Energy - 100 (300 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed - 1.15

Polarities - Vazarin PolMadurai Pol

Exilus Polarities - None

Aura Polarities - Naramon Pol

Abilities

Spoiler

Energy   Solar Rush

25       Astraea rushes forward, phasing through enemies and stealing their essence.

Key

Ability Details

Spoiler

After hitting 25 enemies with Solar Rush, Astraea gains additive armor equal to her Base Armor multiplied by ((33% of Current_Melee_Combo_Counter)/1000). When Star Fusion is active, every enemy hit by Solar Rush increases Astraea’s max energy by 2. While Galactic Nursery is active this ability reduces melee combo counter by 10. Can be cast while in the air once.

Strength:

250 impact damage

Duration:

N/A

Range:

15m

Misc

33% Armor Multiplier

2 Melee Combo Counter Reduction

2 Max Energy Gain

·          Armor Multiplier Increased  by Ability Strength

·         Max Energy Gain not affected by Ability Strength

·         Melee Combo Reduction not affected by Ability Strength

·         Armor is additive and permanent unless lost by Essence Thief.

·         Gain 1 stack of Essence Thief for Every enemy hit by Solar Rush.

Solar Rush does not replenish energy, it merely raises the Maximum Cap of Astraea's Energy Reserves

Energy   Star Fusion

50       Astraea begins the process of fusion within her, turning the essence stolen from enemies into pure energy for her and her allies.

Key

Ability Details

Spoiler

Astraea glows golden for 12 seconds increasing attack speed by 35% and loses 50 stacks of Essence Thief. During this period, all impact status effects caused by Astraea's melee weapon and Galactic Nursery increase the damage bonus of her Key 2 ability, Star Fusion.  After these 10 seconds of increased attack speed, Astraea releases her stored energy, losing her attack speed buff and as well as another 50 Essence Thief stacks, but grants a melee weapon damage buff to all allies in range. During all instances of this ability Astraea’s melee weapon hits steal the essence of enemies, granting her a stack of Essence Thief for every melee hit. All impact status effects caused by Galactic Nursery and Astraea’s melee weapon, while she has increased attack speed as a result of her Key 2 ability Star Fusion, increase Star Fusion’s melee weapon damage buff by 1%.

Strength:

35% Attack Speed

35% Melee Weapon Damage Buff

1 Stack of Essence Thief for Every Melee Hit

Duration:

12 second Attack Speed Duration

25 second Melee Weapon Buff Duration

Range:

20m

Misc:

Melee Weapon Damage Buff Increase by 1% for every 1 impact status proc caused by Galactic Nursery and Melee Weapon

·         Melee Weapon Damage Buff increases by 1%,  for every 1 impact status proc caused by Galactic Nursery and Astraea’s melee weapon, is not affected by ability strength.

·         Attack Speed Buff and Melee Buff duration are affected by Ability Duration.

·         Attack Speed Buff and Melee Buff are affected Ability Strength

·         Gains 1 stack of Essence Thief for every enemy killed by Astraea’s melee weapon. This is not affected by mods.

Cannot be recast while active

Cast animation time of 1 second affected by natural talent

Energy   Galactic Nursery

10       Astraea molds the stored essence of enemies into stars that orbit her.

Key

Ability Details

Spoiler

Astraea deals 150 Impact damage with 15% status chance to all enemies within range once every three seconds to enemies in the outer ring, and once every one second to enemies within the inner ring. The rate at which enemies are hit scales with weapon attack speed and increases the closer they are to Astraea. While Galactic Nursery is active, 0.5 energy is drained per second for each enemy caught within her Galactic Nursery. Energy Cost  of Galaxy Nursery is increased by 1% for every melee combo counter and the status chance of Galactic Nursery is increased by .0005% of Galactic Nursery's base status chance for every melee combo counter. Consumes 2 Essence Thief stacks every 1 second.

Strength:

150 impact damage

15% status chance.

