Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulace and the amino nav beacon problem.

spirit_of_76

I am a new player and trying to farm out a Trin so I can better do the tridolons.  but to do so I need to do the hades boss fight which requires you to have 40 amino nav beacons. since about 5 drop form every Ambulace it will take 8 Ambulace kills to stat and 4 for each new fight.  Here lies the problem the Ambulace is not a guaranteed spawn on all defense maps nor is it a consistent spawn on one map.  while it averages out to be ones every 5 waves in a full squad it spawns less often with fewer players.  while on Sedna you need points to enter the arena the system is better and fairer with guaranteed points for a win in the other 3 arenas.  the Ambulace spawn is completely random and might spawn once in 10 waves or twice in 5.  while the drop is determined by level and guaranteed you don't know if it will spawn.  I propose that the spawn should be the end every 5th wave and only then.  this makes it a guaranteed drop and removes the frustration of the pluto boss fight. Which is one of the most fun boss fights.  this is one of the hardest bosses to farm with one of the of the most important frames locked behind it.  even the Lephantis boss fight is easier to farm with lower requirements and higher drop rates.

Please sir, it's Am-bu-las, not Am-bu-lace.

Ambulas can be gotten in any open area on pluto so you can get him pretty quickly if you listen for the sonic boom the dropship makes when coming in. Do this on any easy mission you can run quickly and repeatedly. Like the capture. And it has to be on pluto as it's the only place high enough corpus level, to have him come in on the dropship.

Defense is decent for it, if you draw out each round long enough, you can actually get it to spawn consistently within 5 waves. It's because it comes at set times in the mission and rushing through a defense quicker, means you'll see it less often if say, you're going to just 10 waves on defense.

Also bring ciphers and be quick about hacking it.

@Alcatraz I have been running defense missions the Ambulas spaw is not guaranteed with the spawn of the dropships and increases with player count I don't know if any capture missions occur outdoors.  The point still stands that the amount required and the method of acquisition do not make this fight conducive to farming or experienced players helping new ones.  last night in 10 runs of outer terminus I obtained 69 amino nav beacons in 3+ hours.  each run was 10-20 waves in 4 of the 10 runs I had more than 2 players and it was during those runs that I that I got 50 out of the 69 total beacons. ciphers are overkill, the terminal has 2-4 nodes on it and is comparable to a T1 node's override.  my point is that the spawn should be guaranteed during a defense mission to make farming the points reliable.

This is why I don't recommend Defense for Animo farming. The intervals between dropship appearances is too long and no guarantee at all that Ambulas is with it. it will frustrate you as you waste time like that, all the while enemies keep getting tankier.

Do the rescue mission on Regna, the locations you appear in that mission are dropship spawn points. It appears in <10 secs after you load in; if you see an Ambulas under it, kill it and rush the mission. If it's not there, abort and retry.  This way you face dropships with much shorter intervals.

as an addition, the best location for framing is probably Narcissus, an extermination mission on a corpus outpost.  this can be done as a solo.  Oberon makes short work of the ambulas unit with his 1 and 4+2 combo. that and he is generally a good soloing frame