Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the sorties bosses are almost impossible for people new to them

ndagX

12 hours ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

What's the point of doing the sortie anyways, you'll just get a damn sculpture for the fifth time in a row.

I suggest you start keeping track of your rewards.  I'm now about 250 rewards into my tracking and I've found Anasa sculptures have dropped at a rate of 28%, which just happens to be the published drop rate.

12 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Tbh I have trouble with ambulas more often than not just because hes less solo friendly than other bosses because you have to protect two of them for the later stages. The last one with energy reduction was pretty aids though, had to resort to cheesing it with mag's magnetise bubble to get it done

Since the first 3 come solo, you only need to protect one when they start coming in twos.  You can even fail the first two and just protect one of the next pair and still complete the mission.

6 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I suggest you start keeping track of your rewards.  I'm now about 250 rewards into my tracking and I've found Anasa sculptures have dropped at a rate of 28%, which just happens to be the published drop rate.

Either way the sculptures need to just be removed from the table. Rivens are part of endgame content, some useless sculpture shouldn't be dropping at a higher rate than them. It almost makes the sorties not worth doing regardless of difficult assassinations. There is nothing worse than completing a Lephantis with Elemental Enhancement modifier or a Bow only Kela De Thaym, just to get a sculpture.

P.S. those both happened.

Edited by (XB1)distractedFreek
Post script

9 hours ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

Either way the sculptures need to just be removed from the table. Rivens are part of endgame content, some useless sculpture shouldn't be dropping at a higher rate than them. It almost makes the sorties not worth doing regardless of difficult assassinations. There is nothing worse than completing a Lephantis with Elemental Enhancement modifier or a Bow only Kela De Thaym, just to get a sculpture.

P.S. those both happened.

And, for some people the endo is welcomed.  Or they sell the sculptures for plat.  What isn't a "good" reward for you, might be for other players.

Personally, I don't like getting Anasa sculptures either, but it's the cost of doing the sorties.  Sometimes you get a sculpture (about 28% of the time actually) and often you don't.

3 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

And, for some people the endo is welcomed.  Or they sell the sculptures for plat.  What isn't a "good" reward for you, might be for other players.

Personally, I don't like getting Anasa sculptures either, but it's the cost of doing the sorties.  Sometimes you get a sculpture (about 28% of the time actually) and often you don't.

The actual 4000 endo reward is more than the sculpture will get you, and they could easily move the sculpture into maroo's alert table as well as possibly spawning them in a map like the rest of the sculptures. It's more often that I get the sculpture than anything else. My RNG must just suck because I've never gotten more than 2 of any of the other rewards in a row, but I'll always seem to get 3+ sculptures in a row almost every time I get the first one. It's just not something that should drop from endgame content.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

The actual 4000 endo reward is more than the sculpture will get you, and they could easily move the sculpture into maroo's alert table as well as possibly spawning them in a map like the rest of the sculptures. It's more often that I get the sculpture than anything else. My RNG must just suck because I've never gotten more than 2 of any of the other rewards in a row, but I'll always seem to get 3+ sculptures in a row almost every time I get the first one. It's just not something that should drop from endgame content.

4000 Endo can't be sold for plat, however.  Nor can people build robots and structures out of it.

You should track your rewards.  I used to think the way you do, that the RNG was all messed up and that I only ever got sculptures.  Then, I started tracking my rewards and found out that the drop rate is largely correct.

Attempts 252               Percentage
Anasa 71 28.17
4000 Endo 29 11.51
Lens 8 3.17
Greater Lens 7 2.78
6000 Kuva 13 5.16
Rifle Riven 13 5.16
Pistol Riven 17 6.75
Melee Riven 36 14.29
Shotgun Riven 1 0.40
Forma 9 3.57
Exilus Adapter 9 3.57
Orokin Reactor BP 9 3.57
Orokin Catalyst BP 5 1.98
Affinity Booster 7 2.78
Credit Booster 8 3.17
Drop Chance Booster 9 3.57
Legendary Core 1 0.40

7 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

4000 Endo can't be sold for plat, however.  Nor can people build robots and structures out of it.

I'm not saying completely remove the sculpture, just remove it from the sortie. I could do a few easier, more enjoyable missions, and find two or three sculptures that will net me more plat or endo. Hell, Maroo's alert is a guaranteed sculpture.  The only thing I really play the game for right now is to do the sortie to get Rivens that I can reroll and sell, occasionally cracking relics for when baro makes an appearance. Getting a sculpture just makes me want to log off the moment I finish a sortie because I feel like I just wasted a bunch of time and energy.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

I'm not saying completely remove the sculpture, just remove it from the sortie. I could do a few easier, more enjoyable missions, and find two or three sculptures that will net me more plat or endo. Hell, Maroo's alert is a guaranteed sculpture.  The only thing I really play the game for right now is to do the sortie to get Rivens that I can reroll and sell, occasionally cracking relics for when baro makes an appearance. Getting a sculpture just makes me want to log off the moment I finish a sortie because I feel like I just wasted a bunch of time and energy.