Duration:

N/A

Range:

16m

1.5/1.0/0.5 Energy Drain Per Enemy

·         The rate at which enemies are hit by Galactic Nursery decreases with distance

·         Stack Consumption can be increased by increasing ability strength. Damage is affected by Ability Strength. Status Chance is not affected by Ability Strength.

·         The aura itself is divided into 3 subsequent “rings”, each 1/3 of the total radius of ability.

·         The rate at which enemies are hit is increased by 200% of listed melee weapon attack speed for the inner ring, while the outer most aura is increased by 50% of listed melee weapon attack speed. The middle aura being increased by the listed melee weapon attack speed.

·         Energy Siphon is not deactivated while enemies are within Astraea’s Galactic Nursery.

·         Energy can still be gained from Energy Orbs, Limbo's Rift Plane, Trinity's Energy Vampire, and Energy Restores while enemies are within the aura.

·         Aura radius is visibly determined by asteroids and space stuff orbiting Astraea, the smaller objects being located in the center while the larger objects are found at the circumference.

·         Cast delay of 1.25 seconds is affected by Natural Talent.

Galactic Nursery Costs 25 Initial Essence Thief Stacks.

Energy   Universal Fervor

0        Astraea sings a hymn for the universe.

Key

Ability Details

Spoiler

Astraea sings a hymn for 10 seconds, granting 300% increased bullet jump for her and her allies in range. Astraea depletes her current energy reserves, draining 100% of her Current_Energy over 8 seconds. After Astraea has finished her hymn of valor, she is overcome by Universal Fervor, allowing all elemental status procs caused by melee hits to increase the melee combo counter by 1 for Astraea and her allies in affinity range. While Astraea sings, and while she is overcome with Universal Fervor, all essence Astraea collects is rerouted, instead of granting her an Essence Thief stack Astraea gains 1% of her Max Energy while she is overcome by Universal Fervor.

Strength:

300%           Bullet Jump

1/1/1             Increase Melee Combo Counter

Duration:

3/5/8         Energy Drain Duration

16/24/32    Fervor Duration

Range: 50m (Affinity Range)

·         Energy Drain Duration affected by Ability Duration

·         Total Energy Drain is not affected by Ability Strength, Ability duration, Ability Efficiency, or Astaea's Passive: Essence Thief

·         Max Energy gain is affected by Ability Strength

·         Melee Combo Counter increase is affected by Ability Strength

·         Bullet Jump is affected by Ability Strength

Cannot be recast while active

Cannot be cast while at or below 25% of Max energy

Cast animation time of 3 seconds affected by natural talent

Passive

Spoiler

Passive: Essence Thief

Essence Thief is a resource unique to Astraea, indicated by its counter and gauge displayed in the lower-right on the HUD, above the ability icons.

Passive Details

Spoiler

Upon hitting one or more enemies via Solar Rush, or Killing Enemies with a melee weapon while Star Fusion is active, the Essence Thief counter increases by 1. Astraea Gains 1% ability efficiency for every 1 stack, capping at 100% Ability Efficiency at 100 stacks. If Astraea reaches 175 stacks, she immediately begins to Destabilize.

·         Solar Rush is not Required to deal damage to enemies, only scoring hits is needed to increase Essence Thief Stacks

·         Essence Thief stacks are stored until used by the player or Astraea Destabilizes.

·         Ability-nullifying enemies such as Nullifier Crewmen will drain 1 Essence Thief stack every 2 seconds, ramping up the drain rate the longer Astraea remains in their radius.

·         Up to a Maximum of 175 stacks can be stored.

·         Galactic Nursery Costs 25 stacks to activate.

Destabilization Details

Spoiler

If Astraea reaches her Maximum Essence Thief stacks, her body begins to Destabilize.When Astraea reaches 175 stacks, all Ability Efficiency that was gained by Essence Thief is lost immediately. Astraea’s Essence Thief stacks begin to deplete 19 stacks every 1 second and all armor gained by Solar Rush is lost at the rate of 17% armor for every 20% of stacks lost over the course of 8 seconds. Astraea will lose 85% of her total Solar Rush armor bonus as a result of Essence Thief’s Destabilization. Solar Rush cannot be activated while Astraea Destabilizes.

