Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teralyst Health?

(PSN)MrNishi

From PC update 22.0.3 : The Teralyst will now no longer be affected by Auras that manipulate its max Health and max Shields.

Is Armor not included as Max Health?

Is there an Aura Mod that simply reduces enemy health other than Shields/Armor? (I must be missing that Aura mod that reduces enemy health)

Or is Corrosive Projection working on Teralyst a bug?

(Seems weird to nerf Shield Disruption and continue to allow Corrosive Projection to be the staple Aura)*

Just want to know if it is a bug.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

15 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Seems weird to nerf Shield Disruption and continue to allow Corrosive Projection

Not really, lowering Armor "just" helps kill Eidolons a bit faster
as there's still a good chunk of Health underneath that Armor
(plus you may actually want some Armor to remain for the double Radiation weakness).

Lowering Shields, though, kind of invalidates a big part of the fight,
and if you removed all of them (4x SD + 2x Coaction Drift), you'd actually skip entire phases.

DE not letting you do that seems perfectly sensible to me. *shrug*

16 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Is Armor not included as Max Health?

I guess you're thinking of "Effective Health" here (often abbreviated to EHP), which is a (related but) different thing.

16 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Is there an Aura Mod that simply reduces enemy health

Yeah, that part was a bit weird to me also, I guess there's unreleased Auras or something they thought of there? loldunno

11 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Not really, lowering Armor "just" helps kill Eidolons a bit faster
as there's still a good chunk of Health underneath that Armor
(plus you may actually want some Armor to remain for the double Radiation weakness).

Lowering Shields, though, kind of invalidates a big part of the fight,
and if you removed all of them (4x SD + 2x Coaction Drift), you'd actually skip entire phases.

DE not letting you do that seems perfectly sensible to me. *shrug*

I guess you're thinking of "Effective Health" here (often abbreviated to EHP), which is a (related but) different thing.

Yeah, that part was a bit weird to me also, I guess there's unreleased Auras or something they thought of there? loldunno

That makes sense.

Just really through me off with the "removed Mods that effect enemy total health" as the only thing I could think of was Effective Health Pool as Armor+Health.

Yes there is still a lot of Health beneath Teralyst Armor, which is why I thought it would still be fine if Void Damage bypassed armor.

I always thought it would have made more sense to have Teralyst Shields be a new type of Shields or Health since they are already not Shields or Proto-Shields. Thus technically Shield Disruption would have no effect on Sentient Shields. (Still not sure why Oculysts don't have the same Void-vulnerable Shields of Teralysts/Spectral Vomalysts)*

4 minutes ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

Still not sure why Oculysts don't have the same Void-vulnerable Shields of Teralysts/Spectral Vomalysts

Because then you couldn't kill the ones you initially encounter during The Second Dream,
you'd have to wait until your chest beam is all charged up in the period between TSD and The War Within,
and even after that, it still takes a bit to get a proper (non-Mote, urgh) Amp.
Plus I like using stuff like Magnetize / Tigris Prime to just rip right through 'em :P

[BTW, the general term is Eidolon, Terry Teralyst is just one of those.]

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Because then you couldn't kill the ones you initially encounter during The Second Dream,
you'd have to wait until your chest beam is all charged up in the period between TSD and The War Within,
and even after that, it still takes a bit to get a proper (non-Mote, urgh) Amp.
Plus I like using stuff like Magnetize / Tigris Prime to just rip right through 'em :P

[BTW, the general term is Eidolon, Terry Teralyst is just one of those.]

The Sentient Oculysts are the Blue drones not Battalysts/Conculysts.

You cannot harm or kill the Sentient Oculysts- they are truly immortal.

I think the Oculysts should just be considered Spectral state like Edidolon Vomvalysts.