Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back the Void Key System

(PSN)rDk2048

TL;DR

There is a lot to say about the not so necessary change from Void Keys to bloody Relics, let’s just compare running relics to running Void Keys, if u want to run a relic u have to grind for multiple extras for the same relic, refine it, look for a squad or host 1, just a bloody bonus here, 2 weeks ago or so I was hosting a Meso O2 Radiant and looked for 3 others with rad relics, but bloody hell mate, i spent 3-4 HOURS MATE looking for players with the bloody perfect “radiant” relic, and guess bloody wut, I didn’t find a squad mate, in the final hour I got 2 others with me, and when I got tired and told them to go 3 only, 1 of them said “I don’t want to waste a vaulted relic, bloody hell mate, I just turned off the PS4 mate.

to the Void Keys, u just need to look for a squad for long Tower Defs, Survs, Ints, or high lvl MDs, Caps, Exts, or for cache searching purposes, Sabotage, the rest u can just bloody Solo without having to worry about bringing in more squad members, and also how looking for ppl to run a relic with is bloody hard with how split out it’s in recruit chat, 1 looking for a Lith and the other looking for bloody Axi etc, while back in the Void Key days there was no T1 CapZ1 or T4 Def420 or any of this bollocks mate, also, how boring running a Surv Fissure is compared to a Tower Surv, it feels like forcing urself through the whole thing with randoms mate, while Tower Survs u feel rewarded with how the rewards r not frustratingly split out with all these bloody relics, I have to go through all this and find a squad for desired part, it’s boring af mate, wut ever ppl were thinking when they were praising this bollocks mate

last thing (finally xD) I have to point out how the Relic System made both The Void and Derelict irrelevant except for veterans running Mot when they’re bored, with the overkill of Nekros Prime releasing 4 days after the SoTR update was released on consoles, ppl found no bloody reason to run Lephantis after Nekros Prime was released mate, the new fashion was released everybody! HOP INTO THE TRAIN! Srsly tho, there was no point in making Warframe this bloody boring mates, I know this isn’t rly constructed very well but I’ll let u guys continue this discussion, thx for reading 😉

Edited by (PS4)rDk2048

To be brutally honest, the Void Key system will definitely not return. The switch to relics brought about a new drop table of prime parts and how they are given. I can almost guarantee that if DE wanted to bring back the Void Key system, it would likely be different than how it was long ago. They'd have to update the system in order to make it "co-exist" alongside the relic system.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

I liked the key system for the same reason as you said one key with good build I could sit there and run the survival till I got it or the enemies were to high level. Relics suck I had to use 30+ radiant Lith C2 relics to get one Cernos’s lower limb.

Edited by (XB1)Red X278

Less blood, less mate , more school. 

it was a pain to read that rant post, that could be sum up to " Please bring back the void key system cause i don't like the relics".

No critical feedback, no hints on possible alternatives nor whatever, just a walltext of strange London-looking slang that only makes me take you less seriously.

The Void key system was removed as there was not enough space to add more items in the drop tables without going into insanely low % (And they are already low), with the new relic system, this problem is almost solved.

Why still have the Drop Table dilution problem, that's why things go inside the Vault, but the "pool" is a lot bigger, also, this new system almost guarantees the drop you are looking for with the right team composition (the famous 4 rad runs).

The fact that you are not finding others to do said relics has nothing to do with the system, but is a problem of both the community and you being to late to the party.

A good discussion about the "goodness" of the old Key system, is about the amount of rewards, and for now i think we all agree that the old system is better ON THIS POINT, as for 1 relic, we get 1 reward, while in the past, for 1 key we could theoretically get infinite rewards. But, aside from that, i see no reason to bring the key system back.

For the void/derelict being useless as for now, that has been a mistake, and if you had followed the devs, you should know by now that they are working on "something special" for them. (most likely removal of Key required to go into the derelicts, allowing matchmaking)

And then you did a key share and the others just left because of course they would. Great system /s

FYI you can do a radiant run ON YOUR OWN and have a higher % rare drop chance then a full keyshare run did in the past.

In the end all people are after are the survival runs and such on a single key but they forget how >>>BLOODY<<< annoying it was to gain rare drops from the single run keys. not to mention chances for vaulted parts to go poof completely because the tables changed and the tables were over saturated to begin with.

In the end, nostalgia is a powerful drug. And many times returning to it only brings disappointment. 

Edited by Airwolfen

Void isn't useless: many mods are found only there, argon is found only there and defense missions are more predictable than other tilesets despite being more difficult.

Derelict has great rewards but people prefer grinding the same missions over and over and that's a pity.

2 hours ago, (PS4)rDk2048 said:

There is a lot to say about the not so necessary change from Void Keys to bloody Relics, let’s just compare running relics to running Void Keys, if u want to run a relic u have to grind for multiple extras for the same relic, refine it, look for a squad or host 1, just a bloody bonus here, 2 weeks ago or so I was hosting a Meso O2 Radiant and looked for 3 others with rad relics, but bloody hell mate, i spent 3-4 HOURS MATE looking for players with the bloody perfect “radiant” relic, and guess bloody wut, I didn’t find a squad mate, in the final hour I got 2 others with me, and when I got tired and told them to go 3 only, 1 of them said “I don’t want to waste a vaulted relic, bloody hell mate, I just turned off the PS4 mate.

Meso O2 isn't vaulted.

This is probably the best complaint against the relic system though, in that the longer a relic is in the wild, the harder it becomes to find a team to run it, especially as a radiant run.

That said, the relic system gives better odds and trades some up-front grind for a lot less grind on the reward side.  People seem to remember those days where they got the item they wanted on the first try, but it was much more likely to have to put in multiple tries (sometimes triple digit tries), going to rotation C to finally get a part to drop.  And, that was fighting the same enemies on the same tilesets over and over and over again.  It wasn't fun.

On 2018-05-03 at 9:51 AM, Kyryo said:

Less blood, less mate , more school. 

it was a pain to read that rant post, that could be sum up to " Please bring back the void key system cause i don't like the relics".

No critical feedback, no hints on possible alternatives nor whatever, just a walltext of strange London-looking slang that only makes me take you less seriously.

The Void key system was removed as there was not enough space to add more items in the drop tables without going into insanely low % (And they are already low), with the new relic system, this problem is almost solved.

Why still have the Drop Table dilution problem, that's why things go inside the Vault, but the "pool" is a lot bigger, also, this new system almost guarantees the drop you are looking for with the right team composition (the famous 4 rad runs).

The fact that you are not finding others to do said relics has nothing to do with the system, but is a problem of both the community and you being to late to the party.

A good discussion about the "goodness" of the old Key system, is about the amount of rewards, and for now i think we all agree that the old system is better ON THIS POINT, as for 1 relic, we get 1 reward, while in the past, for 1 key we could theoretically get infinite rewards. But, aside from that, i see no reason to bring the key system back.

For the void/derelict being useless as for now, that has been a mistake, and if you had followed the devs, you should know by now that they are working on "something special" for them. (most likely removal of Key required to go into the derelicts, allowing matchmaking)

Bump.

17 hours ago, mkoo33 said:

Maybe implementing something  like a lobby ..  you start the mission with a relic type , and system matches you with others having the same one. 

That sounds like an awesome idea !