The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Anybody Else Have Problems With 4Core Cpu's?

WingsOfGryphin

I have seriously FPS lags, i don't know if it's my PC problem or is it seriously a problem with the game. 

I know that the culrpit is not the GPU because FPS doesn't change when tweaking GPU related settings and resolution only changes the fps by less than 10
      - AMD Radeon 7850 HD Sapphire - 4GB (2 dedicated / 2 shared)  memory with 1200 MHz mem clock speed and 860 MHz GPU speed. 

Does any of you, that have 4 core CPU's have problems with FPS lags? 
     - Intel® Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

During Void T3 (hosting) had 20 - 30 FPS and task manager showed that only 1st and 4th core were pretty high 60 - 70%. 2nd and 3rd core where about 20% 

Yes, I was just about to post something on this. Had the same fps lag last night after the update. Normally I would have zero lag, but last night a wave 10 Xini was unbearably laggy.

AMD Radeon 7850 HD 1gb (OC'd)

AMD Phenom II x4 (OC'd)  (Also a 4-core)

Thought I may have fried my Radeon, but it worked perfectly in the new Tomb Raider.

I'm sure other people have had this problem.

Does it lag on other games? or on warframe only?

How's your CPU/GPU temp.while playing? hot or not?

There could be something wrong with your rig OR just a malware/virus doing stuff.

Just Warframe, all other games run the same as before. Temps were not crazy for me. Pretty sure it's not the rig, as it performs normally everywhere else.

This may not be related, but I did notice that blur was turned back on, on its own and that the texture details were set to medium after I am 100% sure that blur has always been off and textures on max.

Warframe could be unoptimized. 

But i think i found my problem - PSU. 

didn't pay attention that it was 550 W... F*** me... 500 is already recommended for my GPU without counting CPU / Ram / Fans... =.=" (facepalm) 

Did Warframe run correctly in the past though?

Edit:

I looked it up and the HD 7850 should only draw about 300Watts when gaming so we might wanna see if the problem lies elsewhere.

Edited by Ace_Player

So, I asked my friend about this and he said it could be a possible card compatibility problem. 

Do you guys know any nvidia card user experiencing this same issue?

Just now my GPU stopped responding then VPU recover came up a few times. FPS dropped, freezed a few seconds then went back to normal after VPU recover activated.

If warframe has always been this way for you then it is your system at fault.

If it has recently started it may be related to warframe.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/94711-void-room-lag-since-update-95/

After reading your post I decided to start a thread on a similar frame lag issue I am experiencing since update 9.5 in the void in a specific room.

I know new textures have been added to the void so I know something has been done which may have made the void have frame lag.

My system specs are somewhat similar:-

Intel i5 2500K with HD7870.

So, I asked my friend about this and he said it could be a possible card compatibility problem. 

Do you guys know any nvidia card user experiencing this same issue?

Just now my GPU stopped responding then VPU recover came up a few times. FPS dropped, freezed a few seconds then went back to normal after VPU recover activated.

Highly unlikely a card compatibility problem unless your card is very old, has low virtual memory amongst other things.

Here's a couple of threads with nVidia GPU owners have the same problems as AMD card owners.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53378-game-crash-repeatedly-causes-gfx-driver-to-crash/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93376-sign-here-if-you-use-nvidia-gtx-card-and-crash-all-the-time/

Edited by VER1

Highly unlikely a card compatibility problem unless your card is very old, has low virtual memory amongst other things.

Here's a couple of threads with nVidia GPU owners have the same problems as AMD card owners.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53378-game-crash-repeatedly-causes-gfx-driver-to-crash/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93376-sign-here-if-you-use-nvidia-gtx-card-and-crash-all-the-time/

That sums it up then. Warframe is at fault.

Warframe uses up to 70-80% on my Intel Q9550 2.8 Ghz. I play the game maxed in 1080p on a  GTX 560 Ti 1 GB, with Physx on. 

If I play the game on my laptop which has a 2.5 GHz Nehalem i3, low or max, Physx on or off, it doesn't matter, the game uses at max 25%.

Your guesses are as good as mine ....

Windows 8 x64, if it matters.

Edited by Cryio

5 year old computer, used to get ~40FPS anywhere except infested missions, Bloom and FOD disabled (because I like actually being able to see around me without blinding bright lights).

9.5 goes live and I can't even run through my Clanhall without noticeable FPS drops.

Earlier today I logged on just to pick up a new Mutagen Mass resource and my Vauban was running fast a few steps then slowing down, running fast, slowing down, the "screen" (viewing area) noticably dragging, looked like about 20FPS or so.

IN THE FREAKING CLAN DOJO.

I mean, seriously?

Clan Dojo?

I run Phenom 9750 Quad-Core 2.40Ghz with 8GB of RAM with Win7 64-bit. GPU card is a Radeon HD 5670.

Edited by Xylia

I've been having intermittent slowdown problems since I started playing several months ago.

It doesn't seem to be dependent on location or number of enemies. Sometimes the slowdowns come and go, and other times they can persist for the duration of a mission.

My hardware breaks down like this:

Warframe runs from a 72GB Second Gen Intel SSD.

Motherboard is an aging ASUS M3N72-D, but it mounts all my hardware and hasn't been a bottleneck so far.

