The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Anybody Else Have Problems With 4Core Cpu's?

WingsOfGryphin

hyperthreading gives 0-20% performance gain depending on programs/software used.

I've seen anywhere from -5% to +50%, personally.

i5 has hyperthreading disabled and smaller L3 caches

Yes, no HT on desktop i5s.

A few laptop/mobile i5s are dual-core, hyperthreaded, parts however.

No, it isn't, but it does double the threads the CPU can process at one time (I think)

Yes.

You are right Strac. My bad here guys.

i5 has hyperthreading disabled and smaller L3 caches

These is the difference between the 2 models.

But for games, hyperthreading do nothing in 99% of the games. Almost every GAME benchmark 3570 vs 3770 performance is almost the same.

Edited by IronRushBR

It does generally seem as if Warframe runs crap on i5s and fine on i7s, judging by most posts I've read on this forum. I have an old i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz and while it is significantly slower than newer i5s it doesn't actually seem like new i5s run Warframe much better than my PC. Most seem to have the same symptoms as I do 30-40 fps when hosting 60+ when not (I use vsync so not sure what I'd really get when not hosting)

Your graphics card seem to have next to no impact on performance, as long as its relatively decent, I got an Gtx 560 Ti and the game runs pretty much the same no matter what my graphics settings are. For whatever reasons Warframe is extremely CPU dependent, seems like it wants lots and lots of cores and/or hyperthreading even if it doesn't utilize them very well.

Edited by Mikki79

It does generally seem as if Warframe runs crap on i5s and fine on i7s, judging by most posts I've read on this forum. I have an old i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz and while it is significantly slower than newer i5s it doesn't actually seem like new i5s run Warframe much better than my PC. Most seem to have the same symptoms as I do 30-40 fps when hosting 60+ when not (I use vsync so not sure what I'd really get when not hosting)

Your graphics card seem to have next to no impact on performance, as long as its relatively decent, I got an Gtx 560 Ti and the game runs pretty much the same no matter what my graphics settings are. For whatever reasons Warframe is extremely CPU dependent, seems like it wants lots and lots of cores and/or hyperthreading even if it doesn't utilize them very well.

I have 2 devices i play warframe on.

A laptop with an i7 2670QM, + GTX560M 3GB DDR5,  and a desktop with a Core 2 Quad Q8300 + GTX650 2GB DDR3.

Warframe runs quite bad on my i7 2670QM with GTX560M 3GB DDR5, but runs really smooth on my Core 2 Quad Q8300 with GTX650 2GB DDR3. Its FPS is quite bad on the i7, it goes from 70 to 20 and back to 70 from time to time. On my Core 2 Quad it is constantly on 40 at least. Turning Direct X 11 off on my laptop helps reduce the FPS spikes, although they are still there. 

PS : Before Update 9.5, my laptop has way higher FPS than my desktop, and there were hardly any FPS spikes.

Edited by YourGrandfather

Does it lag on other games? or on warframe only?

Just warframe.

How's your CPU/GPU temp.while playing? hot or not?

CPU never breaks 60, GPU does what it does on every other game, Goes instantly to 71 and stays there till i quit, then drops back down to idle at 41.

I have an AMD Athlon II X4, (640, Propus core) OC'd from 3.0 to 3.8)

4 GB of DDR3-2000

GeForce GTS 450 Factory OC'd (to what, i have no idea)

Yet even with all the settings turned off, and at 1440x900, i get huge framerate drops with there is more than 4 entities on the screen.

I have an AMD Athlon II X4, (640, Propus core) OC'd from 3.0 to 3.8)

4 GB of DDR3-2000

GeForce GTS 450 Factory OC'd (to what, i have no idea)

Yet even with all the settings turned off, and at 1440x900, i get huge framerate drops with there is more than 4 entities on the screen.

"fps drop" or "lag/ping" ?

use older GPU driver 320.18

what OS do you have?

for your PC info you can use CPUz, GPUz, Speccy etc. http://www.filehippo.com/software/system_tuning/

PC cleaning

use CCleaner (clean temp files, fix registry, check start-up list) ,

defrag your HD,

install leatrix latency fix http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html ,

etc.

Edited by Strac_CRO

use older GPU driver 320.18

Actually, im having to use 306.97....Anything newer and it makes my GFX drivers stop responding, deadlocking my machine half the time.

what OS do you have?

(CPUz is my staple) Win7 Home Premium

PC cleaning

I've kept everything pretty seriously spotless. Defrags regularly with Defraggler, and at most at idle i have 51 Processes going.

Framerate Drops, by the way. Im pretty well set on ping issues, that only drops when im playing with certain people.

