Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to endless focus?

GrimmMonsoon.ttv

I remember a while ago in a Devstream the team discussed that they planned on removing the cap for focus and instead having it so that after longer play time you just get reduced amounts. 

Was this idea canned? If so, why? If not, why hasn’t it been implemented? 

With Onslaught now a thing you can cap out your focus gains in two minutes. Literally. And if you’re lucky you can level up one skill on your operator. 

This would be advantageous for many reasons. For those who enjoy power leveling through Hydron (or Onslaught, now, I guess) it would be more of an incentive for people to play DPS. You wouldn’t have people not worrying about focus or the trees because they can’t be bothered with the tedious farming. 

Actually, they weren't too sure how to enforce that system, so what they've done in the interim is cause Mastery Rank to add to your capacity (Mastery never matters until it matters in Warframe...)

What this means is that if you go to your usual farming locations and cap out your Focus, and since by the time you can use Focus successfully you're usually around MR5-10 this will be between 275k and 300k, and then you can go hunt some Eidolons for 80k more per Gantulyst or 25k more per Teralyst if you're not up to a Tri-dolon hunt. With those it's considered normal to hit over 500k per day if you want it.

If you're an MR25 and have a team, this can hit 375k base, with a further three Tri-dolons to make 615k in an hour's game time. It's pretty nutty, because that will complete any node you care to name in three days farming.

9 minutes ago, Altre said:

What build are you capping focus with in 2 minutes? I legit want to know.

Probably Eidolon Lenses, a Booster and playing with a good team for Onslaught and a little helping of self-delusion that the first round of 2 minutes doesn't count, because the first Convergence period is in wave 2.

I mean, even my luckiest Adaro run with a Savage Silence Banshee build (a little less reliable than Equinox or Ivara, but so much faster) on the Double Affinity Weekend (4x if you have a booster) only got to 216k in one run, which took five and a half minutes (six casts of Silence at 52 seconds duration, so Equinox or Ivara could have hit cap, but couldn't have done it faster). So anyone saying they can do better than that... video or it didn't happen.

Edited by Thaylien