Sell the sculptures for plat and buy unrolled rivens or even rivens for weapons you want?

Just now, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Sell the sculptures for plat and buy unrolled rivens or even rivens for weapons you want?

Anasa sculptures are worth 5p max even with stars and getting, say a shotgun riven (which I have never gotten from a sortie), on the market is around 100p. I'm not saying I don't have enough statues to sell to make that 100p (because I do) but I'd rather get a couple of Rivens that I could sell for 100+ plat easy. Instead of arguing why Anasa sculptures are important why don't you tell me why they're important enough for sorties? Hell, they're more important than one of the two items that only drop from sorties.

1 minute ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

Anasa sculptures are worth 5p max even with stars and getting, say a shotgun riven (which I have never gotten from a sortie), on the market is around 100p. I'm not saying I don't have enough statues to sell to make that 100p (because I do) but I'd rather get a couple of Rivens that I could sell for 100+ plat easy. Instead of arguing why Anasa sculptures are important why don't you tell me why they're important enough for sorties? Hell, they're more important than one of the two items that only drop from sorties.

You could also use the endo to rank up mods and sell max ranked mods.

Like I said, some people like endo/sculptures.  What is a crap reward for you may not be for someone else.  Look, I get it.  Anasa isn't my favorite reward either (although it's better IMO than a forma) but DE's thing has always been to have reward tables that are filled with items that some people may not want.  I'd rather they have endo in the reward tables than Orokin Cells like they used to do with Void Tower rewards.  I don't think DE would ever agree to a system where it was all rivens all the time, which is what a lot of people play the sortie to get.  It's just not going to happen.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You could also use the endo to rank up mods and sell max ranked mods.

Like I said, some people like endo/sculptures.  What is a crap reward for you may not be for someone else.  Look, I get it.  Anasa isn't my favorite reward either (although it's better IMO than a forma) but DE's thing has always been to have reward tables that are filled with items that some people may not want.  I'd rather they have endo in the reward tables than Orokin Cells like they used to do with Void Tower rewards.  I don't think DE would ever agree to a system where it was all rivens all the time, which is what a lot of people play the sortie to get.  It's just not going to happen.

You're missing the point, there is no reason for it to be a SORTIE reward. They could easily move it somewhere else so it's still readily available. I don't see why this wouldn't be more appealing because they would be even easier to obtain, perfect for the Dojo rework allowing personal decorations.

They could easily phase the sculptures out (like they did with focus lenses) and put in something much more sought after, i.e. eidolon lenses (since you can have sortie missions in the plains).

9 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

You're missing the point, there is no reason for it to be a SORTIE reward. They could easily move it somewhere else so it's still readily available. I don't see why this wouldn't be more appealing because they would be even easier to obtain, perfect for the Dojo rework allowing personal decorations.

They could easily phase the sculptures out (like they did with focus lenses) and put in something much more sought after, i.e. eidolon lenses (since you can have sortie missions in the plains).

There's no reason for it to not be a sortie reward too.  Some people want the endo.  Again, just because it's not appealing to you doesn't mean that it's not a worthwhile reward.

if you are implying that by removing the sculptures you would be getting any thing else more worth it from sorties, i think you are wrong, we only would be getting now endo more times in a row like we did previously to the adition of the sculptures to sortie

39 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

There's no reason for it to not be a sortie reward too.  Some people want the endo.  Again, just because it's not appealing to you doesn't mean that it's not a worthwhile reward.

You keep saying they want the endo, the 4K endo reward is more than what you get from the maxed out sculpture.  

If you aren't farming for it, it's not worth getting. Do you feel it's worthwhile to spend a mission farming for a rare resource only to get a crap ton of other resources you don't need instead? The only reason it would be worthwhile for someone to get the sculpture from the sortie is because they only drop from the sortie.

If you put it in another, easier, activity along with the sortie I guarantee people will farm that activity more than the sortie. Look what they did with the endless kuva mission, why would you ever do a siphon or flood for kuva ever again?

7 minutes ago, salubri said:

if you are implying that by removing the sculptures you would be getting any thing else more worth it from sorties, i think you are wrong, we only would be getting now endo more times in a row like we did previously to the adition of the sculptures to sortie

That's if the endo takes the same drop rate as the sculpture, the Rivens should be bumped up to the 28% slot and the drop rate for the endo could be put around 20% and, whether or not they add anything else to the table, the leftover 18% could be spread out among the higher tier rewards.

27 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

You keep saying they want the endo, the 4K endo reward is more than what you get from the maxed out sculpture.  

