Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Number Of Void Scouts Should Not Depend On Players Present...

Brimir

1. I can't join random groups because Warframe won't acknowledge my ports being forwarded.

2. Anyone I add on Friend's List appears permanently Offline.

So now I need to solo grind 300 missions for the 100 points required. That the number of Scouts in each void mission depends on the number of players present is dumb.

Edited by Brimir

1. I can't join random groups because Warframe won't acknowledge my ports being forwarded.

2. Anyone I add on Friend's List appears permanently Offline.

So now I need to solo grind 300 missions for the 100 points required. That the number of Scouts in each void mission depends on the number of players present is dumb.

Assuming it takes you 2 minutes to complete each run, that'll be 600 minutes. which translates to 10 hours. 10+ hours of grinding the exact same missions over. and over. and over. and over again. This event is absolutely terrible.

Assuming it takes you 2 minutes to complete each run, that'll be 600 minutes. which translates to 10 hours. 10+ hours of grinding the exact same missions over. and over. and over. and over again. This event is absolutely terrible.

Also that is assuming that the component alerts for the Void Keys are always available.

Which they aren't.

:C

I feel the same way. I only play solo because of network issues, and grinding the same missions over and over again just to get to 100pts just doesn't seem viable for me to do. Past weekend events were actually doable solo but this one for me is just impossible, unless I wear myself out.

It sucks if you have connection problems and want to go for the 100 points but this thing lasts days and.... shouldn't this be a norm for the events for you folks?

Yes the event is for 6 days but we would still be doing the same missions over and over again for 6 days. Soloing the same mission 300 times isn't exaclty something that I can call fun.

Yes the event is for 6 days but we would still be doing the same missions over and over again for 6 days. Soloing the same mission 300 times isn't exaclty something that I can call fun.

Isnt this is what you do in the game with normal play.

Or do you just play one type of mission one time and then switch to the next?

All I can really say to this is I can't agree more, going to strip a post I just made out of another thread about rushers as it applies just as much here.

"As someone who like Volt's current design, personally is a jack-of-all trades when it comes to playstyle that being - I rush, explore, slow-approach, and atmospheric approach (Think Infested, dark map Dead-Space pace.) as well as solo, co-op (2), full group, and farm...

I do have to say I hate the fact this Event basically has pinned me back into Rushing and on a repeating tileset, I mean, I get free CV keys at rapid fire pace if I simply say "Volt - Endless Speed w/ maxed duration spec'd" in Recruitment. Went from 3 points solo'd, 5 points co-oped with a friend at a slow pace over about an hour.... to exactly 70 points at the moment in about an hour's time.

Which I find preferable as all the ship designs were starting to run together back when I started, nothing unusual or special about them - so at this point just rushing these last 30 as well so I can get back to mod collecting, exploring the void, things I actually might naturally choose to do. Though I can't deny on the same token it's not forcing me to Rush, plenty of supposed time to finish at a slow to brisk pace -- but then again I could easily go to sleep right now and wake up tomorrow to find out the event is over early given DE's history : and really don't want that -_-

"

Point being, it didn't just encourage mass-rushing : it basically backed me into a corner to full-grouping instead of just going co-op or solo to save myself 4x as much mindless grinding at a already repetitive tileset ... plus the alerts.. of which, since I'm easily finding people wanting a Volt-Speedrun through the CV missions I get to skip those entirely in exchange for said rush/grouping.

You are being way too optimistic as well, some missions you end up having 1st to blow up the reactor then recover 4 datamass. A single mission can take over 10 minute if unlucky.

And they just had a cipher alert for 15 wave defense mission! That takes ages. Didn't bother with it.

Seriously this event is &!$$ing me off, the rewards are the best there has been so far and they are next to impossible to get solo. And you can bet they will be event exclusive as well...

25 points would have been hard enough to get solo. I can't invite or get invited to groups so I'm screwed, well it works some time but more than 50% of the time it does not.

Edited by Mikki79

Geez they are provoking teamwork. Plus like the previous exterminate event a lot of ppl were complaining about the lack of teamwork.

No they are copying Army of 2 and putting a wall that requires a friend to help you get over it. They just made it so punitive for single player that teamwork is mandatory. The people wanting more Co-Op need to go play a game that has capture the flag or something that 8-16 man teams that verse each other. 

