Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aquariums in the Dojo

Quantumorca1

We have Condrocs, Kuakas, and Koi Ponds in the Dojo. These are great decorations that add to the liveliness and character of rooms. We can also place fish trophies in the dojo. I still feel, though, that clan rooms can suffer from a lack of liveliness. Rooms need more animation to bring themselves to life and make each room special. Aquariums would help this issue greatly, while also giving clan members something to contribute and collaborate over. Aquariums would come empty to begin with, and it would be up to the clan members to contribute fish. The fish should only be able to be taken out by the people who put them in there to prevent issues where fish get stolen. When fish are added, they should also have to get permission from a leader of the clan to do so, otherwise people would put in junk fish just to be annoying. There could be many different sizes of tanks, where some of the smaller ones would behave like the Orbiter aquariums in relation to the large fish. There should also be large aquariums where large-sized fish could actually move around (you could stick small fish in there too for the size comparison). I think there should also be an entire aquarium room, comparable to a walk-through exhibit in real, large aquariums. The floor would be glass like the biological room in the Orbiter, and the ceiling could be dome-shaped with fish swimming up and down the entire room. Alongside adding these, I think a feature should be added to place real dojo decorations inside of the aquariums or just allow us to clip inside to place decorations. It would be fine with me if the fish clipped through the objects, so long as we could do it. If we could see these added, I think that would be amazing!

• Like 1

I would love to see this implemented, i have a LOT of koi pond in one of my clan halls but find its not enough. i love fish and would really like to see a way to have aquariums in the dojo. I would also like an optional mechanic for having to feed the fish to keep them alive once a day to encourage warlords of some inactive clans to give incentive to logging in and doing something for than clan each day, in larger clans the amount of members required to successfully feed the fish should go up by 1 for each clan tier and starting at one for ghost clans should the warlord decide to enable this option.

AND.... maybe if enouth contribute enouth fish, some small fishing pond in a huge room would also be awesome. (With fishes self replicating through.... how fish replicate... without us needing to see that)

Already written it in a different topic with the same idea but that would be just a dream to have, specially with the pictures you all posted. Looking forward to see that if they implent it maybe

About the decorations for aquariums: Why not having special decoration that ONLY works inside Aquariums? Like Sea plants, sunken equipment like boxes ect (maybe some kind of small and bigger caves?)

Edited by Dark_RRiderr

On 3/30/2018 at 2:03 AM, greentechgirl said:

I would love to see this implemented, i have a LOT of koi pond in one of my clan halls but find its not enough. i love fish and would really like to see a way to have aquariums in the dojo. I would also like an optional mechanic for having to feed the fish to keep them alive once a day to encourage warlords of some inactive clans to give incentive to logging in and doing something for than clan each day, in larger clans the amount of members required to successfully feed the fish should go up by 1 for each clan tier and starting at one for ghost clans should the warlord decide to enable this option.

Having to feed the fish is a great idea! I think that the limit should be extended to maybe 2 or 3 days though just to be more realistic. I also believe that not everyone will have the time to log in everyday, especially people who are in a clan alone or are the lone warlord.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:03 PM, Morkislair said:

Imagine a dojo room like this:
Like not an aquarium decoration, but a garden-like room which IS an aquarium.

And we put fishes in as we choose.

Hide contents

eQoUpjE.jpg

iTLHkmQ.jpg

Cug9T4q.jpg

eIUXQOb.jpg

f1Vz33l.jpg

These pictures are super cool and literally exactly what we need.

On 3/31/2018 at 2:07 AM, Dark_RRiderr said:

AND.... maybe if enouth contribute enouth fish, some small fishing pond in a huge room would also be awesome. (With fishes self replicating through.... how fish replicate... without us needing to see that)

Already written it in a different topic with the same idea but that would be just a dream to have, specially with the pictures you all posted. Looking forward to see that if they implent it maybe

About the decorations for aquariums: Why not having special decoration that ONLY works inside Aquariums? Like Sea plants, sunken equipment like boxes ect (maybe some kind of small and bigger caves?)

