The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Waypoints

Justin_Case001

Player-placed waypoints need to point to the absolute objective, not the nearest staircase.  If someone marks a module that's right in front of my face, where all I'd have to do is drop straight down off a platform, don't drag me backward through half the map to some stupid ramp!  Just point to the module!

Hell yes. I've talked about this with my friends so many times.

The marker should point towards the exit in the current tile. Tell me where I need to get and I'll get there. I'll manage. I can jump and wallrun, I don't want to take the lousy stairs. Stop making me dizzy changing the marker every 2 steps I take.

It does its job  to direct you to the objective

Agreed, it's perfect in my opinion (minus the very little bugs from time to time), if you don't know the shortest way, then follow the waypoint (same story for objective) it will always do it's job.

Look, as an exemple I'd like to tell you something that sometimes happens to me in the void towers:

When me and my team mates are searching for secret rooms we often split, each one of us going in a different direction so we find them faster...

Sometimes you are sooooo far away from your buddies that they won't appear on the minimap when trying to regroup when one of us has found something.

Trust me, if this waypoint didn't work this way, it would take "hours" to be able to find your way (also imagine if you are the one who found it and you got to wait....), especially when a box has been broken accidently b4 all squad is there and a mod drops  (they disapear after a certain amount of time).

In this kind of situation, your thankfull it works this way ;)

So yeah, sometimes it might be stupid but it does its job after all.

Please forgive my english, doing my best here..

Edited by S4lF

I think it should be a feature that could be turned on and off.  Default would have mapping on.  This will help new players that do not know the tile sets get to the markers.  Turning it off would be a blessing to those players with experience that just want to parkour their way to the mod in the fastest time possible.  I see this a lot with the Grineer Galleon Defense Tile Set.  

Bump. I try to raise attention to this before, hope this time it get noticed :\

No more path-finding waypoint, you won't be able to reach it from 4 tiles away before it disappears anyway, you just need the general direction to follow.

Also there is a bug: you can RARELY mark "Module" waypoint while being the host.

Hell yes. I've talked about this with my friends so many times.

The marker should point towards the exit in the current tile. Tell me where I need to get and I'll get there. I'll manage. I can jump and wallrun, I don't want to take the lousy stairs. Stop making me dizzy changing the marker every 2 steps I take.

We all have been noobs at first (one of my fav sayings^^), remember that ;)

If you don't know the map well, good luck!

Sure it still needs to be improved a little bit and I'm sure it will be, but it's ok the way it works.

Another exemple, rushing the corpus void without it in the last event... well, we'd have spent way more time trying to find the shortest way to those scouts, that's for sure, no time to waste in this other case ;)

Sometimes you are sooooo far away from your buddies that they won't appear on the minimap when trying to regroup when one of us as found something.

Trust me, if this waypoint didn't work this way, it would take "hours" to be able to find your way (also imagine if you are the one who found it and you got to wait....), especially when a box has been broken accidently b4 all squad is there and a mod drops  (they disapear after a certain amount of time).

In this kind of situation, your thankfull it works this way ;)

Green teammate dots will always appear even when they're far far away, unless it is obscured by main objective marker (SOLUTION: put main objective marker on lower layer, it is bigger anyway)

Green teammate dots will always appear even when they're far far away

Well I don't know what to say appart from yes it can disapear, I'm talking about faaarfarrrfarrrr away, and even more than that :P

And not hidden by the objective of course, maybe you haven't been far away enough;)

Edited by S4lF

Agreed, the way I learned to navigate most rooms was to specifically ignore the confusing waypoints because they were more of a hindrance than a help. At the very least allow us to turn the waypoints from "babysitter waypoint" "true objective waypoints" in the options menu please.

We all have been noobs at first (one of my fav sayings^^), remember that ;)

If you don't know the map well, good luck!

Sure it still needs to be improved a little bit and I'm sure it will be, but it's ok the way it works.

Another exemple, rushing the corpus void without it in the last event... well, we'd have spent way more time trying to find the shortest way to those scouts, that's for sure, no time to waste in this other case ;)

You say that, but the thing I found is that when I was new those waypoints confused the hek out of me and I had to learn to navigate without waypoints because the minimap was leading me on a magical mystery tour.

Let me restate that for emphasis; these waypoints are so confusing that when I was learning the layout of the map, they made it considerably harder for me.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

Well I don't know what to say appart from yes it can disapear, I'm talking about faaarfarrrfarrrr away, and even more than that :P

And not hidden by the objective of course, maybe you haven't been far away enough;)

In that case.. it's more likely that you won't reach the location before the drop disappear anyway :9

Green teammate dots will always appear even when they're far far away, unless it is obscured by main objective marker (SOLUTION: put main objective marker on lower layer, it is bigger anyway)

Not always. There's been times when the game buggers up and doesn't show the dot for my teammate, even when he's running around in the same room as I am. Even with leaving the tile and re-entering doesn't show the dot.

This is on any planet/void mission. Periodic, and annoying.