Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Easy And Friendly Solution For The Rushers V.s. Collectors Problem

MASimon

Make an equipable Emblem, like those of the Events.

"Rush", "Collector", "Squad / Normal" (Normal game speed), "Growth" (experience farming)

Have those Warframes equipped with these Emblems only connect to people who also have equipped said Emblem.

This also enables to "switch off" the connect system by simple not equipping one of these Emblems.

I think this system would work best?

I don't always play slow, during the event I rushed. Most solo missions I will rush. But other times I play slow.

So, the automatic connection which is planned at the moment wont work.

Same for beginners and lvl up players. There is no enjoyment if a Pro joins the session and kills everything onehit before you even can fire a single bullet.

With this system I can decide how to play each time I start a mission.

Edited by MASimon

Sorry, but what would it stop me from choosing Collector badge, and end up doing a Rush?

The idea is nice, but it's too open.

In a matter of days if not hours, it will lose it's usefulness.

(Unless DE states rules, but that will be hard to prove that A was rushing instead of collection and so on, unless you fraps every game you make)

"Experts" can find each other by other means well enough.

Technically, rushers and collectors can do just as well.

While I'm not against your suggestion, I think a separate chat channels for aforementioned categories would solve the issue for now.

ts... de can't make invitations work properly and you are asking for this?

as a rusher i can tell you that a reason for rush not a rush itself, but lack of challenge that will force me to hide behind the wall or will require any level of coop gameplay.

Edited by Althix

Sorry, but what would it stop me from choosing Collector badge, and end up doing a Rush?

Hm, I understand, there are also collector rushes ...möp.

I added "Squad / Normal" for a low mode. I didn't want to call it Roleplay-mode. :)

Not going to solve anything.

What's the incentive to keep a correct badge equipped?

Of all things, the incentive is quite clear here. It's the FFFFFUUUUUUUU rushers do when they stay at extraction waiting for explorers, and FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU explorers do, when by the time they get to boss room, not only boss being already killed, even his loot already disappeared. If anything is clear about this suggestion, it's the incentive...

What's the incentive to keep a correct badge equipped?

Well, whats your incentive to rush / walk if your are auto connected? You could always troll. But with this system you had a choice.

There is hope not all players are trolls.

Rush could be determined on average speed per event.

This gives rushers a 'brag tag' or 'avoid player' tag.

Or you can just black list the rushers till the event is over.

There would have to be different levels of rush tag as I can rush fast with fangs and rush related mod setup, but I know of some people who use fangs, mods, (plus some 'other mechanics') which makes them faster than what most would consider feasible in game.

Well, whats your incentive to rush / walk if your are auto connected? You could always troll. But with this system you had a choice.

There is hope not all players are trolls.

A lot of rushers are rushing because they are men/boys who need their ego stroked since it doesn't get 'stroked' by anyone who gives a damn about them in real life.

So you go and rush faster than everyone else, leave them all behind, feel superior, make everyone else mad and therefore win.

Ego boost increased.

Despair about real life another day.

A lot of rushers are rushing because they are men/boys who need their ego stroked since it doesn't get 'stroked' by anyone who gives a damn about them in real life.

So you go and rush faster than everyone else, leave them all behind, feel superior, make everyone else mad and therefore win.

Ego boost increased.

Despair about real life another day.

Nice ad hominem. People rush because currently we're given no incentive to play the game more slowly. And some of us actually like going fast.

Whats the incentive for rushers to use auto-group anyways? If you can rush to the boss, kill it, and get to extraction before anybody gets close, why do you need other people around?

Anyways, what about automatic tendency/traits? Depending on how you do in the past 3 non-solo missions, it'll tag you to be matched with similar players. If you ran for the end while only killing low double digit enemies and reached extraction before anyone else, it would tag you as a rusher and matchmaking would only pair you with other rushers.

While were at it, let's make badges that say "I want to 1 shot everything with my ultimate" and "I am a defense hero"

and let's make some that say "I am currently grinding" or "I am using an acrid to 1 shot everything"

If you have problems with online players, then leave, or find players who play like you.

Their damn matchmaking system is bugged as is, this would make it worse.

(Unless DE states rules, but that will be hard to prove that A was rushing instead of collection and so on, unless you fraps every game you make)

I think a quick solution to this problem is...

If we are in collector mission, the team need to be extracted together. The time only starts when all players is in extraction zone, not only 2.

So... the guy with the collector badge, if this guy rush, he will need to wait. Wait all others players to arrive in the extraction zone.

Rusher badge: 25% of the team needed at extraction to start the 1 minute countdown, decreased amount of lockers / boxes , no double button doors.

Collector badge:  75% of the team needed at extraction , run and slide speed decreased / disabled , more double button doors.

Would that help?

Edited by archiadus

Anyways, what about automatic tendency/traits? Depending on how you do in the past 3 non-solo missions, it'll tag you to be matched with similar players. If you ran for the end while only killing low double digit enemies and reached extraction before anyone else, it would tag you as a rusher and matchmaking would only pair you with other rushers.

I think that is the system which is planned right now.

But It won't do.

Because I only rush on some missions. Others I don't.

What if I don't feel like rushing ore collecting today?

I would hate to be auto grouped.

If you have problems with online players, then leave, or find players who play like you.

Their damn matchmaking system is bugged as is, this would make it worse.

This may sound seflish, but: How is this our problem? This is kinda DE's mission right now. To upgrade the system. It wont do to leave everything like it is. These are only suggestions for when they do change something.

I don't say that this idea is perfect, but it may inspire the team with other solutions.

I actually enjoy playing with different people every day. How else can you make new friends?

Collector badge: 75% of the team needed at extraction , run and slide speed decreased / disabled , more double button doors.

Or, everyone can extract on their time without a timer? So slower players can still collect while faster players extract. This is obviousely NO solution for Boss missions. +With the current bugged Host migration this would be like russian roulette. So... no, ignore that.

But, reading the current "bug"-screen:

There IS a additional reputation system coming. So it may be possible to set a reputation bar, similar to the ping bar? For new player the starting reputation could be 50% | 100%. Set your matchmaking to ~60% and get only non trolls?

Altough I don't know how reputation is measured?

Edited by MASimon