Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Second Dream and The War Within

Rinaldos

I'm here to express my opinion and thoughts about this two quests. I'm not going to argue with people who disagrees with my opinion. I have a right to have my opinion, you have yours. Also, sorry if I'm too harsh in my expressions, I just completed second quest.

I mostly like lore, music and design of this two quests. However game mechanics is lacking diversity and creativity.

1. During the Second Dream we need to guard some bombs that will explode and keep Hunhow buried. But they named and have a model of a Warframe cryocell, not a bomb. This is just generic defence mission on a generic map, while we have new beautiful location for the ending of War Within (Queens location).
  2. Game devs think that repetition of the same or nearly same task is interesting:
    * During Second Dream we need to focus on Stalker with our hand-laser beam while moving to him. This mechanics is not very entertaining, Stalker keeps pushing you away and this is just plainly annoying. Oh, and you need to do the full sequence several times.
    * In War Within we need to jump/run from rock to rock with our developing abilities while trying to not get eaten. There is no quest marker - it's actually very easy to lose directions in cave system with low amount of light and there. Plus there are some people that can get lost in real life/games in almost any place without a map (and I'm one of them). Plus if you fail you need to start all over again. This is Warframe, not oldschool roguelike game.
  3. During battle with the Queen there are no proper instructions. Teshin just tells you to use your new powers. If my friend didn't give a hint that I need to "E" Queen Guards, then "Ctrl+Space" them and then beat, it would be a long and extremely unpleasant night. I'm serious, "Ctrl+Space" is hyper jump, how would I know that it disables guard defence? In my head its for fast moving and evading. Also, I tried to use my laser on Queen when she was without her shield. Again, "Ctrl+Space" problem.
  4. Engish is a second language to me. There are subtitles for main phrases, but it's hard to catch those distant half-whisper phrases that you hear while you in the mountain. I really like that Warframe has more lore now and I tried to catch every lore detail. It's unfortunate I didn't understand those.
Edited by Rinaldos

I think the first example is during Natah, I agree that the Cryopods could be switched out if possible when the models are available. I feel you on the not really explained elements, as in particular the Queen's mechanic to fight them is implied to be what we are supposed to do later with Kuva siphons but instead we have to dash through/ shoot the clouds with the void beam perhaps Teshin could imply how players are meant to attack the Elder Queen?

1: Using the queens location for the bomb mission would make no sense. Hunhow was buried on the ocean floor of Uranus, not in the Kuva Fortress.

2: You shoot the waves with your beams to prevent being pushed back, being lost in the cave is rather part of the point of the journey

3: Teshin told you to use your new powers. Did that not mean you should find which one would work? They dont need to handhold you through the fight. You handhold your children as you walk through the shady alleyway, not players through a game.

4: sadly DE cant prepare for everything. They simply don't have enough people to do the work. Heck, the game dev team I work for has more people working for it compared to DE.

1 hour ago, Rinaldos said:

During battle with the Queen there are no proper instructions. Teshin just tells you to use your new powers. If my friend didn't give a hint that I need to "E" Queen Guards, then "Ctrl+Space" them and then beat, it would be a long and extremely unpleasant night. I'm serious, "Ctrl+Space" is hyper jump, how would I know that it disables guard defence? In my head its for fast moving and evading. Also, I tried to use my laser on Queen when she was without her shield. Again, "Ctrl+Space" problem.

From what I remember, there are instructions that tell you what to do. Void Blast to stun and then Void Dash to disarm. Pops up on screen during the fight.

1 hour ago, Rinaldos said:

Game devs think that repetition of the same or nearly same task is interesting:
* During Second Dream we need to focus on Stalker with our hand-laser beam while moving to him. This mechanics is not very entertaining, Stalker keeps pushing you away and this is just plainly annoying. Oh, and you need to do the full sequence several times.
* In War Within we need to jump/run from rock to rock with our developing abilities while trying to not get eaten. There is no quest marker - it's actually very easy to lose directions in cave system with low amount of light and there. Plus there are some people that can get lost in real life/games in almost any place without a map (and I'm one of them). Plus if you fail you need to start all over again. This is Warframe, not oldschool roguelike game.

Aren't there lights where you need to go/your path? It is basically a straight line. This is Warframe, you are right. Consider, however, Mario needs to stomp on the head of the bad guy 3 times to kill him, once should be enough. Link is equally inept. Nintendo is obviously very lazy, right?