Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

S.O. potential

Cloud

The new mode, even if it has something interesting, as to face the different factions in constantly changing tilesets, fails to bring to play a truly innovative experience. We could more properly talk about a mash-up of everything in the game, recycled and assembled in a single mission but as a result creates a mode in which all that matters is to bring nuke frames or aoe weapons to maximize the kill for second.

What would I do?

1) First of all, I would put more variables. The zone can be of more types (just for example:
- time-efficiency (the standard one we have)
- survive to death (a time limit mode in which you must survive surrounded by a "circle of death" who constantly become smaller while fighting extra buffed units who drops ammo and health)
- boss fight / fights
- Extermination with variants (as floor is lava, nuke minions , etc...)

2) Meaningfull deaths
- there is only one revive
- you earn a life by getting a big amount of points

3) Take advantage of the limitations of space on the map
One of the most beautiful aspects of the game is the size of the maps and their variability, but this is also one of the biggest obstacles in programming interesting enemies, because having to be programmed to be placed in any tileset requires that the enemies must have a routine of rather basic and generic commands.
The fact that this mode instead has restricted and controlled environments could allow the use of more advanced units that are developed just to fight in those environments and can exploit them in a more smart way, giving us an higher degree of difficulty and taking into account that our mobility in such environments no longer has such a drastic impact as in the rest of the game.

4) And this is one of the points that after so many years you still cannot understand ... rewarding the fatigue and skill of players.
The whole game for what concern the reward system is structured as a big big slot machine, from which you have no way out if you have not done more slot machines before.
Now the endless modes are made just to put a solution to this system, it is illogical and unfair not to reward a player who is able to face a higher degree of challenge.
So I would absolutely put a token system in the mode, with a substantial increase in the number for every 10 zones.

5)Do not limit yourself to increase scaling

just increasing hp and damage for every zone is lazy. You could put new units, new ways of approaching the players, new variants at zone type according to the level of the zone, some kind of bosses or mini bosses. You have plenty of alterantives, don't take the most boring one.

Edited by Cloud

On 27/4/2018 at 6:52 PM, ShinTechG said:

It's funny how the one idea I keep seeing being repeated over and over on the forums is boss fights.  Really hope this happens in onslaught

Hell yeah, in any horde game I ever played there would be a boss/mini boss coming at a certain round. Don't see why it would not work (maybe with some changes) also in warframe.

On 27/4/2018 at 7:04 PM, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

Onslaught definitely has some amazing potential to be fun and I like those ideas a lot. 

Indeed, appreciate you like them.