·         Essence Thief has no interaction with Ability Duration, Ability Efficiency, Ability Range, or Ability Strength.

Explanations of Synergies between abilities.

Spoiler

Ability Synergy for Essence Thief and Solar Rush

Spoiler

The theme behind this idea is resource management. Managing Energy, Essence Thief Stacks, and even the Melee combo counter.

Lets start with the Astraea's Passive Essence Thief

Essence Thief: Upon hitting one or more enemies via Solar Rush, or Killing Enemies with a melee weapon while Star Fusion is active, the Essence Thief counter increases by 1. Astraea Gains 1% ability efficiency for every 1% of stacks, capping at 100% Ability Efficiency.

Astraea needs some way to gain stacks, I have put this mechanic into Solar Rush as a constant way to attain Essence Thief Stacks. I enjoy the stacking mechanic because its another resource that must be managed vs other resources. Because of this philosophy of resource management, Solar Rush also depletes the combo counter when used. In effect, making you trade progress toward the combo counter for Essence Thief stacks.

If Astraea reaches her Maximum Essence Thief stacks, her body begins to Destabilize.When Astraea reaches 150 stacks, all Ability Efficiency that was gained by Essence Thief is lost immediately. Astraea’s Essence Thief stacks begin to deplete 19 stacks every 1 second and all armor gained by Solar Rush is lost at the rate of 17% for every 20% of stacks lost over the course of 8 seconds. Astraea will lose 85% of her total Solar Rush armor bonus as a result of Essence Thief’s destabilization. Solar Rush cannot be activated during this period.

This is where resource management comes into play. Solar Rush allows the player to increase their armor which is Astraea's survival mechanic. If you want to survive, you got to hit people with Solar Rush, if you hit people with Solar Rush you gain stacks, gain too many stacks, then you lose your survivability. So the player must manage how often and how many enemies are hit with Solar Rush and not just spam the ability.  That is the Synergy between Essence Thief and Solar Rush.

Ability Synergy for Star Fusion and Galactic Nursery

Spoiler

This one should be more straightforward, Star Fusion's melee damage buff is increased by an additive 1% every time Galactic Nursery procs the impact status effect. The faster Galactic Nursery Spins around you, and the more enemies that are around you, and the higher the status chance of Galactic Nursery, the higher Star Fusion's melee damage buff will be.

Ability Synergy for Solar Rush, Universal Fervor, and Galactic Nursery

Spoiler

Because the Combo Counter increase the status chance of Galactic Nursery, getting the combo counter high enough to achieve proccing Impact Status for Galactic Nursery will result in more damage for Star Fusion. Universal Fervor's ability to allow all elemental damage status procs created by your melee weapon to increase the combo multiplier is very beneficial towards this end as well, this interaction was inspired by the mod Relentless Combination.

However, increasing the combo multiplier also increase the energy cost of Galactic Nursery and because Galactic Nursery works on a energy per enemy basis if players are not careful this ability can short them of all their energy quickly with a high combo counter, especially if it is used while near many enemies. As Galactic Nursery can reach above 100% increase on Energy consumption. While the combo counter depletes on its own, making the player stop using melee attacks was off putting. So I added a manual way to deplete the combo multiplier within the ability Solar Rush. Which, in affect, gives players control over the cost of Galactic Nursery. Again, managing the Melee Combo Counter as a resource that can either help the players, or hinder them if they are not careful.