I'm in the same boat, but I can only invite 2 other people to run with me. For some reason the game always thinks I have a 4th player with us and we dont.

How can you promote teamwork in a game that wont let you team up properly :(

Edited by Clone154769

It sucks if you have connection problems and want to go for the 100 points but this thing lasts days and.... shouldn't this be a norm for the events for you folks?

No. The last event you could get the 250 points in under 100 missions since could get 3 points per mission and basic corrupters were fairly easy to get. This event you need 300 missions at 1 scout per void mission.

This event requires significantly more effort from people that play alone.

One solution would be to have all missions have 3 or 4 scouts but have them start to despawn after some time has passed. This would reduce the ammount of missions soloers need to do while giving groups that want to get all of them a challenge. Getting 2 per mission should be fairly easy, more should require being fast or other players.

Just giving at least 2 scouts per mission would make the amount of effort required much more reasonable.

The people wanting more Co-Op need to go play a game that has capture the flag or something that 8-16 man teams that verse each other. 

Seriously? You're really going to make this argument? This is a co-op game and you're going to tell co-op players to play a different game? That's like playing WoW, demanding that it be single player FPS and telling everyone else that they should play Everquest intead if they want to play an MMO.

Also, PVP is different from CO-OP.

Edited by EetNotErn

Seriously? You're really going to make this argument? This is a co-op game and you're going to tell co-op players to play a different game? That's like playing WoW, demanding that it be single player FPS and telling everyone else that they should play Everquest intead if they want to play an MMO.

Also, PVP is different from CO-OP.

If you look at the definition of Co-op it is vague to the point it means anything that is in the same direction or goal. I just getting sick of the its a co-op game every single time DE does something. Many games are Co-op verse the PC it one of the most over used labels in the video game industry. Nearly every single old Nintendo game that came out on the 80s 90s normally had a co-op mode grafted to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative take your pick of what the word means it can fit anything that involves a like minded group. Use any dictionary you want it such an elastic term it applies to Starcraft team verse teams

Edited by LazyKnight

If you look at the definition of Co-op it is vague to the point it means anything that is in the same direction or goal. I just get sick of the its a co-op game every single time DE does something. Many games are Co-op verse the PC it one of the most over used labels in the video game industry. Nearly every single old Nintendo game that came out on the 80s 90s normally had a co-op mode grafted to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative take your pick of what the word means it can fit anything. Use any dictionary you want it such an elastic term it applies to Starcraft team verse teams

As vague as you want to claim that the term co-op is, the definition always includes two or more people . Solo playing, no matter how you want to interpret the term co-op, is NOT co-op.

WF is definitely a co-op game. So you telling players to stop playing it like a co-op game and go play something else is one of the most ridiculous tihngs I've read in this forum. Are you trolling?

Solo playing, no matter how you want to interpret the term co-op, is NOT co-op.

Is someone going solo to help fill a globe bar that the entire population of the game would benefit from co-op?  I didn't say warframe was not Co-op I am saying it so vague that it only requires the players to be aligned in their goals. Was me running that defense event 84 times helping the server? Wait no one was in part but my dethcube but it still fits cooperative gameplay because my points benefited the server(population of game since DE doesn't have one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_gameplay

Edited by LazyKnight

Is someone going solo to help fill a globe bar that the entire population of the game would benefit from co-op?  I didn't say warframe was not Co-op I am saying it so vague that it only requires the players to be aligned in their goals. Was me running that defense event 84 times helping the server? Wait no one was in part but my dethcube but it still fits cooperative gameplay because my points benefited the server(population of game since DE doesn't have one).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_gameplay

I was not questioning you or any other solo player's contributions but your statement that co-op players should go play something else. It was plain stupid.

I was not questioning you or any other solo player's contributions but your statement that co-op players should go play something else. It was plain stupid.

I was referring to that other poster comments that people were upset this game didn't have enough co-op. The only thing DE can do is put walls that require a buddy to help you get over or penalize people that go alone. The other option is to set the difficulty to the moon so people are screwed if party is less than 4. 

Sorry if my comment was stupid, I am just annoyed that I need to run 300 mission to get a mod that people in groups only have to do a fraction of. It certainly is more group friendly now I hope the people that begged for more Cooperative gameplay are happy.

Edited by LazyKnight