I think fish breeding could be really cool, but I'm not sure that DE would let that into the game, especially if they can be harvested for resources. It could be really cool, and I think it could be balanced if they made the incubation period long enough. Also while we're on the subject, maybe fish should be given the chance to grow in size in the aquarium. It could be based on an "aquarium capacity" or another stat similar to that. Also there should be a toggle on each fish to keep them small or medium sized if you wished. Also, aquarium specific decorations would be awesome. I like the idea of placeable rocks and caves for the fish to swim through (even if they clipped).

il y a 35 minutes, Quantumorca1 a dit :

I think fish breeding could be really cool, but I'm not sure that DE would let that into the game, especially if they can be harvested for resources. It could be really cool, and I think it could be balanced if they made the incubation period long enough. Also while we're on the subject, maybe fish should be given the chance to grow in size in the aquarium. It could be based on an "aquarium capacity" or another stat similar to that. Also there should be a toggle on each fish to keep them small or medium sized if you wished. Also, aquarium specific decorations would be awesome. I like the idea of placeable rocks and caves for the fish to swim through (even if they clipped).

While not too keen on the feeding fish part (it's a space station we're talking about, surely it can manage auto feed for fishes), big-ass aquariums with specific decoration would be so neat! And give DE reasons to expand on the marine wildlife :)

33 minutes ago, Morkislair said:

While not too keen on the feeding fish part (it's a space station we're talking about, surely it can manage auto feed for fishes), big-ass aquariums with specific decoration would be so neat! And give DE reasons to expand on the marine wildlife :)

You're very right. We need so many more aquatic animals. Maybe we can get a Uranus landscape lol

First, DE would need to adress the speed at which we traverse water. But can you imagine underwater kaiju fighting?

But I don't think that's coming right away. I'd bet my money on a sentient outpost as an archwing based landscape first. They showed concept art of this at last Tennocon.

Edited by Morkislair

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 9:02 AM, Quantumorca1 said:

Having to feed the fish is a great idea! I think that the limit should be extended to maybe 2 or 3 days though just to be more realistic. I also believe that not everyone will have the time to log in everyday, especially people who are in a clan alone or are the lone warlord.

i am not saying all will have to log in everyday but 1 person to feed the fish a day for a ghost clan and 2 for a shadow and so on, maybe it would be a good idea to have the delay between feeding times be extended by i high level member, so somewhat inactive clans could have t at every week and clans struggling to be active could set it much higher as an incentive to get people on

• 5 years later...
On 2018-03-25 at 10:57 PM, Quantumorca1 said:

We have Condrocs, Kuakas, and Koi Ponds in the Dojo. These are great decorations that add to the liveliness and character of rooms. We can also place fish trophies in the dojo. I still feel, though, that clan rooms can suffer from a lack of liveliness. Rooms need more animation to bring themselves to life and make each room special. Aquariums would help this issue greatly, while also giving clan members something to contribute and collaborate over. Aquariums would come empty to begin with, and it would be up to the clan members to contribute fish. The fish should only be able to be taken out by the people who put them in there to prevent issues where fish get stolen. When fish are added, they should also have to get permission from a leader of the clan to do so, otherwise people would put in junk fish just to be annoying. There could be many different sizes of tanks, where some of the smaller ones would behave like the Orbiter aquariums in relation to the large fish. There should also be large aquariums where large-sized fish could actually move around (you could stick small fish in there too for the size comparison). I think there should also be an entire aquarium room, comparable to a walk-through exhibit in real, large aquariums. The floor would be glass like the biological room in the Orbiter, and the ceiling could be dome-shaped with fish swimming up and down the entire room. Alongside adding these, I think a feature should be added to place real dojo decorations inside of the aquariums or just allow us to clip inside to place decorations. It would be fine with me if the fish clipped through the objects, so long as we could do it. If we could see these added, I think that would be amazing!

would love this so much