Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Birb Prime Is Already Extinct

Chronometria

When you designed something to be different, there's no guarantee that it would be as accepted/popular as the others. It doesn't mean it's failed. It just means it's not popular. It's a failed design only of DE designed her to be popular.

Also, her rework was just very recently introduced. Oberon's rework was done a while ago. And only recently the player base started warming up to him. It was even longer during Saryn's rework where a first 6 months or so the general consensus was that she's DOA and much worse than before. The meta changes over time and with introductions of new contents.

54 minutes ago, JalakBali said:

Also, her rework was just very recently introduced. Oberon's rework was done a while ago. And only recently the player base started warming up to him. It was even longer during Saryn's rework where a first 6 months or so the general consensus was that she's DOA and much worse than before. The meta changes over time and with introductions of new contents.

A lot of people still say Oberon is bad, but his inclusion in the Tricap meta seems to have bought him some street cred.  IMO Oberon has been good for a long time.

Saryn is a good case study in how popular opinion is typically way behind and totally uninformed in this game.  Her Miasma bug went largely unnoticed for years before exploding in popularity, and the reaction to her "nerf" brought out the worst in peoples' attitudes while revealing their true objectives.

16 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

A lot of people still say Oberon is bad, but his inclusion in the Tricap meta seems to have bought him some street cred.  IMO Oberon has been good for a long time.

Saryn is a good case study in how popular opinion is typically way behind and totally uninformed in this game.  Her Miasma bug went largely unnoticed for years before exploding in popularity, and the reaction to her "nerf" brought out the worst in peoples' attitudes while revealing their true objectives.

I started a new account recently and managed to build Oberon as my third frame. He is very, very good. Energy management can be tricky but he is a solid frame for all mission types. He was considered terrible before the rework simply because none of his powers were more effective than other frames' powers. But now they're strong enough that his entire kit is very useful.

Saryn is a case study where the playerbase would jump the gun and declare a change to be terrible before actual investigations. These kinds of scenarios are what made the devs keep a skeptical eye to community outrage to proposed changes. I admit, I did the same thing for a couple of days when they nerfed Excalibur's Exalted Blade. But the nerf was more for people who would hide behind terrain and use EB with impunity. It didn't affect Excal players who are active. After testing it, I found the change to not affect me that much. Saryn's case is more severe since her previous play style of "just press 4" is now very different. But the community condemned it based on "just press 4" playstyle. Once the playstyle was adjusted, she is now a much stronger frame than before.

In short, I'm just saying it's not good to jump the gun.

10 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Obi is awesome!

love his team-utility :)