Dual nVidia GeForce GTX460s, totaling 2GB GDDR5 VRAM.

-These both run at a manufacturer overclock - 850MHz Core, 1700MHz Shader.

CPU is a PhenomII X4 955, 3.2GHz by 4 cores.

-Stock clock here.

My OS is Win7 Professional 64-bit, with 8GB installed RAM at 1066MHz.

It's not a screaming fast setup, and it's a little kludgy since it gets upgraded one or two parts at a time. That said, I'm very surprised to see such severe slowdown even at lower resolutions with all the fancy boxes checked off. This is a machine that, in my experience, runs graphically demanding games with headroom to spare.

I'm starting to suspect that CPU underutilization is partly to blame here, but I couldn't say much more than that. I've tried fiddling with Warframe's process priority and affinity, but I haven't found any magic setting that solves the slowdown.

Overclocked 3770k (4GHz) here, no problems.It's worth mentioning that quad i7s have hyperthreading, while quad i5s don't (others have said that this has nothing to do with the problem, and they know more than me, so I guess it doesn't). Also, I don't have a 7xxx series GPU, but Warframe ran fine on my old 6850, and it runs more than fine on my current 780.

TL;DR It could be the 7xxx GPU or it could be only having 4 threads in your CPU, because I've never had a problem with 8.

Just remembered, a friend of mine plays WF and he has a 3570k. He doesn't have any problems, so it's probably the 7xxx GPUs.

Edited by Hiraldo

why FPS lag ?

Isn't it better to say "low FPS" due to "currently" mutithreading unoptimized Evolution Engine ?

Lag (+ high ping) in warframe is caused by peer2peer type of multiplayer hosting.

Maybe even one client with poor interent performance can cause lag problems to other players (including to host)

why FPS lag ?

Isn't it better to say "low FPS" due to "currently" mutithreading unoptimized Evolution Engine ?

Lag (+ high ping) in warframe is caused by peer2peer type of multiplayer hosting.

Maybe even one client with poor interent performance can cause lag problems to other players (including to host)

He means stuttering and overall low/inconsistent FPS, a lot of people call it lag even though it isn't actually lag or lag related.

Keep in mind I have hyperthreading, which effectively turns my quad core into an eight-core. i5 quads and AMD CPUs don't have any such tech, so that may be related to the problem.

Hyper-threading isn't the same as doubling up on physical cores, and even if it was, it would not matter for Warframe.

Warframe's big problem is that it only loads one thread significantly.

Overclocked 3770k (4GHz) here, no problems. Keep in mind I have hyperthreading, which effectively turns my quad core into an eight-core.

not really, you still have 4 cores and higher clock almost always helps

hyperthreading gives 0-20% performance gain depending on programs/software used.

and my bad:

I meant Evolution Engine is still not fully optimized for multi-cores.

I didn't mean Intel's hyperthreading, I meant on "even and full use" of all CPUs cores that are available.

(excuse my english)

Edited by Strac_CRO

Warframe does not make use of Hyperthreading like many other game titles out there.

It will treat an i7 like a qua core processor.

The issue is most likely to do with the game itself in it's current state and how it interacts with specific graphics cards.

Some people with 7xxx series cards are having spotty performance issues.

Some people with GTX6xx series cards are having spotty performance issues it appears.

My system never had fps lag in this game until the 9.5 patch and the fps lag is isolated to a specific room in the void.

The kind of lag I am getting is exactly like when DE first implemented the Corpus shuttles coming into land at the docking bay.

FPS lag chugging movement.

Hyper-threading isn't the same as doubling up on physical cores, and even if it was, it would not matter for Warframe.

Warframe's big problem is that it only loads one thread significantly.

No, it isn't, but it does double the threads the CPU can process at one time (I think), which, like you said, shouldn't matter since few games utilize more than 4 cores anyways. I merely mentioned it because the thread was about quad cores, and most/all of the mentioned CPUs don't have hyperthreading.

not really, you still have 4 cores and higher clock almost always helps

hyperthreading gives 0-20% performance gain depending on programs/software used.

and my bad:

I meant Evolution Engine is still not fully optimized for multi-cores.

I didn't mean Intel's hyperthreading, I meant on "even and full use" of all CPUs cores that are available.

(excuse my english)

Same as above, I'm aware and was merely putting it out there as a possible cause. I'm no expert on the evolution engine, so I wouldn't know.

Edited by Hiraldo

You are wrong Hiraldo.

New Ivy Bridge intel i5 cpus have hyperthreading. New i5 is exactly same as i7. Just a small diference that doesnt affect Warframe.

Ivy Bridge i7 has 8 hyperthreading cores.

i5 has 4 hyperthreading cores. Some applications take advantage from this but 99% of games not.

I have a i5-3570k.

If you want to know more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivy_Bridge_(microarchitecture)

And yes...

I am have trouble with random frame rate drops. No reason. Sometimes happens. Very weird.

I can say for sure, this isn't my computer. 

Edited by IronRushBR

You are wrong Hiraldo.

New Ivy Bridge intel i5 cpus have hyperthreading. New i5 is exactly same as i7. ...

Ivy Bridge i7 has 8 hyperthreading cores .i5 has 4 hyperthreading cores. ...

i5 has hyperthreading disabled and smaller L3 caches

Edited by Strac_CRO