control from them for being the only one who decides when projectiles pause or move. A functionality like this I feel shouldn't be made into an augment as a bandaid, but as an innate feature of the ability.

It's safe to fight in the Rift, but it's also boring and limiting when Stasis is on 24/7, so it's no surprise that people instinctively roll out when Banished or go out of their way to fight outside Cataclysm... they just don't want their gameplay disrupted.