Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Base Damage

(PSN)CannaWhoopazz13

Question

I'm trying to calculate the DoT for status effects like Poison, Bleed, etc.  Can anyone tell me exactly what's "base damage"?  

I know "base damage" in the calculation of DoT from status effects is modded critical hit modifiers (So a bleed off an orange crit does 2*[crit multiplier] more damage than a non-crit) and I know that it's effected by mods that add pure damage, like Serration or Hornet Strike.  But, are mods increasing damage that matches the innate damage of the weapon also included?  Does +% slash damage increase base damage on an ISP weapon?  Does +% toxin damage increase the base damage of a weapon with innate toxin damage?

4 answers to this question

Neither slash nor toxin will increase base damage, but toxin will increase toxin and gas proc damage, as will fire increase fire proc damage (slash doesn't increase slash proc damage, but will increase the chances of it happening).

Really, all the math you need is here:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

Edited by rapt0rman

21 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Neither slash nor toxin will increase base damage, but toxin will increase toxin and gas proc damage, as will fire increase fire proc damage (slash doesn't increase slash proc damage, but will increase the chances of it happening).

Really, all the math you need is here:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Status_Effect

Slash damage won't increase bleed damage, but damage increasing mods WILL. So serration, pressure point, etc.

7 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I think he gets that bit :P

I figured as much too, but maybe I just misunderstood what you were saying because I thought I was correcting you lol

Edit: Yep, I must have misread what you wrote. My bad ^ ^

Edited by SumBoady