Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revision of all Kuva Missions Rewards needed - or drop the limit on mission numbers (so we can capture all day long)!

Toran

The Hunt for the God Roll
RNG for what most of us consider a Riven Mod God Roll is abysmal. The smarter Tenno among us have realized that long ago and know that the power is in the masses and not in the personal endeavor - they soon switched to trading and low number of rolls on cheaply bought Riven Mods. Just have a good look at the god roll Riven Mods in trade chat and you'll notice: hardly any of them have more than ten rerolls! Why? It's far more reliable to just trade the stuff than trying to force a god roll by pumping hundreds of thousands of Kuva in it, on your own.

With above in mind, it's hard to accept why farming Kuva has to be the least satisfying experience in Warframe.

• Max reroll cost is 3,500 Kuva
  • Without Resource boosters, Kuva Rewards are painfully low: the average is about 1,250 for a Kuva Flood, about 625 Kuva for a normal mission and less than 150 Kuva/min in Kuva Survival.
  • On top to the low reward, Kuva Missions are severly limited: you have one Kuva Flood per hour (without trickery) and up to five normal Kuva Siphons (with cooldowns).
  • Kuva missions have a high variance in completion times: some missions like capture can be completed in less than 3 minutes, other missions (like the assassination of Kela de Thaym) can easily take more than 10 minutes! Rewards however are untouched by mission type or time.

As experienced Kuva hunter, you can easily run out of Kuva Siphon missions, making Kuva Missions an odditiy in Warframe, where you usually can farm whatever you like without restrictions. Kuva Survival has taken a place as filler now, but is generally less lucrative while being more straining at the same time (unless you just sit around and watch a show...).

It's time that Kuva Missions see a revision:

New Standard: 10,000 Kuva per hour (or 166,66 Kuva per min, unboosted, +/- 12%)
Capture Missions, the fastest and least demanding missions, should be the reference: 4 mins for 550-700 Kuva (3 mins average + 1 min loading times and mission selection)
That's 15 (theoretical) missions per hour: with an average of 650 Kuva you'll get a total of 9,750 Kuva. Let's round it up to 10k or 166,67 Kuva/min.

Every other mission should be adapted accordingly by its lowest possible time +1 min for map change, e.g. Kuva Siphon Survival:  6 mins (5+1) = 1000 Kuva, Mobile Defense: 5 mins (4+1) =833 Kuva, Assassination of Kela de Thaym 9 mins (8+1) = 1500 Kuva etc. Kuva Floods just double the amount. Kuva Survival maps on Kuva Fortress should give 166,66 Kuva/min if no life support is used for Oxygen and Kuva production is upheld non-stop.

The limitation of mission numbers wouldn't have to be changed, just the rewards. To get the theoretical 10k Kuva per hour you'd have to go Kuva Survival directly or go there when you're done with the normal missions and you have to be on your toes from start to finish.

Wait a minute, 10k Kuva and unboosted - wouldn't that kill the market?
Hardly. a) it's not an extreme change to the current system and b) Kuva Traders spend most of their time trading, not farming, anyway. The methodists among them don't roll more than 8-10 times. For those 10k (or 20k boosted, a bit more with Smeetas) you have to be actively playing and press hard the whole time. The idea is to even out the uneven rewards for some mission types in relation to others. And believe me, 20k per hour isn't very much if you try to get a badass roll.

Extreme Example:
I managed to get a crappy multirolled (20+ times) Tiberon Riven Mod for just 400 Platinum and 5x Arcane Fury Mods (fair deal for both, I think). Now after 172 rolls, I finally got a badass roll out of it (some ruthless traders would call it godly, even):
+ 213 % damage
+ 185.2 % crit damage
+ 130.6 % multishot
- 72.6 % zoom
(Screenshot with exact numbers will follow).
That's over 600,000 Kuva I put in that single mod. If I sell it for Endo I get about 43,000 Endo, more than you need for the highest prime mod (= Legandary Core)! You can imagine it took dozens of hours to get there, not mentioning the amount of frustration when those hours of farming turned into hot air in mere seconds :sadcry:. But I'm off ok, I saw some Rivens with 250+ rolls and worse results... 

tl;dr:
Rewards in Kuva/min are highly unequal in the current system (e.g. Kuva Siphon Capture <3mins solo, Kuva Siphon Survival >5mins, and worse missions). An average of 166,66 Kuva/min (+/- 12%) should be the new goal (orientating on possible averages of the very fast Kuva Siphon Capture missions) . Rewards for harder/longer mission types should see a revision and an adequate increase in rewards.

Edited by Toran
corrected stats

I would much rather the ability to lock in a stat. (Not the percentage) But the actual type of buff/debuff

Once you lock in a stat however, that mod becomes untradable. This will give use something to work towards.

After you lock in a stat, the percentage of that stat can change based on the other buffs/debuffs rolled.

I would really love a system like this.

As to the amount of kuva, This really does need to be adjusted, either via scaling in the endless or not locking out floods to every hour.

On the note of floods, farming level 30 missions as an experienced and well geared player is just incredibly tedious and boring. The level 100 floods are the only content in the game that feels somewhat balanced and engaging from the get go, but we're limited to ~5 minutes of this gameplay per hour. That itself is ridiculous.

As for rolling rivens, it's an entirely futile endeavour anyway. As the OP says trading is the only meaningful way to acquire good rivens, there is no gameplay value in this system. 

Something needs to be done so that rerolling rivens actually seems worth it, so that there is some sense of achievement and progression. I'm not saying it should be easier, but significantly less random. As it is you can get a nice roll on your 3rd attempt, or absolutely nothing after 500+ rolls. This happened to me and I stopped playing the game for 6 months, and rightly so. It's #*!%ing absurd that you can invest so much into something and get nothing in return. There is so much wrong with this, I don't even know where to begin.

There are many ways that some moderation of the RNG could be balanced. Exponentially increasing kuva costs with locked stats, big kuva payments to lock stats, new rare consumable resources that allow locking or modifying stats, etc. etc.

Edited by Mudfam

On 11/04/2018 at 7:08 PM, Mudfam said:

There are many ways that some moderation of the RNG could be balanced. Exponentially increasing kuva costs with locked stats, big kuva payments to lock stats, new rare consumable resources that allow locking or modifying stats, etc. etc.

Making it cost 1 Riven Transmuter per locked stat each roll, would be a good resource to use and to encourage eidolon fights outside of people after getting 2 sets of all arcanes or arcane traders.

14 hours ago, fluffysnowcap said:

Making it cost 1 Riven Transmuter per locked stat each roll, would be a good resource to use and to encourage eidolon fights outside of people after getting 2 sets of all arcanes or arcane traders.

might not be easily to implement into the code, but i do like your idea.

as for the amount of kuva one can get, i think it's enough the way it is (i sure can't complain with about 150k kuva in store and 90 riven of which most are fine with the stats i have on them) - which reminds me to demand more riven-space! i want one riven available to me for every weapon in the game! seriously DE, don't argue with something like server-space when all of those data are mere text in a database... even with some million user that is laughable little storage capacity (and yes, i did calculated the approximate amount needed - it's my job afterall to do such things).

• 3 months later...