Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Minigame Concept] Cardframe - Warframe but with collectible trading cards

DeadNexus_

PczNRzP.png

-=  Intro  =-

Welcome to yet another concept, this time I will be talking about a cardgame fitting for warframe, complete with its own gameplay mechanics and awesome features. I myself have worked in the boardgame business for awhile and have 5 games under my belt. I thought it would be fun trying my best to create a concept for DE for their very own cardgame. This topic will be updated once in a while with better explanations, images and gameplay simulations. Stay tuned!

-=  General Concept  =-

DexDeck, or as we call it here, Cardframe, is a 1v1 cardgame with deck masters and cards which together form powerful decks to face your opponents. This cardgame was created to entertain children all over the Origin system and now the operators enjoy playing it in their spare time. All you have to do is sit at the newly placed table in your quarters and search for a match. Once you joined a randomized playfield will load and you can start your match. Every deck is made out of 50 cards. 5 Leader cards and 45 cards if your own choosing. You can pick your Deck Master who you think that fits the right set of skills to work with your deck (Example: Capt Vor is a Deck Master which specializes in demobilisation. Using his skill you can stop one opponent card from doing its move. Or Alad V that can spawn a Zanuka card when on 10 Health Points which only works once per match.). The one that loses all Health Points loses the match or if that person can’t pull any cards anymore.

-=  Gameplay  =-

General idea of the player field

1edP71q.png

Example of a card layout

74nTPqQ.png

Deck Master

Deck Masters are basically the generals of your deck. Your task is to keep your DM alive by using the cards at your disposal. Deck Masters all have an unique skill and belong to a certain faction. Some unique skills are passive and will only activate with sudden criteria while other effects can be used almost every turn for mild boosts and mild annoyances. The faction determance what units you can use, leader cards can be used by any Deck Master.

[Examples for Deck Masters: Lotus, Teshin, Capt. Vor, Awakened Capt. Vor, Tyl Regor, Alad V, Nef Anyo, Phorid, Jordas etc...]

Leaders

Leaders are the warframes, simple as that. Leaders have more health and most of the time more attack than standard units but they cost lots more focus crystals to summon. Every Leader has 3 empty mod slots. You can replace unit cards in your deck with mod cards which can give small boosts. Your Leader is the only one that can have 3 mods at once while normal units can only have 1. Leaders also have a special skill which activates when certain criteria are met. The maximum amount of Leaders in your deck is 5, losing them all can mean a lot of trouble. This mechanic is made so you can't flood the field with extremelly powerful cards, but they are made in a way that taking them down with normal units won't be a huge problem.

Units

Units are the basic cards you use in a match. Low costing units have almost no attack and health but are good for flooding or to use in combination with some more powerful cards. A lot of units also have abilities like taunting or activating a shield. Every unit has one mod slot to give it an extra boost.

Mods

Mods are also cards which give units and leaders extra boosts. Using mods also costs Focus Crystals so you need to think before you use them, also when the unit it is equipped to dies you lose it.

Casters

Casters are quick use cards with a variety of effects, these also cost Focus Crystals to be used.

Focus Crystals

Focus Crystals are the points you use to summon units. Every player starts with 2 but every turn you get 1 extra until you reach 10. Everything you do besides attacking costs Focus Crystals.

Card Health

Every card has it's own health points. Every attack can bring those points down till they hit zero, if they do that card has been taken down and needs to be placed on the Grave tile.

Edited by DeadNexus_