Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Decision Between Two Bossing Weapons

InariOkami

Question

14 answers to this question

Depends on what boss you're fighting dude.

I've noticed the other day that Kela De Thaym has a ton of armor.

So unless you're using armor piercing rifles, like the Boltor, you're not gonna get any numbers on her with any kind of weapon.

So in that case the Flux Rifle is OP since it seems to ignore armor.

Edited by Anorigin

if Bossing means boss killing, the supra might be better bc I believe boss armor rating isn't quite as high as T3/high lv defense mobs. So the effective DPS of the supra might be higher.

I have the Flux and it's a beast, for sure, but the Supra puts out more dmg on lower level mobs.

I would go for the flux rifle for it's amazing dps at close range.

While you could argue supra it's better at mid-long range (since flux doesn't reach far =P), supra sucks at anything other than close range.... it misses a lot, so you might as well go for a more useful weapon instead if you are interested in weapons for that range

Invest in a Flux Rifle and it's a twofer for anti-boss and anti-high-level defense mobs.

Meanwhile, invest in a Supra and come to a startling realization that "Yo, you have just waste the time and resources that could've been used to craft a Flux Rifle, ya fool!"

Don't make the same mistake I did.

"Go for the Flux Rifle, ya fool!," a wise Tenno would say.

:) Thanks everyone, big help describing the benefits of each weapon. I've been debating which one to take to what map, I'll be making both of the weapons because I have overload material. So, I'll be receiving the Supra tomorrow and I'll be finished with research on Flux in 3 days. I'll see which one I prefer to take on whatever situation I will encounter.

Another thanks to all of you who read this post :)

Supra does FAR more raw DPS when modded properly. Especially because Speed Trigger and other +fire rate mods actually work on it. Its got a base dps of more than double the flux rifle, and with speed trigger and shred it has 2 mod raw base dps of approximately 4.5x the flux rifle.

Even if the target had 100% armor reduction, that works out to 4.5x as much elemental damage as the flux rifle does.

The drawback is its harder to hit weak points, reload time is longer, and projectile travel time is slower. The advantages is the ammo economy is slightly higher, the DPS is higher, and there's no hard range limit.

The only boss the Flux rifle can kill faster is Phorid, because he takes the 3x multiplier from slashing damage. Everything else is facerolled by the Supra, especially if you can get in close (Rhino, Trinity, Frost, Loki, Ash, Saryn, Volt, etc).

Edited by Darzk

Supra does FAR more raw DPS when modded properly. Especially because Speed Trigger and other +fire rate mods actually work on it. Its got a base dps of more than double the flux rifle, and with speed trigger and shred it has 2 mod raw base dps of approximately 4.5x the flux rifle.

Even if the target had 100% armor reduction, that works out to 4.5x as much elemental damage as the flux rifle does.

The drawback is its harder to hit weak points, reload time is longer, and projectile travel time is slower. The advantages is the ammo economy is slightly higher, the DPS is higher, and there's no hard range limit.

The only boss the Flux rifle can kill faster is Phorid, because he takes the 3x multiplier from slashing damage. Everything else is facerolled by the Supra, especially if you can get in close (Rhino, Trinity, Frost, Loki, Ash, Saryn, Volt, etc).

:) I see! Great information provided, thanks a bunch! I'll take these into consideration when using them and I'll decide which one feels best in hands. I do believe the Supra will win though :o

Try both and remember that Supra starts stronger becoming weaker everytime monsters get higher level (and armor),

Flux is the opposite... it might have less DPS at start but after lvl 60-70 it will overshadow Supra, being 100% efficient even against lvl 130+ enemies (any faction)

Also dont forget Flux has pinpoint accuracy in its full 25m range...

Supra shoots further but realistically you will not hit anything past 20m and waste half your ammo on walls past 10-15m lol

Try both and remember that Supra starts stronger becoming weaker everytime monsters get higher level (and armor),

Flux is the opposite... it might have less DPS at start but after lvl 60-70 it will overshadow Supra, being 100% efficient even against lvl 130+ enemies (any faction)

Also dont forget Flux has pinpoint accuracy in its full 25m range...

Supra shoots further but realistically you will not hit anything past 20m and waste half your ammo on walls past 10-15m lol

:) Yeah, thank you!