Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion on how to less the feel of stagnation of content. bring back events.

Whitetiger62512

All right first I am a relatively new player so I am by no means a vet. That out of the way I am going to suggest something that might help everyone in some fashion.

Events: Content that comes for a fixed amount of time before becoming unavailable again.

Now here is the Idea, bring back the events from the past in a rotation through the year in six month maximum cycles. 

Reasons:

Lets all face one hard truth that some don't want to face new content does not come nearly as fast as we like and when we push hard for it we get glitch filled crash loaded events like the most recent game mode. Now I understand the push for new content but I am a new player and I hear about these old events and they sound cool, and the rewards they dropped sound even cooler. Sure some of the rewards are now able to be farmed in the normal game but it is not the same.

With the push for new content leading to rushed worked we need something that can tide players over in the long stretches between new releases, so why not bring back old content that new players have never had the chance to play and some of the Vets might miss dearly. This bringing back of the events would mix up the game and give players variety to the game more often and help slow the burn out.

Rough mechanics: 

Alright enough beating around the bush and let's talk how this would even really work.

Each 'cycle' would last some time frame between 3-6 months depending on how many events there are and how long each one should run. Further more if needed 2 events may run at the same time to keep all the events in one cycle, once the cycle is finished that the next begins the order of the events are shuffled to keep things a bit more fresh. every event would have at least 24 hours from the end of one to the start of the next to give people the chance to shift mental gears smoothly.

Some of the rewards would have to be reworked of course to better suit the current landscape of the game and how often these events run. 

Benefits:

Allows newer players to experience new content without DE having to make new content really, and gives the vets something new to do and odds are they missed some of this loot the first go around.  Also with the 2 cycles a year min then we don't get S#&$ like the acolytes where the event is during a time where most are traveling to be with family. Instead you can now have another chance without having to wait a year for it to come again.

DE will have more breather room to make content with the buffer of the events helping keep people amused for a while. Leading to fewer issues on release and higher grade of content overall.

There that is my two cents and now I can only hope that someone important enough in DE thinks along the same lines as I do. So feedback is welcome, this is the start of what I would like to be a discussion and debate.

While i agree that there is a lack of continuous content, i cant see bringing back events as a viable option.

Most people did the events for the unique reward that come with them, weather it was mods or a weapon.

Also this game already Benefits new players way too much and leaves veteran players out to dry. 

To be perfectly honest, the lack of content is due to DE developing Massive updates like PoE and Venus rather than small updates that would have a better life span, they put a limited loot pool in and lackluster replayability, and before long the content is farmed dry by most people. DE's content lacks replay value... Bringing back events wouldn't fix this, its just reused content. Unfortunately, the only "replayble" content in Warframe currently is Conclave (Which we all know is a mess as it is) and Sorties... and even they have a tiny loot pool with bad RNG.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

This is new content, though. They can't just hit a button and this stuff magically appears back in game. How do you think this would solve something that would be exacerbated by the supposed solution?

I did not mean to imply that I thought they could magic button it back in, I am saying that this content would be easier to quickly put out to tide people over, they should already have the files for the events stored somewhere if they are a smart company, if not they have the notes and have done it before. So yes it would cause a brief slow done in the begining phase but once the mod the event data to work they can leave a small team to run that while they devote more resources to new content without as much pressure.

5 hours ago, PureIcarus said:

While i agree that there is a lack of continuous content, i cant see bringing back events as a viable option.

Most people did the events for the unique reward that come with them, weather it was mods or a weapon.

Also this game already Benefits new players way too much and leaves veteran players out to dry. 

To be perfectly honest, the lack of content is due to DE developing Massive updates like PoE and Venus rather than small updates that would have a better life span, they put a limited loot pool in and lackluster replayability, and before long the content is farmed dry by most people. DE's content lacks replay value... Bringing back events wouldn't fix this, its just reused content. Unfortunately, the only "replayble" content in Warframe currently is Conclave (Which we all know is a mess as it is) and Sorties... and even they have a tiny loot pool with bad RNG.

I can see your points but honestly I see it more that the Vets have the advantage in a lot of ways since they have all the rare and uniqe items that have yet to make it back into the game. I know several vets in my clan that have never really had to go through some of the trails for the new players like the relays(Not really hard most of them but point is the vets can skip them.)

Yes a lot of the events have low replay value but that is for people who have played them and likely to death the first time the event appeared. So how many players today have played the events from 2013? If they brought events out in year packs moving forward with a few new events each year you could just keep rolling next year in the list for the events and it would always be oldest events being released again.(An idea spawned from what you countered with so thank you for your insight.)

19 minutes ago, Whitetiger62512 said:

I can see your points but honestly I see it more that the Vets have the advantage in a lot of ways since they have all the rare and uniqe items that have yet to make it back into the game. I know several vets in my clan that have never really had to go through some of the trails for the new players like the relays(Not really hard most of them but point is the vets can skip them.)

Yes a lot of the events have low replay value but that is for people who have played them and likely to death the first time the event appeared. So how many players today have played the events from 2013? If they brought events out in year packs moving forward with a few new events each year you could just keep rolling next year in the list for the events and it would always be oldest events being released again.(An idea spawned from what you countered with so thank you for your insight.)

Except a lot of the rare and unique items have made their way back into the game through new events.... the wraiths and Vandals are mostly old content that found its way back, through new events. All content eventually makes its orbit and becomes available again. I just feel reusing the older events and saying that vets can skip them isnt the best plan, the idea is to include all players. I think a rolling reward system on a new event/game mode would be a much better idea... similar to how sorties used to be. Create a fully randomized playlist game mode that has endless replayability, and every week change up the rewards. These rewards can include vandals, wraiths, unique mods, unique cosmetics, even boosters... that way there is something for everyone, you keep an aspect of replayability and you recycle existing content into a fun and fresh way. 

12 hours ago, PureIcarus said:

Except a lot of the rare and unique items have made their way back into the game through new events.... the wraiths and Vandals are mostly old content that found its way back, through new events. All content eventually makes its orbit and becomes available again. I just feel reusing the older events and saying that vets can skip them isnt the best plan, the idea is to include all players. I think a rolling reward system on a new event/game mode would be a much better idea... similar to how sorties used to be. Create a fully randomized playlist game mode that has endless replayability, and every week change up the rewards. These rewards can include vandals, wraiths, unique mods, unique cosmetics, even boosters... that way there is something for everyone, you keep an aspect of replayability and you recycle existing content into a fun and fresh way. 

This is a great Idea, I think that is a lot better than my first idea. So long as the drop tables are not too diluted it would work, they can use old event layouts and designs as a base for the start and make more based on feedback. 

If DE doesn't bring back events they're literally cutting off players from the games lore. You wouldn't ever know what tf is up with Alad V if you didn't know he cured himself of the mutalist virus after operation tube men, and you'd never know that tyl regor is 10000000% the best boss.