Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pox Gas Cloud

(PSN)CannaWhoopazz13

Question

I'm a big fan of the Pox for armor stripping.  I'm trying to find out how many damage ticks it'll do a second, so I can figure out how many status procs I should expect per second.  Does it have the same rate of damage ticks as the Pox' fire rate?  Or is a continuous weapon with a much higher damage tick rate.

Edited by (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13
Question was evidently confusing ppl.

9 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Continous weapons don't have any unique mechanics to them anymore. That being said pox applies full status chance on every single tick meaning that at 100% status chance every tick will apply one.

So then the damage ticks per second of the gas cloud is the same as the listed fire rate? 2.08/sec?

Also, there are a few unique mechanics to continuous weapons still, namely damage ramping up from 10%-100% over 0.8s, ammo consumption not being tied to damage ticks, multishot not adding more beams, just more damage, among others.

Pox damage ticks are unaffected by fire rate.  Fire rate only effects how quickly you can throw the projectiles.  Damage/second for 4 seconds.  You may also want to consider using the Fulmination mod to increase the radius of the explosions.  Keep in mind that the damage ticks for multiple projectiles will stack as well

40 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

Pox damage ticks are unaffected by fire rate.  Fire rate only effects how quickly you can throw the projectiles.  Damage/second for 4 seconds.  You may also want to consider using the Fulmination mod to increase the radius of the explosions.  Keep in mind that the damage ticks for multiple projectiles will stack as well

So how many ticks per second for pox, if it's not tied to fire rate?? That's what I'm trying to find out...

46 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

@CrudShuzKong gave you the answer for how it works. I'll just give you a tip for something to mod for: mod for corrisive + blast, it will keep the enemies in the could.

He didn't tell me how many ticks of damage pox clouds do a second. Just stuff about how status works, which I know. 

I want to know how many status procs I should have PER SECOND with 100% status chance, from a single pox cloud.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

So how many ticks per second for pox, if it's not tied to fire rate?? That's what I'm trying to find out...

He didn't tell me how many ticks of damage pox clouds do a second. Just stuff about how status works, which I know. 

I want to know how many status procs I should have PER SECOND with 100% status chance, from a single pox cloud.

Apologies, I should have been more clear.  Damage/tick for 4 seconds with 1 tick/second.  So you should see four damage ticks.  This doesn't include multishot or DOT/AOE (such Gas which deals it's own DOT ticks independent from the Pox cloud I believe and can have duration increased).  For example, with Corrosive proc you should see 4 ticks over 4 seconds with 1 tick/second.  However, with Gas proc it should be different because Gas is a DOT proc unlike Corrosive. I hope that's a bit more clear

4 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

Apologies, I should have been more clear.  Damage/tick for 4 seconds with 1 tick/second.  So you should see four damage ticks.  This doesn't include multishot or DOT/AOE (such Gas which deals it's own DOT ticks independent from the Pox cloud I believe and can have duration increased).  For example, with Corrosive proc you should see 4 ticks over 4 seconds with 1 tick/second.  However, with Gas proc it should be different because Gas is a DOT proc unlike Corrosive. I hope that's a bit more clear

Hmm.. 1 per second seems much lower than what I'm experiencing.  Maybe multishot and the heat of battle are making me misremember.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

Hmm.. 1 per second seems much lower than what I'm experiencing.  Maybe multishot and the heat of battle are making me misremember.

It also depends on how many shots you're firing and what status.  If you throw more than one the ticks will stagger as opposed to stack together. So you may see a lot of ticks per second because you threw multiple Pox, plus multishot. Also, you're guaranteed a Toxin status proc plus whatever status chance for your other elements.

As a disclaimer, I haven't tested this myself as yet.  This is just the info about the weapon itself

Edited by SixDimensions

30 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

It also depends on how many shots you're firing and what status.  If you throw more than one the ticks will stagger as opposed to stack together. So you may see a lot of ticks per second because you threw multiple Pox, plus multishot. Also, you're guaranteed a Toxin status proc plus whatever status chance for your other elements.

As a disclaimer, I haven't tested this myself as yet.  This is just the info about the weapon itself

2 hours ago, (PS4)CannaWhoopazz13 said:

I got experiance with the Pox, and it's pretty much how it works.

• Innate Toxin b Toxin damage - effective against Flesh and Ferrite Armor and ignores Shielded and Proto Shields.
  • Spores create gas clouds which deal 15 Toxin b Toxin damage per second for 4 seconds. The clouds guarantee a Toxin b Toxin proc, in addition to having status chance to proc the elemental damage of the weapon every second.
    • Pox gas cloud deals damage over time and can be stacked.
    • Pox gas clouds do not inflict self-damage.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Pox

There is a tick every second per spore you throw, for 4 seconds each.
You see more because of the Toxin proc, the multiple enemies in the gas cloud and from other spores. Because the spores stacks, you see more ticks while its actually many spores each making its own tick. The same with the Toxin proc.