The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Want Gunkata In The Game?

Aspari

How about no? Keep in mind, most of the stuff in Equilibrium involved Bale standing almost completely still (relatively) or charging a group of assault rifle wielding henchmen. Let's look at the first scene? He busts in and shoots a bunch of idiots who have him surrounded in a circle. They miss so much that an Imperial Storm Trooper on the Deathstar points them out to new recruits as being terrible shots. Grineer in this game have aimbots.

The charging a bunch of fully automatic weapon users who have aimbots? Bad unless you have Link+EV going.

How would you use it on the Grineer Heavies though? They'd just plant your &#! on the ground and they all suddenly grow a brain and go 'FOCUS THAT GUY ON THE GROUND AS HE SLOWLY GETS UP!'. Try and pull off that Gunkata crap against Vay Hek, he'll be happy to show you what he thinks of that with all four barrels of the HEK.

Corpus? I dunno. Hyena would just blast you with an insta-kill rocket and Jackal would either chainstomp you to death or shoot insta-death grenades on your face.

Infested? Ummm, I give up. Preston would have died horribly to one goddamn Toxic Ancient and Horrid Phorrid would have eaten him for @(*()$ breakfast.

How about no? Keep in mind, most of the stuff in Equilibrium involved Bale standing almost completely still (relatively) or charging a group of assault rifle wielding henchmen. Let's look at the first scene? He busts in and shoots a bunch of idiots who have him surrounded in a circle. They miss so much that an Imperial Storm Trooper on the Deathstar points them out to new recruits as being terrible shots. Grineer in this game have aimbots.

The charging a bunch of fully automatic weapon users who have aimbots? Bad unless you have Link+EV going.

How would you use it on the Grineer Heavies though? They'd just plant your &#! on the ground and they all suddenly grow a brain and go 'FOCUS THAT GUY ON THE GROUND AS HE SLOWLY GETS UP!'. Try and pull off that Gunkata crap against Vay Hek, he'll be happy to show you what he thinks of that with all four barrels of the HEK.

Corpus? I dunno. Hyena would just blast you with an insta-kill rocket and Jackal would either chainstomp you to death or shoot insta-death grenades on your face.

Infested? Ummm, I give up. Preston would have died horribly to one goddamn Toxic Ancient and Horrid Phorrid would have eaten him for @(*()$ breakfast.

I don't know what Equilibrium is.

ATVI-Deadpool-Logo.jpg

Edited by Aspari

I don't know what Equilibrium is.

ATVI-Deadpool-Logo.jpg

So you seriously bring up Gunkata without knowing it's (horrifically awful) origins?

Also, did you just use the new Deadpool video game logo? The one that sucked as much as Duke Nukem Forever in how it insulted Videogame Cliches and still did them anyway?

So you seriously bring up Gunkata without knowing it's (horrifically awful) origins?

Also, did you just use the new Deadpool video game logo? The one that sucked as much as Duke Nukem Forever in how it insulted Videogame Cliches and still did them anyway?

3v1sl0.jpg

3v1sl0.jpg
Where is this forum's ignore function? Seriously, where the hell is it? I'd have a lot fewer headaches from garbage threads if I could find it.

edit: My opinions are backed up by fact, your opinions are not.

Face it: Gun-Kata has absolutely zero place in this game. "Oh no! A Grineer just got up in my face!" It's what my Sobek/Hek/Gorgon/Gram/Fragor/Avalanche is for.

Edited by NalkorRN

Where is this forum's ignore function? Seriously, where the hell is it? I'd have a lot fewer headaches from garbage threads if I could find it.

edit: My opinions are backed up by fact, your opinions are not.

Face it: Gun-Kata has absolutely zero place in this game. "Oh no! A Grineer just got up in my face!" It's what my Sobek/Hek/Gorgon/Gram/Fragor/Avalanche is for.

Loki was doing it in the first Warframe trailer, though nothing like what's on the Equilibrium movie. 

And for the record, I didn't post any of my opinions. I was asking for everyone else's opinion on Gunkata. Your disapproval of it is noted.

Edit: DE already put Gunkata onto one of their games: The Darkness 2. And since you bring up AI having aimbots, here's a little fun fact. Warframe's enemy AI was taken directly from The Darkness 2, and Gunkata was the best upgrade skill (after Gun Channeling) in the Gun part of the skill tree there because of how it worked. The enemy AI had nothing to do with how good the skill was if the enemy was in a position to shoot at you.

Edited by Aspari

For those of you who don't know what Gunkata is (I'm seeing all these "gunblade" comments) it's basically a kungfu style focusing on dual weapons especially fire arms. It's basically the shooting in all directions at once thing. It's quite flashy and quite unrealistic but because of it's flashiness it's used in movies and video games( if you're played Devil May Cry you've seen it). I'm not sure how to describe it much better than that so I'll let the below video take it from here.

Loki was doing it in the first Warframe trailer, though nothing like what's on the Equilibrium movie. 

And for the record, I didn't post any of my opinions. I was asking for everyone else's opinion on Gunkata. Your disapproval of it is noted.

The word Gunkata (I have to keep myself from vomiting in my own mouth every time I type or say that word) may have been around before Equilibrium, but even if such was the case, that movie pop...poplar... ugh, fighting back the urge to vomit right now.

It popularized Gunkata due to how it was portrayed in the (very few) fight scenes. You can do a YouTube search on Equilibrium Gunkata scenes, but only if you don't value your braincells.

ist NOT a kung fu style ... its Fantasy

guns have recoil, there is a reason why you hold them lke you do in real life,

and you dont Need to accumulate power in your limbs to use a gun to full effect

Hey if someone out there in real life is practicing it and trying to master it then it's a kung fu style. So calm down with your beliefs you're in a game where I can enter the minds of my enemies just by pointing at them it's not that big of a deal.

I liked equilibrium back when i was in highschool, but i cant see gun-kata working in warframe. An ability thats just "Spind around and shoots boolets" sounds boring as heck. Otherwise, get good with pistols and try doing it your self? I dont know, seems more suited to a different kind of game.

As for gunblades: Its a stupid idea, its been suggested a ton of times, and every single time the thread gets destroyed. Not a popular idea, and again, better suited to a different kind of game (jrpg's and the like) 

As for gunblades: Its a stupid idea, its been suggested a ton of times, and every single time the thread gets destroyed. Not a popular idea, and again, better suited to a different kind of game (jrpg's and the like) 

And GunZ 2