Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In defense of scaling Kuva

It’s very simple. The more Kuva siphons you use in Kuva survival the more Kuva per siphon you get. No additional rewards, no unfair drop tables, just a simple risk/reward system. Everyone needs to stop comparing this to the old T4 survivals where staying longer granted different rewards.

Its not rewarding to only get enough Kuva for 1 riven roll after 30 minutes. And with enemies continuing to scale and the air supports dropping on longer intervals it’s even less rewarding because you’re facing harder enemies for Kuva dropping less of the time.

2 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Agreed, however, it should scale to make it not overpowered.... perhaps, at 5 minutes 200>400, at 10 minutes 400>500, 15 minutes 500>550, 20 minutes 550>600, and adds 50 for each additional 5 minutes afterwords. 

......Those numbers ARE overpowered. (At least, in terms of what DE has feed us the last few years)

We'd be lucky if Kuva Siphons scaled +10 Kuva per 10 Minutes. And that's not our's OR DE's fault, that's the super Elite, Mega Cheese crowds you get to blame for that level of "scaling", cause what ever DE decides, they always have to ask themselves "Okay, but what if 6 hour run?" "Hmmmm.....yeeeeah....that would grow to too much....".

2 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

......Those numbers ARE overpowered. (At least, in terms of what DE has feed us the last few years)

We'd be lucky if Kuva Siphons scaled +10 Kuva per 10 Minutes. And that's not our's OR DE's fault, that's the super Elite, Mega Cheese crowds you get to blame for that level of "scaling", cause what ever DE decides, they always have to ask themselves "Okay, but what if 6 hour run?" "Hmmmm.....yeeeeah....that would grow to too much....".

i never said thoes numbers are what it should be... simply a broad example of a tapering scaling system that result in higher Kuva counts as you went along and didnt overwhelm the system. Beyond that, a 6 hour run would be nearly impossible due to enemy scaling. at about 1 hour, they should be able to 1 shot a frost globe and kuva siphon with relative ease, let alone any warframes in their way. Grineer is hitscan making them much more lethal than other enemy types. 

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The more Kuva siphons you use in Kuva survival the more Kuva per siphon you get.

.....Except that doesn't make since either. What, did the Guardians just start packing more Concentrated heaps of Kuva everywhere because you showed up and started stealing it?

But in more fair critiques, DE can't do anything to scale the Kuva rewards because what ever scaling they add, guess what, the Meta Cheese Farm Elites will just ruin it.

Scale per Siphon? Well, now the Elites are getting too much Kuva with their Cheese.

Scale to a Stopping point? Well now players will demand that a "1 Hour Stopping point on Scale is TOO SOON!!!! Extend Kuva Scaling!"

There's just no way to make anyone happy.....so why bother wasting the time, and just get back to work on your projects, that's basically how I feel it is for them right now.

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

.....Except that doesn't make since either. What, did the Guardians just start packing more Concentrated heaps of Kuva everywhere because you showed up and started stealing it?

But in more fair critiques, DE can't do anything to scale the Kuva rewards because what ever scaling they add, guess what, the Meta Cheese Farm Elites will just ruin it.

Scale per Siphon? Well, now the Elites are getting too much Kuva with their Cheese.

Scale to a Stopping point? Well now players will demand that a "1 Hour Stopping point on Scale is TOO SOON!!!! Extend Kuva Scaling!"

There's just no way to make anyone happy.....so why bother wasting the time, and just get back to work on your projects, that's basically how I feel it is for them right now.

Not everything has to be "Lore Friendly" 

3 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Beyond that, a 6 hour run would be nearly impossible due to enemy scaling.

...........HAHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA *Inhale*........HAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

.....Sorry.......that was rude...........But, for real....The Cheese, man.....The Cheese. 6 hours to the Elite squads is literally nothing, unfortunately. That's the case DE faces with these decisions, see. 6 hour Survival.....is nothing to the Cheese.

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

...........HAHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA *Inhale*........HAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

.....Sorry.......that was rude...........But, for real....The Cheese, man.....The Cheese. 6 hours to the Elite squads is literally nothing, unfortunately. That's the case DE faces with these decisions, see. 6 hour Survival.....is nothing to the Cheese.

Cheese has its limits... Easy fix to cheese, enemies gain resistance to certain warframes abilities the more its used on them.

4 minutes ago, PureIcarus said:

Cheese has its limits... Easy fix to cheese, enemies gain resistance to certain warframes abilities the more its used on them.

Here's my suggestion before to Kuva Scaling and possibly implementing it with that idea......which is partially Tongue in Cheek, but still a direction I feel DE could go for a Scaled Reward:

Also, LifeofRio's 6 Hour Kuva Discussion video

https://youtu.be/X-o3lafhbWs?t=1m36s

(Starting at the point he talks about the 6 hour part and the mission rewards, etc.)

Edited by Tangent-Valley
More stuff, eh.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

At the very least it’s more rewards for those who sink in the time to play.

Sink in time to play, but NOT in the way DE wants them too......so......why should DE reward them for their Cheese?

They literally just said in their last Devstream they want to keep Warframe, and by extension, its reward system, an "In and Out" quick play style, that you can do right before bed or work, between classes at college, etc. And they've never really embraced the "Long Play, Much Rewards" style ever. I am paraphrasing them in this Devstream, and a few other occasions, but you get the idea.

Edited by Tangent-Valley
Grammar~

22 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

It’s simple, scaling won’t be a thing because of the cheese. Cheese can’t be fixed so scaling rewards won’t happen, period. 

Between the two......I'll take my Cheese. I can spread it on more content, and not have to worry about blanket nerfs to every stealth/invisibility Frame ever.

1 hour ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Sink in time to play, but NOT in the way DE wants them too......so......why should DE reward them for their Cheese?

They literally just said in their last Devstream they want to keep Warframe, and by extension, its reward system, an "In and Out" quick play style, that you can do right before bed or work, between classes at college, etc. And they've never really embraced the "Long Play, Much Rewards" style ever. I am paraphrasing them in this Devstream, and a few other occasions, but you get the idea.

Then we nerf maiming strike. 

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301