If you aren't farming for it, it's not worth getting. Do you feel it's worthwhile to spend a mission farming for a rare resource only to get a crap ton of other resources you don't need instead? The only reason it would be worthwhile for someone to get the sculpture from the sortie is because they only drop from the sortie.

If you put it in another, easier, activity along with the sortie I guarantee people will farm that activity more than the sortie. Look what they did with the endless kuva mission, why would you ever do a siphon or flood for kuva ever again?

They want the endo or the statue to sell or build decorations with.  I've not said that they only want the endo.

And, yeah, if you're not farming for an item, it's often not worth getting the item you aren't farming for.  That's not particular to endo though.  OTOH, you may find that you need that item later on down the road and you're happy to have passively farmed it.

Are you sure that people will farm endo in easier location than the sortie, however?  You can get more endo for your time on Tier III excavation missions if endo drops on Rot A and you've got a fast team.  You can also farm it much faster with a good team on the highest level Rathuum.  I'm sure there are some people that do that.  There are a lot that don't though.

On 2018-04-26 at 1:54 PM, den2k said:

Sobek, Boar. Even a fully modded Sobek struggles at 30 and ceases to be useful at 40. I used Sobek for more than 50% of my play time, I tesetd it on most battlefields. The only way to keep it useful until level 60-70 is with a hell of a Riven and after that it starts being ineffective, it is saved only because Acid Shells can make up for the lack of damage and 100% status can be used as a squad helper (though at the cost of less than half damage, from 23.5k to 11k per shot).

What the hell is this? Both Sobek and Boar Prime can reach 100% status. Sobek is my shotgun of choice for high-level content because I love watching the Acid Shells explosions wipe out everything. If you have 100% status on a shotgun it doesn't really matter how high your damage is because everything will just die.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

They want the endo or the statue to sell or build decorations with.  I've not said that they only want the endo.

And, yeah, if you're not farming for an item, it's often not worth getting the item you aren't farming for.  That's not particular to endo though.  OTOH, you may find that you need that item later on down the road and you're happy to have passively farmed it.

Are you sure that people will farm endo in easier location than the sortie, however?  You can get more endo for your time on Tier III excavation missions if endo drops on Rot A and you've got a fast team.  You can also farm it much faster with a good team on the highest level Rathuum.  I'm sure there are some people that do that.  There are a lot that don't though.

I didn't say farm endo I said farm sculptures. You're right, there are better ways to farm endo, so why would you farm the Anasa sculptures for it? If it's for decoration wouldn't an easier, all-day farm be preferable to a potentially difficult once a day farm?

7 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

I didn't say farm endo I said farm sculptures. You're right, there are better ways to farm endo, so why would you farm the Anasa sculptures for it? If it's for decoration wouldn't an easier, all-day farm be preferable to a potentially difficult once a day farm?

Because not everyone wants to farm actively.  Or, they can't find a group to make an active farm worthwhile.  Or any number of other reasons.  When I was trying to rank up primed mods, the fusion cores that I got almost every day from sortie (back when we had checklists, so I was pretty sure I'd get fusion cores with most other things checked off) was my fusion core farm for the most part.  It was 3 relatively quick missions with almost a guarantee of a bunch of gold fusion cores.  Different people play the game differently.

2 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Because not everyone wants to farm actively.  Or, they can't find a group to make an active farm worthwhile.  Or any number of other reasons.

Some players solo farm for resources and for those who don't want to, can easily access the recruitment tab to find a like-minded squad.

The reasons you've stated for players wanting an Anasa sculpture were endo, plat, and decoration.

We've already established that there are better ways to farm endo: you mentioned excavation and Rathuum, I mentioned that the 4K reward from the sortie would be preferable to the endo you'd get from a maxed Anasa. So endo farming isn't a valid reason to keep it in the sortie.

A maxed Anasa usually sells for 5p on Xbox. So that's 5p per sortie where the reward was an Anasa. A VEILED riven can net you 25-50p for melee, pistol, or rifle, and about 100p for a shotgun. If, for example, you were to the use that plat to buy Anasa sculptures you could get between 5-10 per sortie (where the reward was a M/P/R Riven) instead of one. So plat isn't a valid reason to keep it in the sortie.

So that leaves decoration. There is no reason for decorations to be endgame content, this isn't Destiny 2. You could, like I said above, buy more sculptures with your riven reward than you'd get with the sculpture reward. 

You keep saying that people play the game differently, well people play the game like I do, too. Why should the game favor people who go out of their way to complete increasingly difficult missions for a DECORATION, instead of any of the other items that actually affect/benefit gameplay?

43 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

Some players solo farm for resources and for those who don't want to, can easily access the recruitment tab to find a like-minded squad.

