The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen freezing/stuttering on POE on high FPS

lauriebleau78

So i've had this issue since i started playing. I get decent fps on regular missions (40-60), but when i go to the plains, i also have that fps but my screen stutters a lot. Also, the opening of the gates from cetus to plains, or vice versa, takes long too but it's not an issue for me. Can someone help me? I'm playing on a laptop btw.

Win 10
Intel i3-6100 2.30Ghz
Intel HD Graphics 520 2gb
4gb RAM

2 hours ago, lauriebleau78 said:

So i've had this issue since i started playing. I get decent fps on regular missions (40-60), but when i go to the plains, i also have that fps but my screen stutters a lot. Also, the opening of the gates from cetus to plains, or vice versa, takes long too but it's not an issue for me. Can someone help me? I'm playing on a laptop btw.

Win 10
Intel i3-6100 2.30Ghz
Intel HD Graphics 520 2gb
4gb RAM

wow, I'm very sorry mate, but warframe need atleast a decent desktop,an i3, 8 gigs of ram and 1050ti with 720P monitor, especially for PoE you will need a desktop for that

29 minutes ago, -.Iridium.- said:

wow, I'm very sorry mate, but warframe need atleast a decent desktop,an i3, 8 gigs of ram and 1050ti with 720P monitor, especially for PoE you will need a desktop for that

Aww. Sucks. Guess i wont be playing in plains as often as i could. Thanks

12 hours ago, -.Iridium.- said:

Remember when they advertised potato PCs can go on Pains of Eidoload?

Ha ha! 

22 hours ago, lauriebleau78 said:

Aww. Sucks. Guess i wont be playing in plains as often as i could. Thanks

still as a gtx 1070 and 1080Ti users im quite sad that i cant acchive stable 60 FPS atleast, these two GPU cards that i have is a far greater than the games recomended settup that they have mentioned, which is kind of unacceptable for me. like wow really? do i need to put a nasa supper computer for runing warframe at stable 60 FPS ? no right?? haha

well lets hope that they will have a good optimizing game for the next updates.

sorry if my english bad, im not a native english speaker so, well sorry in advance.

On 9.4.2018 at 8:27 PM, -.Iridium.- said:

still as a gtx 1070 and 1080Ti users im quite sad that i cant acchive stable 60 FPS atleast, these two GPU cards that i have is a far greater than the games recomended settup that they have mentioned, which is kind of unacceptable for me. like wow really? do i need to put a nasa supper computer for runing warframe at stable 60 FPS ? no right?? haha

sorry if my english bad, im not a native english speaker so, well sorry in advance.

Do you have shadowplay instant replay on when playing warframe? It made my fps go under 50 and suddenly screen freezes

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:35 AM, Leetb0i said:

Do you have shadowplay instant replay on when playing warframe? It made my fps go under 50 and suddenly screen freezes

no I don't have any Ge-Force experience features on, such like shadow play or anyother background apps like MSI afterburner.

• 3 months later...

(bump)

I think the problem is that the game is running in Directx 9. POE was built upon Dx11 so it can run likes S#&$ if running just through "compatibility mode". It occured to me in WoW too, the game runs considerably more stable and faster with Dx11.

Most other areas are ok in Dx9/Dx10, albeit on the latter seems like there are more micro-stutters.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL what!? Decent PC ? i have intel core 2 duo t8300 + amd mobility 3650 and on eidolons plains Solo i have 25 fps, with party 10-15. OPs specs is much better than mine. Try to use dx10 with x64. Lower video settings .

Edited by _NeFeroN_

On 2018-04-08 at 12:26 PM, -.Iridium.- said:

That's bull mate, my 1050ti can run this game flawlessly on high-ultra at 70-120+ fps at 1080p, on PoE it can run at 60-100+ fps. Stop pulling random words mate, I had an old computer with GTX 470 (8 years old) and it ran 1080p all high (only depth of field and physX disabled) without a single drop below 50 fps 4 man party. Low end PC can run this game no problem. 

GTX 1080ti should be able to run this game at FULL 4k and Ultra everything and never drop below 60fps. Devs don't need to optimize this game anymore, they just need to fix the bugs.

Edited by iDEATH

On 2018-04-09 at 11:27 AM, -.Iridium.- said:

Your GTX 1080Ti might be a GTX 250 in disguise , lol 🤣. Idk how long you've been playing this game, even a Graphics card much worse than GTX 1050ti can run this game smooth as butter. I think I should feel sorry for you.  (GTX 1050ti + i7 can run this game even better than the video)