Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone know about the Jaw Sword

DogManDan

Question

I ran an alert last night and ended up recieving a Jaw Sword blueprint and I am working on the resources to craft it, but has anyone had any experience with it? If so, is it better than my Cronis? Can someone maybe give some insight on the weapon if they have it please.

535719_424083407676191_221782002_n.jpg

13 answers to this question

I'm sure everyone have their own opinion on what's the best sword etc, but personally I'm loving the Jaw Sword. The attacks are as powerful as Chronus, it's fast enough like any other sword and more importantly the jump attack has a very decent range. While it takes a couple of hits with other swords, you can destroy a reactor with a single jump attack using the Jaw Sword.

I'm sure everyone have their own opinion on what's the best sword etc, but personally I'm loving the Jaw Sword. The attacks are as powerful as Chronus, it's fast enough like any other sword and more importantly the jump attack has a very decent range. While it takes a couple of hits with other swords, you can destroy a reactor with a single jump attack using the Jaw Sword.

I also do that with skana/chronus/scindo...

I also do that with skana/chronus/scindo...

Funky, I thought Skana/Chronus had a smaller jump attack aoe, I sort of remember taking out at least %70 of reactor with them instead of all. Maybe I'm mistaken.

But you can't really compare Scindo or Fragor with anything really. Monster weapons, enough said.

Base attack speed is slower than Cronus, right?

It's basically a Skana that does 35 damage instead of 25 base.

Yup. Exact same stats other than slash damage and the jump attack AoE (which is the same as the Cronus)

Well from what I know the Jaw Sword has a better melee and charge damage growth then the other swords. So if you want to build pure damage that has good stats in both attributes then the Jaw Sword is probably the go to sword.

Cronus and Heat Sword have the same damage, but much faster slash speeds. The Jaw Sword's charge damage is 75, which is the same as pretty much every (normal) sword other than the Plasma Sword and Gram.

Edited by rCaliberGX

quoting my own reply on another topic, hope it helps

the Heat Sword one is very much worth it imo

Heat Sword have the highest base damage for swords (same as Cronus) and highest attack rate (faster by 0.2 from Cronus)

even if it's just 1.3 and 1.5, which makes the differents is just about 0.2, believe me, you can feel the difference as 0.1 AR (Attack Rate) does make a difference

adding higher level AR mods to the Heat Swords will give you super fast melee attack speed

as for the Jaw Sword, the sword's base damage is the same with Cronus and Heat Sword, the only downside is that it have only 1.0 AR (slower by 0.3, which is quite much from Cronus). This sword however have a special ability, the "Ground-Slam" have an exploding effects, though the range is pretty much the same with Cronus's Ground-Slam, as pre patch 6.0,

enemy with HP less than 1/4 will "explodes" -yes blood splats everywhere- but after the patch this special ability seems to be change by a bit, instead of a fixed effect, it becomes chance, where as, lets say there is 5 enemies arround you, you do the Ground-Slam, there will be a chance that 1, or 2 of them (idk how many %, or any fixed numbers) will explodes right away -just like when you do Ground-Slam using Scindo. The Ground-Slam range is the same as before tho

oh and, i tried to compare the effect on Grineers and Corpus, and it seems like enemy with light armor will likely explodes, and level too, the lower the level, i found more often exploding enemies

edit: the effect isn't confirmed tho, it's all based on my own test, haven't made a thread for it yet

Edited by Adagio

quoting my own reply on another topic, hope it helps

Your spoiler was very helpful. I will still finish printing it and try it but doubt it will be the sword I stay with. Melee weapons maybe should have a better stat variation as it seems they are all so close to each other.