Edited by Aigloblam

For Nvidia folk:

There is a bug with drivers 320.xx, which makes the Desktop hang. This may also be the reason why the game misbehaves for some.

Use either stable 314.22 or latest 326.xx betas.

Edited by Cryio

I am using 326 beta. Frame drops. Everything starts perfect... huge frame rate (more than 120 every time). So.. with no reason, frame rate heavily drops to 30-40. Random, with no reason.

I think is warframe issue, not drivers or anything. Phobos is the bigger issue.

Been having some issues here as well with the latest updates to Warframe. Seems like ever since they started putting "Fog" or "Mist" in almost all the levels, I have been having huge FPS drops. 

I used to be able to do any void mission without any noticable drop in FPS but lately it has been really really bad. I will start the void at a high framerate. Like 90-100 and by the end its at 10-15. 

Changing in game settings also does nothing. I turned everything off and lowered the resolution and my frame rate don't change at all. No hardware changes here at all, and I'm on a fresh format of my computer. Never had issues with Warframe until the latest update. 

i5 2500k (OC to 4.5ghz)

Geforce GTX 570 (OC)

Crucial M4 HD. 

Blah blah blah

8 gigs of ram. 

Game ran fine 2 weeks ago. Every other game runs fine. Just something changed in Warframe that is causing HUGE FPS Drops for no reason. 

Processor: Intel® Core i5 CPU         650  @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

I run Crysis 3 maxed out at 30 FPS,no problem.

I run Warframe in the lowest settings in the void (in certain conditions) 10 FPS.

I run Warframe maxed out in the void (same conditions) 10 FPS.

It's obviously not our video cards being unable to handle it,its just the CPUs,even my CPU's cores 1 and 3 work at around 80% in warframe in the conditions mentioned while cores 2 and 4 stay at around 10% :( That's the reason why I never use melee or semi-auto weapons in this game,unless they're really slow to begin with like the Snipetron V.

For whatever reasons Warframe is extremely CPU dependent, seems like it wants lots and lots of cores and/or hyperthreading even if it doesn't utilize them very well.

Six cores and hyper threading here...game runs virtually the same even if I disable four of my cores.

It doesn't want more cores, it wants a few fast ones.

Edited by Saenol

I get some stuttering (that seems worse with enemies about, but still happens without them) and Im running, much the same as others have mentioned, this has only been happening recently.

Running:

i5 3570K @ 4GHz

Gigabyte HD7970

Windows 7 x64 Pro

16GB ram

Edited by Loswaith

• 3 weeks later...

My rig is not the best, ill be the first to admit that but i have been running every other game fine. i can run AVP maxed, and most other games at max but for some reason warframe keeps getting my system bogged down.

I have a AMD Phenom X4 9100e clocked at 2Ghz and a Sapphire 6770 1gb at max clock speeds (may be a bit burnt out.) i have noticed one thing, warframe is only running about 20% on 3 cores and 100% on one, is anyone else getting virtually a single core doing all the work? i have just recently put this core in but it seems to work better on a completely fried Athlon X2 5400+ clocked @3.2GHz as i keep seeing is this just an engine incompatibility? or is it a driver issue or something of the likes?

i5 2500k here

coupled with a Zotac 670 Amp Edition

the rest of the system is well up to par

Having the same issues most of you guys with the i5, seems that it's a fault with Warframe.

Really frustrating, to the point I'm not having fun any more in game. 

Here's hoping U10 brings us some good news.

i5 4670 with a 7950 here.

Ever since 9.8.5 I've been getting crashes & microstutter. Crashes happen anywhere between 5-30mins of gameplay. GPU will just lose sync, sound and everything still going and then ~10secs later I'll get a hard lockup forcing me to reset. Nothing in event logs anywhere to indicate what sort of issue is occurring.

Temps are all fine, I even dialled back core/mem to reference board values and still had the problem. Microstutters happen more with infested on grineer tilesets, FPS meters all show a solid framerate but the stuttering is obvious, to the point of headache-inducing.

Crashed last night doing some stuff with clan, ragequit and went and played the new amnesia instead. No issue whatsoever.

ive had some issues with the multi-threaded rendering feature, my fps would just drop drop and then i would get a BSoD, i disabled the feature and it runs just fine

AMD Phenom II X4 B55  @ 3.5Ghz(unlocked)

AMD Radeon HD6750

8Gb DDR3 @1600Mhz

Have you checked to ensure your system is stable? Disabled cores are often disabled for a reason, and the additional load you are putting on your unlocked processor with the multithreaded renderer is that much more likely to reveal even minor instabilities.

Also, what was the BSOD code?