Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SUGGESTION] Quick-Fire Secondary

LegendaryNeurotoxin

This is a suggestion to allow quick single shots to be launched from the secondary weapon without drawing it. It would still need to be holstered to allow the player to resume what they were doing, but they would be able to fire until the magazine is empty. A special feature for throwing weapons like Kunai allows them to ignore magazine size and have no required holstering after.

For Quick-Fire, aim is slightly reduced, zoom is not possible, and secondary fire features aren't available unless the weapon is set for secondary on quick-fire in the arsenal options. This would be performed by using the Secondary fire button. Primary weapons with a secondary fire could only use this during reloads. Quick-fire doesn't reset the reload, but allows it to resume once the secondary is released or holstered. 

There are two main cases for this:

1 - When using melee and coming up against a nullifier, currently the options are basically charge in and recast buffs afterwards (or expertly cut down the shield with long range melee attacks), switch to ranged and break down the shield, or wait for some other source to deal with it. Corpus and corrupted are essentially anti-melee since they both have access to nullifiers. Quick-fire would allow melee focused players to deal with nullifiers without having to make two full weapon swaps. This also helps melee players destroy cameras without requiring the player to jump strike into them. 

2 - Primary focused players sometimes need a bit of diversity - whether the enemy needs to be inflicted with a certain status effect, the player needs to take a quick shot at a longer range target (like an across-the-room orokin turret) when using a short-range beam, a quick blast-focused shotgun round to scatter nearby enemies while using a bow or sniper, or just one last ounce of damage to finish off an enemy between reloads before it starts doing something really annoying, being able to use the secondary for a quick shot opens up more battlefield possibilities. 

When I think of a real-world sidearm on a battlefield, I don't think of badass soldiers carrying shotguns and carbines who instead go in pistol first. Its when their shotgun or carbine is jammed, out of rounds, or unable to be quickly reloaded, that I expect the secondary to come out. While space ninjas are a completely different type of soldier, I feel like the niche role of a sidearm is instead replaced by the option to use fully-powered weapons that just go in a different holster. I'd never ask for secondary weapons to be nerfed, but instead for a slight increase in their emphasis to be a support weapon that is used situationally as needed. 

Is this a feature you'd like to see? Have suggestions on improving the idea? I'd love to hear them!