Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Mod/Appearance configurations on the fly

Yulfan

Hi !

The idea is simple : for equipped frames and weapons, being able to quickly change the configuration without going in the menus. I know it has already been suggested several times in the past, but without receiving any answer. But with the next interface rework, I think it's an opportunity to make it real.

For example :

YttPUE6.png

30 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

You literally are only saving a fraction of a second with this. DE has no incentive at all to waste resources to save players at most 30 seconds in the entirety of a full play session.

Actually, opening up the mod screen takes a couple seconds, and switching mod sheets another second or so, plus the extra half second or so to back out. That's assuming that DE's servers are performing optimally and your connection is strong, as well as your drive being quick to access data.

This would be much appreciated, but I think overall, better loadout system would be nicer. Being able to save your loadout configurations in updateable but otherwise read-only loadouts that alter your current default would be much better than the current parallel defaults with a label system, where accidently changing your optimized loadout will cost you all the time you saved by selecting the loadout in the first place, and then some.

2 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Actually, opening up the mod screen takes a couple seconds, and switching mod sheets another second or so, plus the extra half second or so to back out. That's assuming that DE's servers are performing optimally and your connection is strong, as well as your drive being quick to access data.

This would be much appreciated, but I think overall, better loadout system would be nicer. Being able to save your loadout configurations in updateable but otherwise read-only loadouts that alter your current default would be much better than the current parallel defaults with a label system, where accidently changing your optimized loadout will cost you all the time you saved by selecting the loadout in the first place, and then some.

Opening the sheets doesn't take me any time at all, and that loading when you switch? Yea, it would have to do the same loading with this idea as well.

Storing your loadouts locally means that DE has to do more work on their end to maintain validity of your loadouts, fixing errors, and sending data to other players. It also means that you lose all of them any time the game or your harddrive has a critical error. Likewise your info isn't saved between different systems, which makes it where you cannot just pop in to a game on a friend's computer or a public one (yes they exist) and play. They store loadouts on their end for a reason.

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Opening the sheets doesn't take me any time at all, and that loading when you switch? Yea, it would have to do the same loading with this idea as well.

Storing your loadouts locally means that DE has to do more work on their end to maintain validity of your loadouts, fixing errors, and sending data to other players. It also means that you lose all of them any time the game or your harddrive has a critical error. Likewise your info isn't saved between different systems, which makes it where you cannot just pop in to a game on a friend's computer or a public one (yes they exist) and play. They store loadouts on their end for a reason.

No it wouldn't because it's primarily reloading mods. This isn't necessary to do when switching mod configurations, since all you need to load is the mod appearance effects, and reload the mods when running a mission which the game already does.

It absolutely takes time to open up the mod menu, period. The majority of it is programmed, and there's a bit of lag loading the data and connecting.

Nothing about locally stored loadouts, I'm talking about changing the loadout interface so that it's actually worth using as a way to quickly select a specific configuration you can rely on being the same as it was last time.

Edited by NezuHimeSama