Change Log(s)*

Spoiler

Added "Cannot be Recast while active" to Universal Fervor and Star Fusion Changed 4/12/2018

Changed Status Chance Increase from 1%  per melee combo counter to .0005% per Melee Combo Counter for Galactic Nursery Changed 4/12/18

Galactic Nursery's status chance is no longer affected by Ability Strength Changed 4/12/2018

Added "Cannot Be Cast if Below 25% Energy" to Universal Fervor Changed 4/12/2018

Changed Galactic Nursery Stack Consumption from (3 stacks every 5 seconds) to (2 stacks every 1 second) Changed 4/12/2018

Changed inner/outer ring % for Galactic Nursery. Was [100% < X% < 250%] for the inner ring, now 200%. Was [25% < X% < 100%] for outer ring, now 50%. Changed 4/12/2018

Added detail "Galactic Nursery Costs 25 Initial Essence Thief Stacks" under Galactic Nursery Ability Description. Changed 4/12/2018

Corrections in Ability Details and Ability Synergies Changed 6/24/2018

Increased Maximum Essence Thief Stacks from 150 to 175 Changed 6/24/2018

Changed Essence Thief Passive from "give 1% ability efficiency per 1% of stacks" to "give 1% ability efficiency per 1 stack" Changed 6/24/2018

Increased Key 2 ability Star Fusion's attack speed duration from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.Changed 6/24/2018

Added Essence Thief stack depletion to Key 2 Ability Star Fusion. 50 Essence Thief Stacks are now lost upon Ability Cast and 50 are lost again when transitioning from attack speed buff into melee damage buff for a total of 100 Essence Thief stacks lost. Changed 6/24/2018

Changed armor bonus calculations for Key 1 Ability Solar Rush from ((33% of Current_Melee_Combo_Counter)/100) to ((33% of Current_Melee_Combo_Counter)/1000) Changed 8/10/2018

Extra Background Notes for those into that.        

Spoiler

Here are some pictures that help me understand what Astraea feels like.

Spoiler

Astraea from  the Astraea Wiki Page

Salvatore_Rosa_005.jpg

Spoiler

Sheska from FullMetal Alchemist

1445050794-d07725c11769375cbca61f2c86d0c

Spoiler

Brynhildr: a shieldmaiden and a Valkyrie in Germanic Mythology , where she appears as a main character in the Völsunga saga and some Eddic poems

Brynhildr_by_Robert_Engels.jpg

Spoiler

Lady Justice

lady-justice.gif

Spoiler

Blessed Virgin Mary Madonna Lilies Garden Statue

41uM2w8RQ+L._SY355_.jpg

Spoiler

Demeter (Left) holding a young child (right)

demeter-and-demophoon.jpg

Spoiler

Bertha Boynton Lum, Fox women, 1908

600px-Bertha_Boynton_Lum,_Fox_women,_190

Spoiler

Tamamo-no-Mae, a legendary kitsune featured in noh and kyogen plays. Print by YoS#&amp;&#036;oshi

Tamamo-no-mae-woodblock.jpg

I hope these images can show a glimpse into the totality of what Astraea, Maiden of the Stars, feels like.

Edited by Cibyllae

....so null star, and a variation of octavia's ultimate for two of your abilities. I like the general idea, but its not a very well put together idea if you ask me. that....and i think you only have 3 abilities up there. Might want to smooth out what you've put up, and perhaps explain some of those abilities a bit. 

11 hours ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

....so null star, and a variation of octavia's ultimate for two of your abilities. I like the general idea, but its not a very well put together idea if you ask me. that....and i think you only have 3 abilities up there. Might want to smooth out what you've put up, and perhaps explain some of those abilities a bit. 

First I want to thank you for replying, been waiting for the first reply since I put this out. But, I am not aware of what you are comparing to Nova's Null Star ability. I think you're comparing Octavia's Amp to Star Fusion? If that is this case, I would have to say you're right that it is a variation, though, I think it is a quality of damage buffs that they be variations of each other. Its clear the ability doesn't sit right with you and that's okay, but I need more details about what puts you off about this ability more than what you have given me. As for the other ability, cut and dry, I just don't understand why you are comparing Universal Fervor to Amp. I am not opposed to the idea that Universal Fervor is a variation of Amp, like before, I just need more details. I'll be sure to put an explanation of the abilities as their synergy may not be as apparent as I thought they were

Edited by Cibyllae