Sometimes.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

We've already established that there are better ways to farm endo: you mentioned excavation and Rathuum, I mentioned that the 4K reward from the sortie would be preferable to the endo you'd get from a maxed Anasa. So endo farming isn't a valid reason to keep it in the sortie.

I don't think we've established that, because efficiency is not the arbiter of what should or should not be in a reward pool.  I haven't agreed to that.  From that standpoint, we should just make legendary cores be the common reward, as that would gain the most endo at the lowest cost.

44 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

So plat isn't a valid reason to keep it in the sortie.

This doesn't follow as it relies (once again) on efficiency being the arbiter of what should or should not be in the reward pool. 

46 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

So that leaves decoration. There is no reason for decorations to be endgame content, this isn't Destiny 2. You could, like I said above, buy more sculptures with your riven reward than you'd get with the sculpture reward.

Not if we couldn't obtain statues I couldn't.  But, still, I don't see why this is a valid reason for excluding Anasa sculptures from the sortie.  You're trying to make value judgements and expecting that others share those value judgements.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

You keep saying that people play the game differently, well people play the game like I do, too. Why should the game favor people who go out of their way to complete increasingly difficult missions for a DECORATION, instead of any of the other items that actually affect/benefit gameplay?

And, that's valid.  But, it's not a compelling reason to change something to say, "I don't like this because it doesn't cater to me."  This is especially true when other people do feel it caters to them.

Personally, Anasas don't cater to me either, but I don't feel like I should try to argue them away simply because I don't like getting them as rewards.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Sometimes.

I don't think we've established that, because efficiency is not the arbiter of what should or should not be in a reward pool.  I haven't agreed to that.  From that standpoint, we should just make legendary cores be the common reward, as that would gain the most endo at the lowest cost.

This doesn't follow as it relies (once again) on efficiency being the arbiter of what should or should not be in the reward pool. 

Not if we couldn't obtain statues I couldn't.  But, still, I don't see why this is a valid reason for excluding Anasa sculptures from the sortie.  You're trying to make value judgements and expecting that others share those value judgements.

And, that's valid.  But, it's not a compelling reason to change something to say, "I don't like this because it doesn't cater to me."  This is especially true when other people do feel it caters to them.

Personally, Anasas don't cater to me either, but I don't feel like I should try to argue them away simply because I don't like getting them as rewards.

Why would you hope for a sculpture when you could get the 4K endo instead? Why would you do the same amount of work (sortie) to get a lesser amount of endo?

With the sculpture in the table you have a 40.1% chance of endo, that's quite a skew towards endo as a reward drop. And there are alternatives (efficient or not) for endo, but not for Rivens. We don't need two sources of endo in the same endgame content when it is so prevalent everywhere else. I'm sure the same argument will arise for the kuva now that they've added an endless kuva survival, but at least it's only a single reward.

Efficiency may not be a a factor for choosing an item to be on a loot table but it is a factor in how we farm something. IF people are using the sortie as a source of plat they are most certainly not doing it for the Anasa.

It's just a filler reward on the table, like the resources in PoE bounties or credit caches in endless missions, they needed to spread the drop rates out with enough items to satisfy the grind. Unfortunately this isn't the only place they put the exact same rewards in the same table in differing amounts, but at least the 4K and Anasa have different drop rates.

If you positively absolutely have to have Anasas as a sortie reward: maybe there could be a small chance of getting one upon completing the sortie, as a supplemental reward drop?

11 hours ago, (XB1)distractedFreek said:

Why would you hope for a sculpture when you could get the 4K endo instead? Why would you do the same amount of work (sortie) to get a lesser amount of endo?

With the sculpture in the table you have a 40.1% chance of endo, that's quite a skew towards endo as a reward drop. And there are alternatives (efficient or not) for endo, but not for Rivens. We don't need two sources of endo in the same endgame content when it is so prevalent everywhere else. I'm sure the same argument will arise for the kuva now that they've added an endless kuva survival, but at least it's only a single reward.

Efficiency may not be a a factor for choosing an item to be on a loot table but it is a factor in how we farm something. IF people are using the sortie as a source of plat they are most certainly not doing it for the Anasa.

It's just a filler reward on the table, like the resources in PoE bounties or credit caches in endless missions, they needed to spread the drop rates out with enough items to satisfy the grind. Unfortunately this isn't the only place they put the exact same rewards in the same table in differing amounts, but at least the 4K and Anasa have different drop rates.

If you positively absolutely have to have Anasas as a sortie reward: maybe there could be a small chance of getting one upon completing the sortie, as a supplemental reward drop?

I feel like we're going in circles now.  Let's just agree to disagree at this point.

Mesa nukes both Raptor and Ambulas. In Ambulas case Mesa is also one of best things to keep Mech Ospreys away.

Lephantis is an unfortunate damage sponge, but Flash Accelerant Ember with Ignis works on him well enough (bring ammo pizzas)