The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows and Kavats as orbiter decorations.

(PSN)alexchesser

Something I was thinking I'd spend a bit of platinum on is pet-beds *IF* I could use them as a stand in for stasis-chambers.

Currently, if I want a cute baby kubrow or kavat running around my orbiter, it has to take up the slot used by a combat ready companion. If I could *transfer* my immature Kavat to a pet-bed I'd expect that would free-up my ability to select a companion. Maybe even allow us to put mature pets on the beds but impose the same rules as actual stasis. So the decorative pets don't lose DNA or anything but you can still have them stomping around your orbiter.

I could see myself buying a few beds to have a section of my orbiter with a little litter of puppies in it.

As a list of what I think is an ideal but fair set of rules:

• pets transferred to a bed free up a stasis chamber
  • pets on a bed do not degrade
  • pets on a bed require an open slot to send them back to being equip able
  • pets on a bed go through the same process as "remove from stasis" when transferring from a bed back to equip able
  • multiple beds would allow for multiple super cute pets to run around your orbiter
  • multiple pets will play with each other and be really cute sometimes
  • you can have and manage combat pets independently of pets on a bed.

if beds already function like this I'm buying one today. 

Ohhh.. I thought you were thinking about having "stuffed" pets as decorations. Glad I read your comment cuz I don't want to think that "Consigned to the Lotus" would mean having them stuffed and resold to its owner... which really is f*cked up btw

Can we just have all the pets available to roam around the orbiter and, hopefully, even interacting with each other? I have no issues with current slots limitation as well as activation/deactivation cooldown. Feel free to rebrand putting out of stasis as "readying for battle" if you will. I don't mind if all that will require an extra incubator segment upgrade or even a reasonable amount of plat(20-50) to enable this feature. I just want both of my kavats and a kubrow to chill in the orbiter together. =)