The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Shooting Is Glitched

Khavir

Having an issue where game runs like a beauty, but no matter how many times I click (touchpad or button), I can't get consistent shots. Guessing around 20 clicks for the weapon to shoot. Effects both primary and secondary weapons. Melee is unaffected. It's happened with every mission for the past week or so. Looking to get this fixed, as I'm playing on a brand new HP laptop and want to really experience this great game. 

Hi Khavir,

It sounds like something might be conflicting with the Warframe client. Can you try closing any unnecessary background applications before you run the game? That way we can rule out a third party app as a potential culprit. An easy way to test this would be to do the following:

1. Press Windows key and R key on your keyboard at the same time
  2. In the new Run window popped up, type msconfig, and hit Enter
  3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
  4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
  5. Note: This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
  6. Click OK, and then click Restart.

When you boot your computer in Selective Startup, you are disabling every application that normally starts up with your computer. This may include firewall and security software that you would normally want to have on. After you are finished testing, you should re-enable your security software in msconfig.exe. Please follow these steps to reset the computer to start normally.

3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
  4. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

3 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi Khavir,

It sounds like something might be conflicting with the Warframe client. Can you try closing any unnecessary background applications before you run the game? That way we can rule out a third party app as a potential culprit. An easy way to test this would be to do the following:

3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
  4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
  5. Note: This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
  6. Click OK, and then click Restart.

When you boot your computer in Selective Startup, you are disabling every application that normally starts up with your computer. This may include firewall and security software that you would normally want to have on. After you are finished testing, you should re-enable your security software in msconfig.exe. Please follow these steps to reset the computer to start normally.

3. On the General tab of the System configuration window, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
  4. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

I tested Warframe after disabling the startup items. Notable was a much longer load time for Warframe from the launcher. The game itself ran fine, and my fire rate became normal for a moment in starting a mission, until enemies spawned at which point I was unable to fire again. I've now restarted using the second option you gave. 

Edit- Out of curiosity, I tried rebooting in Selective Startup one more time, and the issue resolved for the time being. Now I am going to see if the issue persists once I use Normal Startup.

Edit 2- Restarted and had the same issue again. Tried plugging in a usb mouse, shooting was perfectly responsive. Issue must be with a conflict between my mouse and the game, as I have no issues elsewhere. 

Edited by Khavir

On 2018-04-26 at 4:59 PM, Khavir said:

I tested Warframe after disabling the startup items. Notable was a much longer load time for Warframe from the launcher. The game itself ran fine, and my fire rate became normal for a moment in starting a mission, until enemies spawned at which point I was unable to fire again. I've now restarted using the second option you gave.

Edit- Out of curiosity, I tried rebooting in Selective Startup one more time, and the issue resolved for the time being. Now I am going to see if the issue persists once I use Normal Startup.

Edit 2- Restarted and had the same issue again. Tried plugging in a usb mouse, shooting was perfectly responsive. Issue must be with a conflict between my mouse and the game, as I have no issues elsewhere.

Are you using a laptop with a touchpad? My laptop has a feature where if I use the keyboard, it prevents clicks from being recognized for a time afterward. Makes playing Warframe impossible! I've looked at all my touchpad and mouse settings and haven't seen any way to disable it, but playing with a wireless mouse works fine. 

Out of curiosity, try rebinding the fire button to a keyboard key and try it out again. That would 94% determine if it was the mouse.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-05-02 at 5:36 PM, Draffut said:

Are you using a laptop with a touchpad? My laptop has a feature where if I use the keyboard, it prevents clicks from being recognized for a time afterward. Makes playing Warframe impossible! I've looked at all my touchpad and mouse settings and haven't seen any way to disable it, but playing with a wireless mouse works fine. 

Out of curiosity, try rebinding the fire button to a keyboard key and try it out again. That would 94% determine if it was the mouse.

I've since been playing on Xbox One in the meantime, and as for my PC Tenno I've bought a wireless mouse. Seems to work fine that way.